Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to Please God?
02-12-2010, 10:20 PM
RE: How to Please God?
(02-12-2010 10:53 AM)jwitness Wrote:  In order for us to please God, we need to “be filled with the accurate knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing him…” – Colossians 1:9,10. Knowledge in turn helps us to build faith. This is important because ‘without faith it is impossible to please God well…” – Hebrews 11:6. Therefore, by putting forth effort to build strong faith and by bringing our lives into harmony with his will, we can please God.

But you're just telling us how Paul thinks one pleases God. What do you think. You're not Paul and Paul's dead and gone so any relationship you have with God is on your own merits but here you are using Paul's ideas as if you can't think for yourself. I don't think God wants us to be human tape recorders spouting verses of dead men as if this constituted pleasing God.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2010, 06:12 AM
If GOD exists and is as powerful as you think, what makes you think that toads (in comparison) like you could possibly do anything that would please an omnipotent, omnispresent, omniscient GOD. What planet do you live on????
02-13-2010, 08:00 AM
(02-13-2010 06:12 AM)minus459 Wrote:  If GOD exists and is as powerful as you think, what makes you think that toads (in comparison) like you could possibly do anything that would please an omnipotent, omnispresent, omniscient GOD. What planet do you live on????

I live here on earth and God talks to me. Here, you can see for yourself God whispering vast spiritual knowledge and instructions into my ear.

[Image: Sparky__me-2.jpg]
02-13-2010, 08:39 AM
The Son of Sam had his dog talk to him, was he dyslexic?
02-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Neighbour's dog actually, but the joke was still good.
02-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Watch it, guys, or God, the bearded dragon will rain fire from heaven down upon you. Such disrespect, as if Pluto could ever match up. You did know didn't you that you have to become a fire-breathing dragon to reach cosmetic consciousness? Thas why all us shamans and medicine men smoke our pipes; it's the only thing that distinguishes humans from animals. We eat smoke..
02-15-2010, 02:31 PM
(02-12-2010 10:20 PM)biomystic Wrote:  
(02-12-2010 10:53 AM)jwitness Wrote:  In order for us to please God, we need to “be filled with the accurate knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing him…” – Colossians 1:9,10. Knowledge in turn helps us to build faith. This is important because ‘without faith it is impossible to please God well…” – Hebrews 11:6. Therefore, by putting forth effort to build strong faith and by bringing our lives into harmony with his will, we can please God.

But you're just telling us how Paul thinks one pleases God. What do you think. You're not Paul and Paul's dead and gone so any relationship you have with God is on your own merits but here you are using Paul's ideas as if you can't think for yourself. I don't think God wants us to be human tape recorders spouting verses of dead men as if this constituted pleasing God.

Paul was an apostle and his writings were inspired by God. What good are one’s thoughts if they are not aligned with Gods’?
The question to this topic was “How to please God.” Do you think the proper way to answer this question is to talk about what “I/we” think or what God thinks?
Even Jesus said: “I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me I speak these things.” – John 8: 28.
Going back to the question, “how to please God…” don’t you think it’s logical to reference God’s word where his thoughts are written? Wouldn’t that be the best way to answer this question?
02-15-2010, 03:21 PM
(02-15-2010 02:31 PM)jwitness Wrote:  
(02-12-2010 10:20 PM)biomystic Wrote:  

Paul was an apostle and his writings were inspired by God. What good are one’s thoughts if they are not aligned with Gods’?
The question to this topic was “How to please God.” Do you think the proper way to answer this question is to talk about what “I/we” think or what God thinks?
Even Jesus said: “I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me I speak these things.” – John 8: 28.
Going back to the question, “how to please God…” don’t you think it’s logical to reference God’s word where his thoughts are written? Wouldn’t that be the best way to answer this question?

No, not when the "Word of God" is based on fictionalized spiritual encounters of ancient men who are not you. When you base your belief in God on words written by these ancient men unknown to you personally with their unverifiable reports of supposedly historical events long after these events took place, you are playing dice with your whole belief system that can and will topple when those Word(s) of God are exposed as religious myth making. The only authentic spiritual source for basing one's spiritual beliefs upon is direct personal spiritual experience of God. Reading a book of other people's spiritual experiences makes your spiritual knowledge second-hand, filtered through other people's minds. As long as you believe that God can only "talk" to you through the words of ancient men, you close your ears and shut your eyes to the living God who is here and now, not there and then. God is God of the living, not the dead.
02-16-2010, 09:51 AM
So you believe in god but not the Bible?
Can you tell me about this god that you believe in and how you came about to believe in this god? I’m only trying to understand what you believe in.
02-16-2010, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2010 10:03 AM by minus459.)
Now I'm upset.
Firstly Zag has a personal relationship with a dragon.
Then I find out that giving up the pipe has lost my shamanshipness.
I'm goin' to be a lot more careful what I read on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)