Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do Christians conceptualize God when they pray?
07-31-2010, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2010 11:24 AM by Ahmadi.)
How do Christians conceptualize God when they pray?
I am genuinely at a loss to understand, how do the Trinitarians conceptualize God when they pray?

When Muslims pray or when I read of prayers in the Old Testament, we are praying to a Unity, God the Father, One Will, One Person. We are not addressing a committee, a congress or a group of three. Even Jesus prayed to God the Father, so this is easy to understand and conceive.

Who do the Trinitarian Christians pray to? Are you able to some how create a mental picture of Triune God? Do you address the three persons of the Trinity separately or address them at the same time? Do you think the Trinity have three wills or only one will?

Just curious, please help me out here. Thanks

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2010, 12:42 PM
RE: How do Christians conceptualize God when they pray?
Anyone?

It is not a loaded question. Please tell me how do you pray, and conceptualize God.

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
07-31-2010, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2010 02:22 PM by biomystic.)
(07-31-2010 12:42 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  Anyone?

It is not a loaded question. Please tell me how do you pray, and conceptualize God.

Tell us, Ahmadi, how do you Muslims pray to God when you have no idea what God is? How can you address Something that the lead brain of your thinking, Muhammad, tells you is unknowable, himself only able to describe God by listing a series of universal platitudes and attributes that can as easily be applied as a description of Nature?

In short, who are you Muslims to ever think you can define the worship of God by other peoples when you yourselves have no real inkling of what it is you're worshiping? At least Christians are closer to the mark of knowing what God is with their holy nuclear family than you Muslims without knowledge of the identity of God. Of course the full identification, the Great Gnosis, still only resides within the Gospel of Humanity, Christianity's most advanced form of spiritual knowledge.
07-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Biomystic, I will gladly answer your query, but I do not want to muddle the waters here, prematurely in this thread, allow me to first hear a few comments from the Trinitarians and then we can get into what you would like to talk about.

Thanks for your patience.

07-31-2010, 02:57 PM
I thought the Muslims and Christians (and Jews) all prayed to the same God. No? (I obviously did not answer your question either...Sorry)
07-31-2010, 03:49 PM
(07-31-2010 02:38 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  Biomystic, I will gladly answer your query, but I do not want to muddle the waters here, prematurely in this thread, allow me to first hear a few comments from the Trinitarians and then we can get into what you would like to talk about.

Thanks for your patience.

In other words, Ahmadi, you don't really want Christians to actually describe their conception of God here on this thread "How do Christians conceptualize God when they pray?"
07-31-2010, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2010 04:58 PM by Ahmadi.)
(07-31-2010 02:57 PM)CarolineBelle Wrote:  I thought the Muslims and Christians (and Jews) all prayed to the same God. No? (I obviously did not answer your question either...Sorry)

You are trying, may be you have already answered it. But, try to be more explicit. You probably have prayed in Church or otherwise when circumstances are tough. How do you envision God. Who is in your mind and in your thoughts when you are appealing to someone.

Thanks once again for trying.

07-31-2010, 10:01 PM
If Christians are not going to answer this, may be agnostics or atheists will from their early life experiences, before they stopped praying.

Peace!

08-01-2010, 05:59 AM
(07-31-2010 10:01 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  If Christians are not going to answer this, may be agnostics or atheists will from their early life experiences, before they stopped praying.

Peace!

Hey, Ahmadi, I'm Christian and I answered and you're just ignoring me. You want to cherry pick your Christian responders so you can beat your old tired Muslim anti-Christian Trinity horse again.
08-01-2010, 06:23 AM
(07-31-2010 02:57 PM)CarolineBelle Wrote:  I thought the Muslims and Christians (and Jews) all prayed to the same God. No? (I obviously did not answer your question either...Sorry)

This is something Mohammad has tricked billions into thinking. A short history lesson is all it takes to know better.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)