Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do ordinary Muslims treat gay Muslims?
03-06-2011, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2011 10:31 PM by Stonecold.)
How do ordinary Muslims treat gay Muslims?
If a Muslim (not gay) were to find out that his/her best friend (who is also Muslim) was gay, what should the non-gay Muslim do?

Should the Muslim who is not gay stop being friends with the one which is gay? How would the typical Muslim act if he/she were to find this disturbing truth? Should he/she treat them any differently if the gay Muslim doesn't adopt a promiscuous homosexual lifestyle but instead lives a dedicated life of celibacy?

What does the Koran preach regarding this situation?
Find all posts by this user
03-07-2011, 02:58 AM
RE: How do ordinary Muslims treat gay Muslims?
Stonecold Wrote:If a Muslim (not gay) were to find out that his/her best friend (who is also Muslim) was gay, what should the non-gay Muslim do?

Just want to clarify on the terminology a little there. There is no such thing as a "gay Muslim". If a Muslim were stricken with temptations to commit adultery or to commit theft or to commit murder, would we call such a person an "adulterous Muslim" or a "thieving Muslim" or a "murderous Muslim" merely for being tempted by such temptations? Of course not! Just like a Muslim who was tempted by attraction to the same sex would not called as such.

This is the sickness of the Western societies that they make this act into a lifestyle and a state of being, as if its a person's complete and total identity or something. As if to say that sexual desires completely define the person and is the central and core tenet of their identity. Islam rejects such an idea. A person is not defined by these things, but a person certainly could be tempted by them.

Quote:the gay Muslim doesn't adopt a promiscuous homosexual lifestyle but instead lives a dedicated life of celibacy?

If a person afflicted with such temptations never acted upon them, then they've done nothing wrong, in fact they will be rewarded for their abstinence from sin. The Prophet (pbuh) said whoever intends to do some evil, but doesn't, will be rewarded for that.

Islam replaced monkishness by manliness. It gives hope to the slave, brotherhood to mankind..
(Isaac Taylor, Anglican Canon of York).
03-07-2011, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 03:25 AM by kevlar.)
Would a muslim with black skin, need to try not to have black skin, after all it has the capacity to effect his entire lifestyle his state of being, in fact which colour skin is the preferred in Islam? Because one's sexuality is as controllable as one's skin colour, nobody even mentioned a lifestyle Abu, that was you. Homosexuality is quite simply a preferance for sexual activity with the same sex, do you conduct your sex life in public as a lifestyle choice?
Adultery, murder and theft are all genetically ingrained Abu, how wonderful will genetic engineering be when we can eliminate all of your so called sins, before anyone is born.

????????????????
03-07-2011, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 04:12 AM by Balstrome.)
Either Abu is a serious bigot or he does not understand reality. So much for the brotherhood of Islam.
03-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Yeh I'm a bigot because I think it's wrong to sodomise one another. How evil of me.

Islam replaced monkishness by manliness. It gives hope to the slave, brotherhood to mankind..
03-07-2011, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 06:55 AM by kevlar.)
Female same sex partners don't do that do they?
But Abu what the hell does it have to do with you what people do in their own bedrooms?????
Or is it painful adolescent memories???

????????????????
03-07-2011, 07:09 AM
(03-07-2011 04:55 AM)Abu Rashid Wrote:  Yeh I'm a bigot because I think it's wrong to sodomise one another. How evil of me.

The idea that homosexuality and anal sex are one and the same is utterly flawed. If "sodomy" is your concern, then, can I assume that you have no objection to homosexual couples who don't have anal sex? I could introduce you to some, if you'd like.
03-07-2011, 07:26 AM
PK, I think it's quite obvious I was using that as the stereotypical act that homosexuals are known for.

That is the act that Islam considers the most abominable though.

03-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Sad thread.
03-07-2011, 08:44 AM
I wonder if Abu knows that Abrahamic phobia of homosexuality was really Jews trashing Greece which was seen as the major religious and literary competitor of Judaism. So how to discredit Greeks?..And Pauline Christians and Muslims have followed suit ever since. Now behavioral science tells us what most non-Abrahamic cultures always knew, percentage-wise, gays contribute far more to cultural creativity than do straight people. Besides modern science knowledge Muslims do not seem to know how much has been contributed to civilization throughout history by famous people who were in fact gay.
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What do Muslims think of non-muslims, eg. jews etc. - 50 mins vid Hamza 0 228 05-02-2013 02:07 PM
Last Post: Hamza
  Can and Should Muslims and Nonbelievers be Close friends. EqualAtheist 14 615 12-15-2012 08:37 PM
Last Post: muslim girl
  Questions for Muslims Fender 153 4,480 12-13-2012 05:13 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
  Reasons Why Muslims And Non-Muslims Can Benefit From Quran Equally MomenaMinhas 6 478 12-13-2012 03:36 PM
Last Post: KAYSER
  Question for Muslims or non-Muslim Arab speakers about word in Umarii Treaty TG123 2 441 10-10-2012 10:07 AM
Last Post: muslim girl
  Question to Muslims about the Quran TG123 4 452 09-24-2012 06:48 PM
Last Post: TG123
  Muslims burn the Qur'an every day julio 52 2,805 09-17-2012 11:29 AM
Last Post: Visqueen
  Iranians petitioning Muslims to abandon Islam--a new trend? biomystic 31 4,852 09-08-2012 02:28 AM
Last Post: beileMaby
  Muslims burn more Qur'ans julio 12 805 09-05-2012 08:46 PM
Last Post: damned2hell
  Helping Muslims understand the Trinity im.still.here 14 1,198 05-30-2012 06:17 AM
Last Post: Huitaca

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)