Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Humans are born believing in God
Yesterday, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 09:18 PM by PeterPants.)
RE: Humans are born believing in God
Sue Wrote:Herm -- that's Exactly what you're 'arguing' -- God's existence or not -- because God's existence is in the spiritual realm of existence. And you don't believe that That realm exists. And Any kind of discussion that would point To God's existence would be nonsensical to you.

absolutely not Sue, you can easily make a valid case for a God, by providing any evidence.
If god exists, and has any effect on the world, then we can measure it. If he speaks to you, then there must be some physical sign of that conversation in your brain.
Either god exists and evidence exists somewhere, or there is no evidence and god does not exist.

~~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 09:32 PM
God Does exist and there is evidence.

If God didn't exist -- we wouldn't either - nor would this world. Look at John 1:3 or so. And, of course Genesis 1and2.
Yesterday, 09:34 PM
show me the evidence..

the universe existing is NOT evidence of a God, because a God does not explain the universe, it just passes the buck, why is there a god?
try again. Tongue

~~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" and then He created Adam and then Eve.

John 1:1-3 "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God -- All things were made through Him and without Him nothing was made that was made."

And I already know that you don't take any of that seriously, but I'm sharing it Anyway. Smile
Yesterday, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 10:10 PM by PeterPants.)
Ive read your book Sue, a number of times.
It is of course just a book.

I respond with the Quran, The heifer;

"1. Alif, Lam, Meem.

2. This is the Book in which there is no doubt, a guide for the righteous.

3. Those who believe in the unseen, and perform the prayers, and give from what We have provided for them.

4. And those who believe in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed before you, and are certain of the Hereafter.

5. These are upon guidance from their Lord. These are the successful.

6. As for those who disbelieve—it is the same for them, whether you have warned them, or have not warned them—they do not believe.

7. God has set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. They will have a severe torment."

"29. It is He who created for you everything on earth, then turned to the heaven, and made them seven heavens. And He is aware of all things."

yeah... so there.

~~~

Yesterday, 10:19 PM
@ P.P. --- 'yeah..... so there' yourself. Smile
Yesterday, 11:14 PM
(Yesterday 09:13 PM)Sue D. Wrote:  Herm -- that's Exactly what you're 'arguing' -- God's existence or not -- because God's existence is in the spiritual realm of existence.

"The spiritual realm of existence" is something you made up - there is no evidence it exists.

Where you want to place God is up to you, whether it's this "realm" or in the heaven or wherever.

So, let's first try to establish whether this "realm" exists.

(Yesterday 10:19 PM)Sue D. Wrote:  @ P.P. --- 'yeah..... so there' yourself. Smile

Another childish non-reply to someone making a point.

Sue, if your book is "evidence" for the existence of God, than so is the Quran "evidence" for the existence of Allah, and are all other holy books "evidence" for the existence of other gods.

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
Today, 07:45 AM
Herm -- actually you Do have a good point -- all the holy books Are evidence of the existence of 'gods' being worshipped. And That is evidence that such a 'realm' Does exist. It's Also true that the Quran and The Bible are two distinctly different sacred Scriptures. So - in Your perspective, neither of those sacred texts would be valid. And the one says in John 14:6 "I am the way, the Truth and the Life, no man comes to the Father but by Me." That is Jesus Christ speaking -- the Son of God. And the two texts present opposing views of God and one of them suggests to kill the infidels -- those who don't worship Allah. And the Bible tells us that God so loved the world that He gave.... to save us. We are to share the Gospel of salvation to anyone / everyone who Willingly listens. We are Not to force our beliefs on anyone and certainly Not kill those who reject. And those who Do are being disobedient To God's Word.

There Are other belief systems that use the KJV as a base and their leaders write additional books to supplement. Which mean that they also believe in the supernatural 'realm'.

As my comment indicated -- P.P. was the one who ended his post 'yeah..... so there' -- he was making a childish comment and I was doing a 'back at ya' comment. So Your interpretation was that I was the one being childish and He was the one making a valid point.
Today, 08:16 AM
(Today 07:45 AM)Sue D. Wrote:  Herm -- actually you Do have a good point -- all the holy books Are evidence of the existence of 'gods' being worshipped.

Exactly - so your "god" is not the only god - there's an estimated 300 "gods" out there, all based on equally valid holy books!

(Today 07:45 AM)Sue D. Wrote:  And That is evidence that such a 'realm' Does exist.

No it's not - a book can by itself never be evidence of anything - it needs external confirmation.

(Today 07:45 AM)Sue D. Wrote:  It's Also true that the Quran and The Bible are two distinctly different sacred Scriptures. So - in Your perspective, neither of those sacred texts would be valid.

See above - not unless they are validated externally.

(Today 07:45 AM)Sue D. Wrote:  As my comment indicated -- P.P. was the one who ended his post 'yeah..... so there' --

Indeed, he ended his summation of Quran texts with "so there" - meaning it was evidence of more than one belief system existing based on holy books - since you had pretended to provide evidence by presenting some Bible quotes.

(Today 07:45 AM)Sue D. Wrote:  he was making a childish comment and I was doing a 'back at ya' comment.

He presented evidence - you provided a childish "back at ya" comment. Big difference.

(Today 07:45 AM)Sue D. Wrote:  So Your interpretation was that I was the one being childish and He was the one making a valid point.

Correct, but it's not "my interpretation"; anybody who can read has seen what happened. Peter presented evidence, finishing off with "so there" (could also have been "so here you are", or "here you go", or anything else). Instead of reacting to his evidence, all you did was a childish "back at ya" comment.

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
Today, 09:03 AM
(Today 07:45 AM)Sue D. Wrote:  
all the holy books Are evidence of the existence of 'gods' being worshipped. And That is evidence that such a 'realm' Does exist. It's Also true that the Quran and The Bible are two distinctly different sacred Scriptures.

It is worth noting here that Islam teaches that the god of the Qu'ran and the Bible are one and the same. Christians of course take umbrage at this appropriation...

Quote:Jesus Christ speaking -- the Son of God.

Other views, it hardly needs to be said are available as to the exact status of your Christ, ranging from being just a minor prophet to Him being God on earth.

Nothing comes from nothing, cowboy. - Tex Nihilo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why do humans believe in God/gods? Zagreus 24 3,369 02-25-2010 04:57 PM
Last Post: MerryAtheist

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)