Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I has quesiton.
08-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I has quesiton.
What do you label a person that has no religion?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2009, 01:12 PM
RE: I has quesiton.
(08-04-2009 01:03 PM)Lucifer Wrote:  What do you label a person that has no religion?

Irreligious
08-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I would think it would depend on whether or not you believe in God, a god, no god or the Flying Spaghetti Monster thing. Do you have a belief?

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
08-04-2009, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2009 01:36 PM by Lucifer.)
I do.
I believe in... God, Angels, Satan, Demons, Monsters, Dinosaurs, Fairies, and many other creatures.
Heaven & Hell.
so yeah..

Now, if you ask who i worship,
That's something else..
08-04-2009, 02:36 PM
So, what do you label a person with no religion, Lucifer?

And while I'm at it, out of curiosity, whom do you worship? I don't want to assume anything by your username Smile

08-04-2009, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2009 03:08 PM by Lucifer.)
Nothing, just classify them as "No Religion"
Does there have to be a label for everything? :/

Oh, aha. My username i use a lot because the name is ineffable, beautiful.
Such a shame that people look down upon it :/

I don't really worship anyone... There is no point to worshiping imo.
Nor, the book, or religion.

I just hope that when ''judgment day'' comes god can be all understanding with me.
Is that a bad thing?
08-04-2009, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2009 03:34 PM by Alison.)
In today's world, apparently there is a great need for labeling things, people, ideas, etc.

Lucifer is most often portrayed as pointy-eared, forked tongued and barb tailed, but he was actually fantastically beautiful. He is referred to as the morning sun, the carrier of light, in the bible.

If you ponder judgement day, you must subscribe to some sort of philosophy. Otherwise, you wouldn't be concerned with what God will do?

08-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Practically, you call it atheist, for while you may believe such things exist, you practice no following of it, or it does not matter. While technically atheism means a lack of belief in a deity, the way someone who may believe in a deity, but practices no faith behaves, and the way a dictionary-definition atheist behaves is more or less identical.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
08-04-2009, 04:08 PM
I suppose I always thought that atheism was no belief in anything (deity-wise) and agnosticism was a belief in something (a god, power, deity, but not Big G, God). So with Lucifer's description of the things he believes in, I was leaning towards agnosticism. However, the label issue is what made me ask.

No religion, though, doesn't necessarily mean no faith.

08-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Agnosticism vs. atheism is always subject for debate. Those of us who label ourselves atheists see agnosticism as a more or less religious belief that we cannot ever know. In other words, there is something inherently unknowable about the state of god that will always remain inherently unknowable.

Many who label themselves agnostic, on the other hand, claim agnosticism is just an acknowledgment that we do not know. As such, the only atheists who are actually atheists are the ones who are religiously atheist, which of course is contradictory.

I prefer only using the term "agnostic" for someone who is religiously agnostic.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)