Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Howdy
08-07-2013, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 08:44 AM by Visqueen.)
Howdy
Well, I surf the web looking for great debates, ways to engage with fellow believers. Wow, mind you of my surprise coming into this forum. The name is so misleading, amongst atheistic leanings I'm not so impressed.

But anyways, thought that I'd introduce myself. I go by Shimei,
I am Christian, pretty reserved and comfortable about my faith and enjoy intelligent discussion amongst intelligent people - tis why I am Christian. I recently began studying a fellow named John Calvin, from which I now have a certain leaning.

Anyways hope to see you around.

*edit link removed, please review the rules on linking
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: Howdy
Welcome I hope you post a lot and stay, we need more people.

I am a Christian but I am not a mainstream one you can find my beliefs on my blog on this cite.

We also have a few other Christians, Alison and Shiver for example.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2013, 09:19 PM
(08-07-2013 04:08 AM)Shimei Wrote:  Well, I surf the web looking for great debates, ways to engage with fellow believers. Wow, mind you of my surprise coming into this forum. The name is so misleading, amongst atheistic leanings I'm not so impressed.

But anyways, thought that I'd introduce myself. I go by Shimei,
I am Christian, pretty reserved and comfortable about my faith and enjoy intelligent discussion amongst intelligent people - tis why I am Christian. I recently began studying a fellow named John Calvin, from which I now have a certain leaning.

Anyways hope to see you around.

*edit link removed, please review the rules on linking

Welcome to the boards.

I agree the moderation here can be a bit over the top but I understand where they're coming from. Many other sites I've lurked/posted on about religion tend to get overrun with things like bots/robospammers as well as frequently posted redundant topics. I can see where they are coming from.
08-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Welcome. You may find that some of us whom you believe to be atheists, are not at all, yet we come from different theological perspectives and so may not agree on many a thing.

Still fruitful discussions abound, so I hope you find your time spent posting here worthwhile.

We are lightning, straying from the thunder; miracles of ancient wonder.
08-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the welcome!
08-08-2013, 06:09 AM
(08-07-2013 04:08 AM)Shimei Wrote:  Wow, mind you of my surprise coming into this forum. The name is so misleading, amongst atheistic leanings I'm not so impressed.

Religion forum, not Religious forum. Atheists have a place discussing religion, whether you like that or not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Howdy! Mufasa 4 514 04-06-2014 12:46 PM
Last Post: KAYSER
  Howdy aka[DoW] 0 269 10-19-2013 10:54 PM
Last Post: aka[DoW]
Wink Howdy all! SilverLioness 12 1,615 09-28-2011 11:21 AM
Last Post: Alison2
Wink Howdy Zoe Doidge 4 963 07-03-2011 08:02 PM
Last Post: Zoe Doidge
  Howdy Y' all Esther 4 860 07-28-2010 09:25 AM
Last Post: may
  Howdy y'all! malleus 5 852 05-27-2010 09:57 AM
Last Post: azurescen
  Hi, Howdy, and Nice To Meet Ya Baedon 4 1,076 05-17-2010 04:41 AM
Last Post: may

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)