Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
I've done the Math - There's a 98.3% chance God doesn't exist
07-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I've done the Math - There's a 98.3% chance God doesn't exist
And I'm good with a calculator.

Since I was seven years old, I've considered a multiverse theory more probable than the other one. That an all powerful God allegedly just sat on his [censored] for eternity, doing jack nothing, didn't slide down my esophagus (which is slightly wider than average). You know, he could have at least used the time planning a debut project that wouldn't be effed up by a big bad angel. (I picture God lying down on a hammock, sipping vodka, and texting his secret girlfriend during this period). God had been alone all those years with no daddy or money; a simple orphan. Orphans are more prone to developing a severe attachment disorder. Perhaps that's why he became so spiteful.

FYI Try trying to comprehend the notion of infinite past existence. You'll begin to convulse and foam at the mouth after a few minutes.

Growing up in elementary school, I learned of many facts about our physical universe not contained in the bible. I thought, "If God didn't document all aspects of our reality, maybe he's created other things that aren't mentioned in the bible. This resurrected my multiverse theory. Because this possiblitity didn't encroach on the J.W doctrine, I considered it plausible. I then went on to acknowledge the possible existence of extra terestrial life forms, since i couldnt find any societal literture to refute it. I quickly embraced these ideas, proposing them to to people i met in the door to door ministry- much to the shugrin of my less open-minded colleagues (of whom were my 5 and 8 year old sisters).

Why do I bring this up? Because I'm slightly drunk. Seriously, though, I am. No. honestly, I'm completely hammered.

I hope these theories are true. I've always wanted to harvest alien life to satisfy my given whims. As James Lipton once put it, "It would be an awful waste of space, if we were the only ones here." He said this to Rosanne Barr who replied, "Waste of space? Wait till I get around to dieting." (this is made up)

After completely rejecting the bible to be a celestially inspired book of illiterate desert wanderers, I was happy to learn that my multi-universe theory was pretty popluar among scientists (and Hindus). I also learnt Hawkins theory of nothing. Then again, perhaps the earth is resting on the backs of a couple of invisible sasquatches after all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2009 11:39 AM by clarence clutterbuck.)
RE: I've done the Math - There's a 98.3% chance God doesn't exist
I agree with Mr Lipton about the universe being an enormous waste of space if we are the only ones here. I was watching a DVD yesterday of four episodes from the BBC series, The Planets that I acquired free one week with The Sunday Times, in which the narrator stated that there are as many stars in the universe as there are grains of sand on every beach in the world. I had a little stab at imagining this but soon gave up, realising that I haven't a clue how many beaches there are in the world, how many grains of sand are present on the average beach, or even how many grains there are in a typical handful.

I bet it's a lot though..
07-14-2009, 12:57 PM
The big problem is that biological evolution, while POSSIBLE, is staggeringly unlikely. I mean really, staggeringly unlikely. This is the primary fact creationists use in refuting evolution. But it's not IMPOSSIBLE. It's just unlikely.

We have a staggeringly large universe. Whether it's infinite or not, it is absolutely huge, and very likely there are countless other universes just like it. Because of this infinity, anything that is possible will eventually happen. It's the monkeys with typewriters idea. In fact, if you have a truly infinite number of monkeys, you will actually get an infinite number of copies of the complete works of Shakespeare.

But here's the thing - in between each of these complete copies will be a staggeringly large amount of gibberish.

So, are we alone? Likely not. Earth isn't unique. But it is rare. Exceptionally rare. So rare, that we will probably never contact alien life. If it exists in this universe at all, it is likely in an entirely different supercluster of galaxies, beyond any reasonable contact distance.

Of course, that's the fun thing about probability. That is the likely outcome, due to the staggeringly unlikely (but not impossible) situation of evolution. But, because we're dealing with random chance, it's possible, though even more staggeringly unlikely, that multiple cases of life sprung up in the same corner of the universe. After all, infinite possibilities.

So it's possible. But I would be very, very surprised.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
07-14-2009, 03:33 PM
(07-14-2009 09:48 AM)Kasbot Wrote:  And I'm good with a calculator.

Which probability distribution function did you use? Or perhaps a probability density function was more appropriate to your calculations?
07-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Kasbot -

I realize that being hammered is not exactly conducive to formal metaphysical demonstrations, but where was the part about God not existing that you promised? Are you assuming that a multi-verse negates the idea of a Creator? Quite the contrary…

The Catholic Encyclopedia, as good a source as any concerning the nature of God, tells us that “He is unlimited in every kind of perfection or that every conceivable perfection belongs to Him in the highest conceivable way.” If God could have created something – and he could being omnipotent – then it seems clear that he did. To do less than everything he could do would mean NOT being perfect in the highest conceivable way. So every possible universe must have been created.

So a multi-verse seems entirely compatible with the idea of a Creator God.

Your ball…
07-16-2009, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2009 09:15 AM by Raphael.)
(07-15-2009 03:53 PM)Parousia Wrote:  Kasbot -

I realize that being hammered is not exactly conducive to formal metaphysical demonstrations, but where was the part about God not existing that you promised? Are you assuming that a multi-verse negates the idea of a Creator? Quite the contrary…

So a multi-verse seems entirely compatible with the idea of a Creator God.

for those that love MATH and GEOMETRY and great ideas re:the Creator Alchemist go here:
Ever hear of Dan Winter?
http://goldenmean.info/whaledreamers/

hammered eh?
HEAD throbbing?

jesus was a carpenter who made much noise by sharing his thoughts with the crowd.

hephaistos was a lame ugly asymmetrical blacksmith among other things.
http://zero-point.tripod.com/pantheon/Hephaistos.html

And Pythagoras overheard a blacksmith, using 3 hammers of different weights to create three different sounds leading to his music theory?

SOUNDS to me that we are overlooking SOUND waves when discussing big BANGS?
The herd has not got much BANG for their bucks from NASA, run by Freemasons?

Because the Black and White Magicians (temple priests or freemasons) use LIGHT (alone) to create the illusions?

c'mon it is obvious...
MYTH and MATH are two sides of the same flat world coin and we are being taken for a cosmic ride.

Tell me when you have had enough and want to get off the roller coaster.

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
10-12-2011, 12:47 PM

Since I was seven years old, I've considered a multiverse theory more probable than the other one. That an all powerful God allegedly just sat on his [censored] for eternity, doing jack nothing, didn't slide down my esophagus (which is slightly wider than average). You know, he could have at least used the time planning a debut project that wouldn't be effed up by a big bad angel. (I picture God lying down on a hammock, sipping vodka, and texting his secret girlfriend during this period). God had been alone all those years with no daddy or money; a simple orphan. Orphans are more prone to developing a severe attachment disorder. Perhaps that's why he became so spiteful.

FYI Try trying to comprehend the notion of infinite past existence. You'll begin to convulse and foam at the mouth after a few minutes.

Growing up in elementary school, I learned of many facts about our physical universe not contained in the bible. I thought, "If God didn't document all aspects of our reality, maybe he's created other things that aren't mentioned in the bible. This resurrected my multiverse theory. Because this possiblitity didn't encroach on the J.W doctrine, I considered it plausible. I then went on to acknowledge the possible existence of extra terestrial life forms, since i couldnt find any societal literture to refute it. I quickly embraced these ideas, proposing them to to people i met in the door to door ministry- much to the shugrin of my less open-minded colleagues (of whom were my 5 and 8 year old sisters).

Why do I bring this up? Because I'm slightly drunk. Seriously, though, I am. No. honestly, I'm completely hammered.

I hope these theories are true. I've always wanted to harvest alien life to satisfy my given whims. As James Lipton once put it, "It would be an awful waste of space, if we were the only ones here." He said this to Rosanne Barr who replied, "Waste of space? Wait till I get around to dieting." (this is made up)

After completely rejecting the bible to be a celestially inspired book of illiterate desert wanderers, I was happy to learn that my multi-universe theory was pretty popluar among scientists (and Hindus). I also learnt Hawkins theory of nothing. Then again, perhaps the earth is resting on the backs of a couple of invisible sasquatches after all.

HA this is some seriously funny shyt, i find it absolutely hilarious how serious everybody's taking it! religious satire!
10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
What is really funny is the last person to post on this thread, before you was on 7/16/2009

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
10-12-2011, 03:15 PM
(10-12-2011 01:55 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  What is really funny is the last person to post on this thread, before you was on 7/16/2009

hahahahha true that, i found it on the related topics thing that shows up on the bottom of a page when reading a thread and it was so interesting i had to comment.
11-09-2011, 08:07 AM

Wonderful. Could yuo post the fourmula you used in your calculation so we can have a chance to evaluate it.

>>Since I was seven years old, I've considered a multiverse theory more probable than the other one. That an all powerful God allegedly just sat on his [censored] for eternity, doing jack nothing, didn't slide down my esophagus (which is slightly wider than average). <<

Have you ever starte butoning youjr shirt and started with wht worng buttonhole? When you get to the end it doesn't come out right and you have to start all over. Even adults, let alone 7 year olds start in the right buttonhole in spiritual matters.

Quote:You know, he could have at least used the time planning a debut project that wouldn't be effed up by a big bad angel.

So IYO, God creating robots is better than giving them free will?

Quote: (I picture God lying down on a hammock, sipping vodka, and texting his secret girlfriend during this period).

And where did you get this picture of God and wht makes you think it is accurate?

Quote:God had been alone all those years with no daddy or money; a simple orphan. Orphans are more prone to developing a severe attachment disorder. Perhaps that's why he became so spiteful.

How silly. Why does a God need money or a daddy.

Quote:FYI Try trying to comprehend the notion of infinite past existence. You'll begin to convulse and foam at the mouth after a few minutes.

Is that what happened to you? Try to imageing a universe popping into existence from nothing.

Quote:Growing up in elementary school, I learned of many facts about our physical universe not contained in the bible.

did you learn how it came into exisence?

Quote:I thought, "If God didn't document all aspects of our reality, maybe he's created other things that aren't mentioned in the bible.

hat didn't He document?

Quote:This resurrected my multiverse theory. Because this possiblitity didn't encroach on the J.W doctrine, I considered it plausible.

I hate to tell you thins but that theory has b een around a long time and therei s not evidence to support it. Did you not learn that in school as well?

Quote: I then went on to acknowledge the possible existence of extra terestrial life forms, since i couldnt find any societal literture to refute it. I quickly embraced these ideas, proposing them to to people i met in the door to door ministry- much to the shugrin of my less open-minded colleagues (of whom were my 5 and 8 year old sisters).

So you are willing to accept sometheing for which there is nsot evidence. Interesting.

Quote:Why do I bring this up? Because I'm slightly drunk. Seriously, though, I am. No. honestly, I'm completely hammered.

ARe you braqgging or complaining?

Quote:After completely rejecting the bible to be a celestially inspired book of illiterate desert wanderers, I was happy to learn that my multi-universe theory was pretty popluar among scientists (and Hindus). I also learnt Hawkins theory of nothing. Then again, perhaps the earth is resting on the backs of a couple of invisible sasquatches after all.

I doubt if the theory you claim is yours s is popular among most scientists. They like you have no evidence for what thy accept as true.
kermit[/quote]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  God Doesn't Want Me To Believe Achrelos 73 4,357 09-28-2016 02:58 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  a comment CNN doesn't want you to see julianpenrod 34 4,990 06-05-2015 06:31 PM
Last Post: Teilhard
  The final Proof God does not exist! nostradamus1 15 1,198 12-06-2014 07:41 PM
Last Post: nostradamus1
  If you knew your god(s) didnt exist, would you still follow your religious morals? HeathenHero95 8 1,020 03-29-2014 01:33 PM
Last Post: Satyros
  Equal and SoldierofAllah328 debate: Does God Exist and What is The Purpose Of Life EqualAtheist 10 1,547 08-31-2013 03:17 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
  If God exist....... Why KAYSER 26 2,164 11-11-2012 01:57 PM
Last Post: KAYSER
  if God did not exist. smellycat 17 2,455 05-16-2012 02:36 PM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME
  Adam's absurd math Visqueen 29 3,180 12-01-2011 02:30 AM
Last Post: Yefet
  A guy who doesn't know. scubadiver 134 14,987 11-14-2011 12:26 PM
Last Post: God's Father
  Does God exist in our universe? georgeTmaxwell 12 2,278 07-02-2011 07:30 PM
Last Post: georgeTmaxwell

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)