Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you ground yourself?
01-22-2010, 12:16 PM
How do you ground yourself?
Numbers are actually a rather large part of my life. I have a bad case of OCD, a type labeled as "The Obessionals". It is where I count and repeat words constantly to calm negative thoughts. Anyways throughout the years I have used counting as a grounding technique, you know I will count, using numerology to calm myself and ground myself.

Anyways on a different forum we were discussing odd way we ground ourselves, you know instead of the most basic traditional way. And I was curious as to some of the ways you all may use. With life being so hectic this time of the year for many people I thought it would be nice to discuss.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2010, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2010 12:34 PM by Parousia.)
RE: How do you ground yourself?
(01-22-2010 12:16 PM)StevieHummingbird Wrote:  Numbers are actually a rather large part of my life. I have a bad case of OCD, a type labeled as "The Obessionals". It is where I count and repeat words constantly to calm negative thoughts. Anyways throughout the years I have used counting as a grounding technique, you know I will count, using numerology to calm myself and ground myself.

Anyways on a different forum we were discussing odd way we ground ourselves, you know instead of the most basic traditional way. And I was curious as to some of the ways you all may use. With life being so hectic this time of the year for many people I thought it would be nice to discuss.

I am also strongly OCD but not a Pure O. No weird thoughts to suppress, just obsessions jumping out and grabbing me and not letting go for the longest time. But I was able to channel all (ok, most) of this proclivity for obsessing into a profession, specifically computers. I had tried serious math but I was not good enough to prove (or disprove) every potential theorem that popped into my head and so the obsessions never ended. But computer problems have a natural beginning, a middle and an end. There is a right way to do them and they are very satisfying when resolved. (Plus I found I was really good at this). This uses up most of my 'obsessive energy' and the demons stay quiet for awhile.

I realize this is not applicable to your situation. I imagine you have tried the professional approaches like ERP?
01-22-2010, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2010 01:55 PM by Raphael.)
(01-22-2010 12:16 PM)StevieHummingbird Wrote:  Numbers are actually a rather large part of my life. I have a bad case of OCD, a type labeled as "The Obessionals". It is where I count and repeat words constantly to calm negative thoughts. Anyways throughout the years I have used counting as a grounding technique, you know I will count, using numerology to calm myself and ground myself.

hello stevie.
we all have our quirks apparently.

I like to garden, study universal archetypes shared by all beliefs (numbers, shape and form are key) and look after my kids...not always in that order.

Here is a garden labyrinth of my design...based on my SS paSSionS....enjoy...build one if you like.
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/2009/10...th-part-1/
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/2009/10...th-part-2/

BTW
not many folks loiter about the NUMBERS forum.
shhh
Many of the folks on this forum are quite IGNORANT about numbers and the connections numbers reveal Stevie.
How can I say that?
How many of the threads have not been authored by me in the NUMBERS forum?
The other forums prove they are NOT shy.
Actions speak louder than cut and paste reBLEATing of scriptures.
And folks love to tell other folks what 'they know'.
So I must conclude....most folks are IGNORANT about the numbers game they are participating in.

So which 'numbers' or combination do you repeat as meditation?

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
01-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Paro, wow, that is quite a way of turning around a misfortune, but no I have a small issue with doctors.

Raph, those are so interesting! Thanx for posting them.
Yes, I already know this. Learned it a while back. But am not too worried about it, eh, every man to himself.
As I said before I like numerology and it goes differently, switches around, whatever words come to mind, names, phrases, or basic numbers. I can do it for hours at a time though.
02-23-2010, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2010 04:27 PM by Mr Cheese.)
Hey Stevie...

grounding yourself..there are many ways

I tend to take a deep breath...and sometimes enter into meditation

there are may ways... the kabbalists use a technique where one goes through all of the emanations in their consciousness
of which each are numbered, thus each number has a quality (or more accuratly qualities)

For example 5 is restrictive, a harsh judgment...
6 is harmonius..a balancer, a saviour
8 is intellect....
9 is the groin...

etc

It is I who am you, it is you who are me. wherever you are,I am there. I am sown in all; you collect me from wherever you wish. And when you collect me, it is your own self that you collect.
02-27-2010, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2010 04:59 AM by 4peace.)
GOD is the one i trust
GOD is the one i trust
GOD is the one i trust
02-27-2010, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2010 06:02 AM by kevlar.)
By touching the metal case before touching the expansion cards etc.lol
sorry about that

????????????????
02-27-2010, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2010 08:00 PM by lastmikvehlastDay.)
.. .. Numbers / How do you ground yourself? . . .

Quote:..being so hectic this time of the year for many people I thought it would be nice to discuss

I dont know if you ever saw the Discovery Channel's show on Daniel Tammee (or Tammet). You'd really have to actually sit down and watch the program. For someone such as yourself, you'd highly enjoy watching it. He was challenged to learn the Icelandic language in a relatively short amount of time (for the Discovery Channel)

old link :www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Tammet

03-02-2010, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2010 04:57 AM by BuildZer.)
I watch that show lastmikvehlastDay but I watch long ago and I only remember few things from it. Maybe I should visit that link that you gave lastmikvehlastDay. Maybe I can remember a thing.

03-06-2010, 01:29 PM
I ground myself by entering the rabbit holes.

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)