Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I saw a ghost last night...
07-04-2013, 01:27 AM
I saw a ghost last night...
I hope you guys can help me, don't know where else to turn to. Last night after my shower I got out, and while drying myself I saw it in the mirror, someone standing behind me.

I was shocked and I screamed thinking its a burglar.. then when I turned around he was gone. I checked the whole place and nothing.. all the doors were locked.. windows closed.

I live alone by myself and my family is back in Singapore. I don't know what to do..

IS there such a thing as ghosts? you people should know right? Can they come and haunt you? Coming from Singapore, I'm a pretty superstitious person because my parents are Buddhists. They believe in ghosts.. never though id see one in real life!

Ok I don't know about you but I'm pretty scared. Sorry, I'm shaking as Im typing this...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: I saw a ghost last night...
I do believe in what you could call "ghosts", that is, the spirits of the deceased...

But I personally believe that apparitions which do not cause comfort are for certain demons. That's just me.

So I believe you've met a demon, if you really did see an entity as you say.
07-04-2013, 02:58 AM
(07-04-2013 02:25 AM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  I do believe in what you could call "ghosts", that is, the spirits of the deceased...

But I personally believe that apparitions which do not cause comfort are for certain demons. That's just me.

So I believe you've met a demon, if you really did see an entity as you say.

Oh dear.. you are pulling my leg right? Isn't a demon worst that a ghost? Ahh.. don't scare me ok.

I don't know if I'll go home tonight. How do i get rid of it? are they scared of a bible?
07-04-2013, 05:41 AM
(07-04-2013 01:27 AM)budonkadonka Wrote:  I hope you guys can help me, don't know where else to turn to. Last night after my shower I got out, and while drying myself I saw it in the mirror, someone standing behind me.

I was shocked and I screamed thinking its a burglar.. then when I turned around he was gone. I checked the whole place and nothing.. all the doors were locked.. windows closed.

I live alone by myself and my family is back in Singapore. I don't know what to do..

I don't believe in ghosts but I do find this sort of thing interesting.

How long were you looking at the ghost for? Can you describe them clearly? Was the mirror clear after taking a shower - if so, what sort of extractor do you have? (I'm looking for a better one).

Our minds are prone to trying to see familiar images in random patterns. Hence why people look at clouds and rock formations and spot familiar shapes. I have a front door with mottled glass which to me looks like it has a repeating image of a thick veiny penis. Perhaps it is how my mind works, or maybe it is the penis of Jesus.

Just yesterday I was swimming in the ocean. I kept feeling as though there was someone/something next to me. I just got the faint impression of a dark blob. It could have been a seal or another swimmer or with enough paranoia I could have convinced myself it was a shark. Each time I stopped I looked round and couldn't see anything either above or below the water. It could have been a trick of the light on my slightly scratched goggles or it could have been a ghost shark. Either way I knew it could do me no harm and calmly kept on swimming.
07-04-2013, 08:10 AM
I guess it is time to set up the video recorders, get out the camera, and start some EVP sessions. Instead of just being scared, search out the answer to your own question.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
07-04-2013, 12:05 PM
It could just be Pareidolia. Have a little read and hopefully put your mind at ease a little.

For what its worth I do not believe in ghosts or demons.
07-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I think some spirits radiate stuff that makes people afraid sort of how spiders scare most people. I love spiders. So some spirits your afraid of pose no threat while there are ones that might. Usually they can't harm you but on a rare ocassion and I mean rare they can.

Any way neither good or bad spirits can enter into you unless you willingly let them in. If you open your self up to a spirit it might possess you so don't dable with things you don't understand.

I believe there are ways to ward off different kinds of spirits. And ways to attract them to you. Some people can comunicate with them while others can't .

It is my belief that words hold a spiritual power. If you know the name of a spirit it becomes easier to ward it off, therefore if you encounter an unwanted spirit ask its name if you can hear it. If a spirit asks your name never give it for it works both ways. Angelic spirits use music to comunicate but nothing like our music. Not all spirits who might scare you mean you harm while not all inviting spirits have good intentions. The devil for example comes in a pleasing form and will try to tempt you with your deepest desires often in exchange for a evil intention.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
07-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Whenever something like this occurs, one must ask oneself which is more likely:

Is it more likely that
a) A supernatural entity which violates the known laws of physics appeared to you
or
b) your senses were fooled?

No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should.
-Ann Druyan
07-04-2013, 03:03 PM
That kind of relates to what Legend and I were discussing in another thread, we only see the world as it relates to what is allowed in through or senses, we do not have anyway of knowing what is the reality outside of that
could be all kinds of things on different frequency's that our senses just do not pick up on
Like they say a dog lives through its nose and picks up things humans do not so his perception of the world is totally different than ours.
Maybe being fooled is nothing more than something bleeding over into a frequency that is detectable
07-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Thats why I say, research it. I have never seen anything that I have thought to be a ghost. I have felt things, that make me nervous, and have learned what can cause that, and have found that is exactly what happened. If you think you saw a ghost, then you should try to prove it, to yourself, if no one else. Should an event like this happen to me, I would have all sorts of recorders, video cameras, etc set up all over, where the event happened.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ghost Stories and other Fables EqualAtheist 44 4,632 08-04-2013 05:08 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
  Itikaf, The Night Of Qadar And The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan Manahel.Fatima 6 982 09-09-2011 03:42 AM
Last Post: DaniEl
  Last night of the world, what would you do? kevlar 40 4,046 10-22-2010 08:47 AM
Last Post: Zagreus
Question If you find yourself bored some night... jakesneak2324 1 479 08-07-2010 02:08 AM
Last Post: super.girl
  lesser light to govern the night. smellycat 1 846 11-28-2008 12:40 PM
Last Post: Messenger

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)