Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
How to get DNA evidence to establish claims of Da Vinci code
07-05-2010, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2010 09:10 AM by Ahmadi.)
How to get DNA evidence to establish claims of Da Vinci code
We have debated hard and long various aspects of Christianity. We have also enjoyed the novel or the movie Da Vinci code.

Let me now lay down two fool proof methods to assess this issue. Do not under estimate the utility of this post, just because it is being launched without much fan fare.

My first thesis is to get DNA from the shroud of Turin and exhume the grave in Kashmir that according to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is of Jesus, after he had survived crucifixion:

http://knol.google.com/k/jesus-did-not-d...the-cross#

If the DNA from two such divergent sources is of the same person then there is no choice but to believe that DNA is from a single source and it cannot be denied that Jesus was wrapped in the shroud while he lived and then he migrated and lived in Kashmir and was eventually buried there is Srinagar, Kashmir.

If the Catholic Church and local fundamentalists in Kashmir deny humanity such evidence then there is one more way of looking at it. There are families in Europe claiming to be Jesus' descendents and there are also in Kashmir. If they match with preponderance of evidence then perhaps claims of both is true. How to find these families:

Holy Blood, Holy Grail Illustrated Edition: The Secret History of Jesus, the Shocking Legacy of the Grail by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, and Henry Lincoln (Hardcover - Oct. 25, 2005)

The Jesus Scroll by Donovan Joyce (Paperback - Oct. 1, 1974)

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2010, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2010 10:01 AM by kevlar.)
RE: How to get DNA evidence to establish claims of Da Vinci code

1: If Jesus was wrapped in the shroud he was dead not alive when it happened.
2: The shroud of Turin is a 14th century fake.
3: Are you trying to recruit christian apostates to your apostate muslim sect or what? Smile

????????????????
07-05-2010, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2010 10:55 AM by Ahmadi.)
Kevlar

I am listening to a course of Teaching Company about argumentation and rhetoric.

I just learnt an important concept of 'stasis,' in law or public debate. It defines as to what is the essence of the debate or what is precisely the issue at hand. Google this term.

The debate here is not whether I am an apostate in the eyes of some of the Muslims or you are an agnostic or not or for that matter whether a dead body is wrapped in a shroud or sometimes some one in a coma could be given that honor, the point is what would DNA analysis do.

Would we be able to read DNA from the blood stains on the shroud or the bones to be exhumed and if such analysis is possible would it be complete vindication of what I have preached here or not?

That is the question and the theme of this thread please. We have discussed other issues in some of the other threads and can make new ones for those.

Thanks for indulging me to formulate the question, in this thread!

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
07-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Ahmadi,

You're on very shaky ground here. The Shroud of Turin is almost certainly a fake, no one has ever given any sort of evidence that it was Christ's. It's like the image of Mary that appears on grilled cheese.

Holy Blood, Holy Grail has been thoroughly and completely debunked. The book was used as the basis of the Da Vinci code, which is one of the worst examples of an author simply not caring and not doing any research whatsoever (Dan Brown is legendary for being wrong. Every one of his novels has this problem.)

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
07-05-2010, 01:49 PM
(07-05-2010 12:57 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Ahmadi,

You're on very shaky ground here. The Shroud of Turin is almost certainly a fake, no one has ever given any sort of evidence that it was Christ's. It's like the image of Mary that appears on grilled cheese.

Holy Blood, Holy Grail has been thoroughly and completely debunked. The book was used as the basis of the Da Vinci code, which is one of the worst examples of an author simply not caring and not doing any research whatsoever (Dan Brown is legendary for being wrong. Every one of his novels has this problem.)
the holy grail...is...your own personal heaven , what ever makes you happy .
07-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Exhumation can be fairly pain free. This is the news I just read:

REYKJAVIK, Iceland — Authorities in Iceland have exhumed the body of American chess champion Bobby Fischer to determine whether he is the father of a 9-year-old girl from the Philippines.

Police district commissioner Olafur Helgi Kjartansson said Fischer's corpse was dug up from a cemetery near Selfoss in southern Iceland early Monday in the presence of a doctor, a priest and other officials.

Kjartansson said the exhumation "was done in a professional and dignified way and according to law. The privacy of the deceased was protected at all times."

He said Fischer was reburied after DNA samples were taken.

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr/..._paternity

07-06-2010, 08:27 AM
(07-05-2010 12:57 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Ahmadi,

Dan Brown's book is a fiction novel (i.e. a made-up story). What difference does it make whether or not Holy Blood, Holy Grail was debunked? Brown's book was never intended to prove or support anyone else's story. It simply weaves in bits and pieces of other stories (true or not). What could possibly be proven (or disproven) from a book of fiction?
07-06-2010, 01:17 PM
(07-06-2010 08:27 AM)digipixel Wrote:  Dan Brown's book is a fiction novel (i.e. a made-up story). What difference does it make whether or not Holy Blood, Holy Grail was debunked? Brown's book was never intended to prove or support anyone else's story. It simply weaves in bits and pieces of other stories (true or not). What could possibly be proven (or disproven) from a book of fiction?

I never said it was. Dan Brown is somewhat guilty of exploiting the fervor by claiming his book is "based on" fact many times (though he backed off from that once fact checkers started getting to him,) but that's just PR and publicity.

Still, there are a surprising lot of people who are like, "AHA! See, that's the death knell for those darn Christians! Jesus was married! Because somehow that invalidates scripture!" Those people need to learn that the "facts" that Dan Brown's book was supposedly based on were, in fact, all debunked. While there's some (small) possibility that the myth of the sangreal did come about due to the belief that Jesus had children, that only deals with the myth. There is no real sangreal, either as a holy grail chalice or as a bloodline in France.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
07-09-2010, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2010 12:16 PM by Raphael.)
(07-05-2010 09:06 AM)Ahmadi Wrote:  Holy Blood, Holy Grail Illustrated Edition: The Secret History of Jesus, the Shocking Legacy of the Grail by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, and Henry Lincoln (Hardcover - Oct. 25, 2005)

The Jesus Scroll by Donovan Joyce (Paperback - Oct. 1, 1974)

Here we have yet another BS thread based on laughable sources.
duh
want to see mine that put yours to shame?

shame on ewe, U and YOU dude for trying to fool me more than once with your posted nonsense?
how do you folks arrive at such contrived conclusions, based on fiction like the bible itself, the BS contained in the holy blood holy grail and dan brown fiction?

So this thread is about a fake shroud, and the bible babble nonsense which is followed by Da Vinci code nonsense?

nonsense + nonsense + more nonsense = ?

A SHROUD THAT IS CLEARLY BEING USED TO VEIL THE TRUTH.
I suggest we call it for what it is.
A VEIL that shrouds the TRUTH.
At best the shroud was the work of an alchemist?
Like........?

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
07-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Raphael does not get the point and venting his frustration for no good reason.

I am giving a scientific proposal, analysing DNA from two sources, the shroud and the shrine in Kashmir. If DNA matches it will be a very dramatic confirmation of some theories. If it does not match then at least one of the two claims is clearly false.

Plain and simple!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Claims of Chris Kline HongXiuquan 268 26,716 07-31-2015 11:57 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  The Claims of Kaboo and Taylor University HongXiuquan 5 687 07-12-2015 04:34 AM
Last Post: HongXiuquan
  1500 years old Bible claims that Jesus was not God KAYSER 53 4,054 06-06-2014 02:22 AM
Last Post: usmanishaquecdz
  Deism, the code, the cure. TheCodeDeism 10 1,502 03-23-2012 06:40 PM
Last Post: Elgonzero
  Refute the claims of Judaism in Jerusalem vonason 11 1,852 06-12-2011 09:06 AM
Last Post: biomystic
  God,s sings in DNA (islam) abd allah 1 543 01-11-2010 06:11 PM
Last Post: GTseng3
  The Code of the Holy Cross Jesusdpm 1 599 05-08-2009 11:30 PM
Last Post: sympathy07

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)