Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How we can pray to God ?
11-05-2017, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 06:25 PM by Imprecise Interrupt.)
RE: How we can pray to God ?
(11-05-2017 05:59 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
(11-05-2017 05:30 PM)Herminator Wrote:  Basically you are thus calling your own statements "nonsense", which I can agree with! Wink

yeah, yeah
Almighty God's plans were to create the universe. He created mankind and gave us free-will. He does not plan our lives per se, but He is able to inspire us or blind us. Our consciences are complex.

I suppose you know all about omniscience. Perhaps you are omniscient yourself Wink

I knew you were going to say that!

Oh wait, we're not supposed to do any more Monty Python skits. Sad

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2017, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 09:45 PM by Amememhab.)
(11-05-2017 05:59 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  Almighty God's plans were to create the universe. He created mankind and gave us free-will. He does not plan our lives per se...I suppose you know all about omniscience.

(11-05-2017 06:24 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  Oh wait, we're not supposed to do any more Monty Python skits. Sad

Yes, sir! “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1). I explored the difficulties of omniscience in a previous post on Newcomb’s Paradox; please see

RE: Faith is as a mountain...
http://www.religionforums.org/Thread-Fai...#pid299281

Hence, while I see God as “polyscient,” knowing everything which can be known, and sovereign over his own mind, able to choose what he knows and what he’s ignorant of at a given point in time, I’m not sure true omniscience is possible. It’s a Thomastic attribute for God, dating the 13th century Italy, with roots back to St. Augustine. But we have better information now. We also endure no more Spanish Inquisition enforcing Aristotelean orthodoxies and church dogma.

God perhaps knows the outcomes in our lives, being past, present, and future all at once, yet without planning or forcing our life courses in any way. He planned mainly the end state, the defeat of sin and its wages by Jesus Christ, the final downfall of Satan and his beast, for his kingdom a new heaven and a new Earth (Isaiah 65:17, Revelation 21:1). Death and Hades will be gone. What a hope that is!
~ Smile
11-05-2017, 11:57 PM
(11-05-2017 03:45 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
(11-05-2017 05:30 PM)Herminator Wrote:  
(11-05-2017 03:45 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
(11-05-2017 02:19 PM)Herminator Wrote:  ...
Asking God to forget about his grand "predestined" scheme for humanity, and start helping an individual, is very much asking for micromanagement. It also demonstrates that God's predestined scheme apparently was flawed, because it needs adjustment.

What utter nonsense .. please put 'brain in gear' before writing Smile
What is this 'predestined scheme' that you mention?

The one you keep telling us about, about how God has planned and knows everything that will ever happen.

Basically you are thus calling your own statements "nonsense", which I can agree with! Wink

yeah, yeah
Almighty God's plans were to create the universe. He created mankind and gave us free-will. He does not plan our lives per se, but He is able to inspire us or blind us. Our consciences are complex.

I suppose you know all about omniscience. Perhaps you are omniscient yourself Wink

If I was, the last thing I wanted to do is having to micromanage all individuals in the universe - guess I would strike down any moron that was praying to me Smile

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dont Pray to Jesus, Pray to God, The One and Only Creator who created you and Him Hazrat 26 3,559 04-22-2013 08:34 PM
Last Post: Azrael17
  Dont Pray to Jesus, Pray to God, The One and Only Creator who created you and Him Hazrat 0 332 03-10-2013 07:05 PM
Last Post: Hazrat

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)