Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am very astonished...Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was a muslim!!
09-25-2009, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2009 04:04 AM by sesame.)
I am very astonished...Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was a muslim!!
I was studyin German language before, I was very interested in Johan Wolgang von Goeth, this greatest figure of german literature. I was readin a lot of his texts and poems, and I alway had an unusual impression from him, while readin his writin, my mind tilts to think about islam and some crazy possibilities of Goethe a muslim.
I used to attend some german courses in international goethe institut
but today I was very astonished at this finding, it is known that Goethe had a great interest in Arab World,
but I have just found out and confirmed that he was a muslim in his days, that is really so mysterious and strange…and the other hand he was very displeased and often denounced christianity at his time.
I am actually watching documentaries on youtube proving that he embraced Islam, Goethe war ein Muslim !
[url= http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...ype=&aq=f] http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...type=&aq=f[/url]
[Image: Goethe_Stieler_1828_Zitat.jpg]
Still today we have the handwritten manuscripts of his first intensive Qur'an-studies of 1771/1772 and the later ones in the Goethe and Schiller-Archive in Weimar. Goethe read the German translation of Qur'an by J. v. Hammer (possibly as well from the more prosaic English translation of G. Sale) out loud in front of members of the Duke's family in Weimar and their guests. Being witnesses Schiller and his wife reported about the reading. (Schiller's letter to Knebel, 22.2.1815) Goethe always felt the shortcomings of all the translations (Latin, English, German and French) and was constantly looking for new translations. In his "Divan" Goethe says:

"Whether the Koran is of eternity?
I don't question that!...
That it is the book of books
I believe out of the muslim's duty."

"Ob der Koran von Ewigkeit sei?
Darnach frag' ich nicht ! ...
Da_ er das Buch der B|cher sei
Glaub' ich aus Mosleminen Pflicht"
(WA I, 6, 203)

He studied Arabic handbooks, grammars, travel-books, poetry, anthologies, books on the sira of the Prophet Muhammad – may Allah bless him and give him peace! – and had a widespread exchange with oriental scholars about these matters. Goethe liked the German translation of Hafis' "Diwan" by Hammer (May 1814) and studied the different translations of Qur'an of his time. All of this inspired him to write his own "West-stlicher Divan" and of course many poems of the "Divan" are clearly inspired by and relate to different Ayats of Qur'an (see Mommsen, p. 269-274).

Goethe bought original Arabic manuscripts of Rumi, Dschami, Hafis, Saadi, Attar, Qur'an-Tafsir, Du'as, an Arabic-Turkish dictionary, texts on matters like the freeing of slaves, buying and selling, interest, usury and Arabian scripts from Sultan Selim.

Goethe considered it not to be a mere accident but rather as meaningful incidents, in fact as part of his decree and signs of Allah, when in Autumn 1813 he was brought an old Arabic handwritten manuscript from Spain by a German soldier coming from Spain which contained the last Surat An-Nas (114). Later Goethe tried to copy it himself with the help of the professors in Jena who had helped him in finding out the manuscript's content in January 1814 he visited a prayer of Bashkir Muslims from the Russian army of Zar Alexander in the protestant gymnasium of Weimar.

See the letter to Trebra, 5.1.1814 (WA IV, 24, 91) where he says: "Speaking of prophecies, I have to tell you that there are things happening these days, which they would not have allowed a prophet to say. Who would have been allowed some years ago to say that there would be held a mahommedan divine service and the Suras of Koran would be murmured in the auditorium of our protestant gymnasium and yet it happened and we attended the Bashkir service, saw their Mulla and welcomed their Prince in the theatre. Out of special favour I was presented with a bow and arrows which for eternal memory I will hang above my chimney as soon as God has decreed a lucky return for them."

In a letter to his son August from the 17.1.1814 (WA IV, 24, 110) he adds: "Several religious ladies of us have asked for the translation of the Coran from the library." Goethe's positive attitude towards Islam goes far beyond anyone in Germany before: He published on 24.2.1816: "The poet [Goethe]... does not refuse the suspicion that he himself is a Muslim." (WA I, 41, 86) In another poem of the "Divan" Goethe says:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2009, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2009 07:57 AM by Raphael.)
RE: I am very astonished...Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was a muslim!!
(09-25-2009 04:00 AM)sesame Wrote:  I was studyin German language before, I was very interested in Johan Wolgang von Goeth, this greatest figure of german literature.

christians should realize there is scripted BS called HIS-story...a bias written by the victors, stealing ideas and accomplishments and distorting the truth.

and then there is the HER-story to consider...you know those 10's of thousands of years in the 'cave' that bible thumpers 'forget' about...preferring to pick up on HIS-story around 4000 BC...

what a sham.
let's just say I am NOT surprised...there are more truths on the horrorizion.

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
09-25-2009, 09:12 AM
RE: I am very astonished...Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was a muslim!!
I TOUCH FROM UR DRUNKEN WORDS THAT U OWN NOTHING TO SAY!!!!!! BUT CHILD-STORY Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jesus said the word "Muslim" in Luke 6:40, and told others to be a Muslim Isa 72 18,476 03-06-2017 11:39 PM
Last Post: Gomerozdubar

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)