Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I believe.
08-04-2011, 02:05 PM
I believe.
Having just wrestled through the 'religion and logic' thread (phew) I ended with the feeling that my beliefs are not very visible on this forum. This is of course my own fault, I am not that frequent a poster, and belong to a group of small minorities. But I would like a religions of the world section for tantric mysticism. Is that possible?

It is debatable whether this fits in the religions of the world category, but I guess if Atheism and Humanism are there it might as well be.

Osho: "Enlightenment means being fully conscious, aware. Ordinarily we are not conscious and not aware. We are doing things either out of habit or out of biological instinct".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2011, 03:20 PM
RE: I believe.
If memory serves ,isnt tantric mysticism kind of a cross between Buddhism and Kabbalah?
08-04-2011, 07:55 PM
(08-04-2011 02:05 PM)For the love of god Wrote:  Having just wrestled through the 'religion and logic' thread (phew) I ended with the feeling that my beliefs are not very visible on this forum. This is of course my own fault, I am not that frequent a poster, and belong to a group of small minorities. But I would like a religions of the world section for tantric mysticism. Is that possible?

It is debatable whether this fits in the religions of the world category, but I guess if Atheism and Humanism are there it might as well be.

Atheiumanism?

"Although we are puny and insignificant on the scale of the cosmos, this makes us in a sense the lords of creation." -- Stephen Hawking --
08-04-2011, 09:15 PM
It's not good enough just to believe. You must be faithful.

"Here is my servant who I uphold my chosen one with whom I am pleased, he will proclaim justice to the nations".

"Faithfulness has disappeared, the word of God is gone from there speech".

"The Lord God does nothing without revealing it to His servants the prophets".

"Open up the gates to let in a nation that is just, one that keeps faith."

"The just man's mouth is a fountain of life".

"My words are life to those who find them to man's whole being they are health".

When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will realize that I AM, and that I do nothing on my own, but I say only what the Lord has taught me. For the one who sent me is with me. He has not deserted me, because I always do what pleases him.

I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the Lord except through me.

I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst.
Everything that the Lord gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me,
because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me.

My teaching is not my own it comes from the one who sent me.
Whoever chooses to do his will shall know about this teaching whether it comes from God or whether I‘m speaking on my own.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory, but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful, and there is no dishonesty in his heart.

The Lords word is truth.
08-04-2011, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2011 12:28 AM by For the love of god.)
(08-04-2011 03:20 PM)Yefet Wrote:  If memory serves ,isnt tantric mysticism kind of a cross between Buddhism and Kabbalah?
There are a lot of links, but in my opinion it is a different set of beliefs. It takes from Buddhism the idea of enlightenment, it is similar to the Kabalah (for as far as I understand the Kabalah) in that it is about an inner journey
towards more awareness, happiness and understanding.

(08-04-2011 09:15 PM)Prince Wrote:  It's not good enough just to believe. You must be faithful.

"Here is my servant who I uphold my chosen one with whom I am pleased, he will proclaim justice to the nations".

"Faithfulness has disappeared, the word of God is gone from there speech".

"The Lord God does nothing without revealing it to His servants the prophets".

"Open up the gates to let in a nation that is just, one that keeps faith."

"The just man's mouth is a fountain of life".

"My words are life to those who find them to man's whole being they are health".

When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will realize that I AM, and that I do nothing on my own, but I say only what the Lord has taught me. For the one who sent me is with me. He has not deserted me, because I always do what pleases him.

I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the Lord except through me.

I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst.
Everything that the Lord gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me,
because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me.

My teaching is not my own it comes from the one who sent me.
Whoever chooses to do his will shall know about this teaching whether it comes from God or whether I‘m speaking on my own.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory, but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful, and there is no dishonesty in his heart.

The Lords word is truth.
I take this as a note of approval Smile

Osho: "Enlightenment means being fully conscious, aware. Ordinarily we are not conscious and not aware. We are doing things either out of habit or out of biological instinct".
08-05-2011, 12:59 AM
(08-04-2011 07:55 PM)MRlogic Wrote:  
(08-04-2011 02:05 PM)For the love of god Wrote:  Having just wrestled through the 'religion and logic' thread (phew) I ended with the feeling that my beliefs are not very visible on this forum. This is of course my own fault, I am not that frequent a poster, and belong to a group of small minorities. But I would like a religions of the world section for tantric mysticism. Is that possible?

Atheiumanism?
I am not sure if you are trying to make some point here, if you are I do not get it.

08-05-2011, 01:10 AM
prince Wrote:It's not good enough just to believe. You must be faithful.
Good dog, faithful hound, good boy, get the stick, good boy...............................oh you meant something else?

????????????????

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)