Poll: Do you believe soul?
Yes
kind of
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I met my son before he was born
08-01-2013, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 10:36 AM by Yefet.)
I met my son before he was born
How many people believe soul, pre-life and after-life?

I was an complete atheist before. Born in China, I learnt from the very beginning was Communism, atheism. Anyone mentioned soul and ghost to me, I just treated them as stories and jokes.

I changed my mind completely until a special event happened in my life. My son's soul came to see me in an early morning! I met my son before he was born.

This was my real experience, not a dream. Most people had lots of dreams. But the feeling of a dream is totally different from meeting a soul in real life. This is just like the difference between "I dreamed I had a good meal" and "I actually had a good meal". In reality, you stomach is full. That is the difference! It is so special that I could not stop writing a small ebook "I met my son before he was born" (deleted) to describe this short segment of my real life.

Now I would deny anyone if s/he tells me there is no soul! Soul does exist, independent of human body. It exists before human is born; lives with human body when one is alive; still exists after human dies. Death means the soul leaves the body.

Soul is just like software of a computer, human body is like hardware of a computer. The system starts to work in the human's world when the soul combined with body. When the soul is out of body, the body becomes corpse.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 12:48 AM by Yefet.)
RE: I met my son before he was born
Welcome to the Forum Cloud
Please be careful bringing up your book or more important where they can buy it.
we do not allow any type of advertising as the owner offers ad space for sale anything else is spam
I will leave the title for now, but not the where you can buy it, as we have many authors that have become regular posters but any further mention it will be deleted
Hope you enjoy your stay
08-01-2013, 03:52 PM
I believe in the conscious pre-existence of the spirit, and my religion teaches it as truth. So I agree with your conclusions about the spirit (:

"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -Justin Martyr
08-02-2013, 12:32 AM
I'm afraid a random anecdote on the internet is not convincing for me. I'm very sceptical with the idea of a concious "soul" separate from the physical brain. Rather, I see the possibility of an afterlife as only really possible with the intervention of some higher power.

In other words, I can picture a soul, I just don't see it as a "thing" at exists within "you" so to speak.

But, who knows, I could be wrong.
08-02-2013, 12:48 AM
I believe in spirits both clean and unclean.
Angels, Fallen Angels,
Reincarnation,
Souls, Ghosts, and a divine presence.
I also believe I've been incarnated several times.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
08-02-2013, 06:32 PM
I do not believe in souls, or ghosts, but I do believe that people can have experiences, that could make them believe in them.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
08-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Interesting topic...

Regarding the comment above by cloud:

"Now I would deny anyone if s/he tells me there is no soul! Soul does exist, independent of human body. It exists before human is born; lives with human body when one is alive; still exists after human dies. Death means the soul leaves the body."

Baha'is accept the existence of the soul and that it is "associated" with the body..not part of it.

"The temple of man is like unto a mirror, his soul is as the sun, and his mental faculties even as the rays that emanate from that source of light."

~ Abdu'l-Baha

As to the soul pre-existing ... We believe the soul emanates from the spiritual world.

I believe personal experiences with other souls not associate with a body is possible.. but it could also be used to defraud people as in mediumship ...

"All religions, arts, and sciences are branches of the same tree."
08-03-2013, 11:47 AM
I am an Atheist and to quote myself from my calling all Atheists thread I wrote "I think they can possible exist in the way of memories and if it does turn out there is an afterlife I think this is way more likely than hell."

To be honest it is impossible to prove or disprove with our current science but unlike god many people have had spiritual/ghostly encounters. I am not saying for one second that none of them could have a logical explanation or that science wont find the answer eventually bit for now at least this is what I think.
08-03-2013, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 01:26 PM by Yefet.)
This reminds me another thread, but everything we know about science is based on the limited amount of knowledge that we are able to sense. Even technology that we develop today to measure things is nothing more than an enhancement of our senses and our senses only
we don't know what is outside of us or how many layers or levels exist only what we can register within us in our little computer or brain
Who's to say that something exists on a different level or wave length,plain, whatever you want to call it, say something like what we would call a ghost or soul that exists on a different plain, there may be many things that can somehow bounce or come to a level that we could not see or feel with our limited senses, but yet sometimes, for brief moments we are able to capture it, I think we are to quick to just simply say if it does not register with my five senses then it dosent exist. Things are found all the time that we didn't know existed because of our limited senses and current knowledge of them
08-03-2013, 01:59 PM
(08-03-2013 01:24 PM)Yefet Wrote:  This reminds me another thread, but everything we know about science is based on the limited amount of knowledge that we are able to sense. Even technology that we develop today to measure things is nothing more than an enhancement of our senses and our senses only
we don't know what is outside of us or how many layers or levels exist only what we can register within us in our little computer or brain
Who's to say that something exists on a different level or wave length,plain, whatever you want to call it, say something like what we would call a ghost or soul that exists on a different plain, there may be many things that can somehow bounce or come to a level that we could not see or feel with our limited senses, but yet sometimes, for brief moments we are able to capture it, I think we are to quick to just simply say if it does not register with my five senses then it dosent exist. Things are found all the time that we didn't know existed because of our limited senses and current knowledge of them

I have a theory to which I can provide no proof,
that Consciousness is a form of energy and when we die this energy merely changes form into some thing else and is connected to a different "layer" of existence. Therefor: I believe that souls are Consciousness with out a Corporeal form.
I think all the unexplained things which happen have a natural cause which we do not understand, and that even "souls" are a natural part of this universe. I do not like the term super natural as it implies their is some thing beyond nature. I think every thing was created by god so all things even what we can't explain is naturally a part of our universe.
My theory goes further that if Consciousness/Souls are energy then that is how they react with us, by influencing our perception in some manner.
Of course all the above is belief mixed with speculation.

“We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen and We respect with every fiber of our being that which cannot be explained.” - Tite Kubo

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Repentance and Sin No More, Perfection and Born of the Spirit cgaviria 7 187 07-27-2017 10:08 AM
Last Post: Caesar Saladin
  Repentance and Sin No More, Perfection and Born of the Spirit cgaviria 2 122 06-26-2017 04:33 PM
Last Post: Alexa
  psychic truths---World Beware Satan has been born **George** sewyatt 19 1,313 08-31-2015 04:34 PM
Last Post: Caesar Saladin
  "Born Again" Christians Cletus Jenkins 23 1,830 05-25-2014 05:10 AM
Last Post: Spiny Norman
  Are we all inherently born atheist? eggyolk 332 25,904 05-23-2014 06:51 PM
Last Post: Achrelos
  What if you met your god/deity in the flesh? Lucky-lokean 16 1,284 03-30-2014 07:36 AM
Last Post: aka[DoW]
  a nation born in a day smellycat 14 1,991 01-22-2014 03:47 PM
Last Post: Visqueen

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)