Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to find peace?
07-10-2013, 11:30 AM
How to find peace?
We will find complete peace only when we express unconditional love, because to love is the true nature of our spirit. When we choose selfishness over love, we go against God and our true nature. This causes turmoil in our spirit. Furthermore when we choose selfishness we hurt ourselves and others by the anxiety, envy, greed, and hate it produces. Selfishness also leads people to violate the natural order established by God. Such violations include contraception, in-vitro fertilizations, abortion (which is the cruelest form of violence), divorce, fornication, adultery, and perverted and sterile sexual acts. Such violations result in breakdown of the moral fabric of the society and of family life; resulting in much suffering, especially to little children.
Unconditional love is the spirit God which is expressed in selflessness, sacrifice and service. To fall in love is to embrace this spirit; and trust in God enables us to embrace this spirit. Because love is selfless, it frees us of selfishness; which in turn frees us from everything that selfishness enslaves us with. When we embrace love we will love our enemies by our acts of sacrifice and prayers for them, will not speak or think evil about others, offer the other cheek when slapped on one, give to everyone that asks, do not ask back what we lend, give and expect nothing in return (Luke 6:27-30), consider our opportunity to sever others as our greatest gift (from God), live to love and see the presence of God in every human being. We can embrace this love, if we let the spirit of God which enabled him (in the person of Jesus) to sacrifice his own life those who hurt and betrayed him, touch our heart.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: How to find peace?
I don't have anything against in-vitro fertilization, but I still agree with your general message about unconditional love and finding peace.
07-10-2013, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 05:59 PM by arthra.)
surrender sacrifice wrote:

"Selfishness also leads people to violate the natural order established by God. Such violations include contraception, in-vitro fertilizations, abortion (which is the cruelest form of violence), divorce, fornication, adultery, and perverted and sterile sexual acts. Such violations result in breakdown of the moral fabric of the society and of family life; resulting in much suffering, especially to little children."

I think you may be generalizing a great deal here... and overlooking that there are many reasons beside mere " selfishness" for the following....

abortion (could be for medical reasons) or after a rape...

divorce (could be for a variety of reasons)..

I met a lady and her child who seemed doing quite well after an in vitro fertilization process.

People often seem not to understand perhaps all the reasons for these procedures.

"All religions, arts, and sciences are branches of the same tree."
07-10-2013, 05:59 PM
(07-10-2013 05:57 PM)arthra Wrote:  surrender sacrifice wrote:

"Selfishness also leads people to violate the natural order established by God. Such violations include contraception, in-vitro fertilizations, abortion (which is the cruelest form of violence), divorce, fornication, adultery, and perverted and sterile sexual acts. Such violations result in breakdown of the moral fabric of the society and of family life; resulting in much suffering, especially to little children."

I think you may be generalizing a great deal here... and overlooking that there are many reasons beside mere " selfishness" for the following....

abortion (could be for medical reasons);

divorce (could be for a variety of reasons)..

I met a lady and her child who seemed doing quite well after an in vitro fertilization process.

People often seem not to understand perhaps all the reasosn for these procedures.

Agreed. Part of having unconditional love is to never condemn anyone (:
07-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Quote:Selfishness also leads people to violate the natural order established by God.
You're wrong about that. There are many reasons to break the petty little rules of your religion, and "I don't care" is the most frequent one.
What makes you say "sterile sexual acts"? Sex is anything but sterile. Believe me, it's pretty much impossible for humans to have sex without getting yourselves and the sheets dirty with all kinds of fluids, full of germs.
07-22-2013, 04:45 PM
finding peace through unconditional love is nonsense. for years I tried it and I became more and more empty and full of sorrow. my will to live sucked out of me I was a dead man walking. then I found the true way to peace. Be thy self. once I recognized this truth I was reborn. I embraced my misanthropy and now fueled by pure hate I am achieving my ambitions. I've lost over 30 pounds, quit smoking and drugs. I am happy I have found true joy in the beauty of hatred of the human race I've abandoned my 24 years of religious study in favor of cultivating actual job skills. Its great. once I stopped fighting against the natural personality quirk that makes me hateful of humanity and embraced it all my problems just dropped away. True happiness and peace will not be found in dogmas and moral laws it will be in being true to yourself. be yourself and you will be free.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Find Peace luvurcreator 64 1,719 05-26-2017 09:23 AM
Last Post: Caesar Saladin
  Find the Best Religion for You DanaDana 6 852 06-21-2011 02:34 PM
Last Post: Painkiller
  Help me find a gift friedsushi87 9 1,386 12-21-2010 12:17 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
Exclamation Darkness and how to find it. sereda008 6 1,073 01-22-2010 12:57 PM
Last Post: sereda008

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)