Poll: Is creating a NEW bible wrong?
Yes, you are going to hell
No, God will forgive you
Maybe, lets do it and see what happens.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
I want to start a NEW bible
06-27-2013, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 08:55 PM by Yefet.)
I want to start a NEW bible
Hi all, first post here.

Well, like what the title says, I want to update the current bible. Lot's of the content (ie old testament and even the new testament) is outdated.

So I'd like to discuss if it's wrong in God's eyes? Even if its not adding or subtracting from the original bible. I'm creating a new one.

Also, any laws and commandments you think needs to stay or taken out?

Thanks people.
Godnads
(link removed )
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2013, 09:26 PM
RE: I want to start a NEW bible
It would no longer be "the Bible"
You would have to give it a name to set it a part.

It will be like starting a new religion.
A lot of people will call you a false prophet even if you don't claim to be a prophet.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
Find all posts by this user
06-27-2013, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 10:00 PM by Yefet.)
(06-27-2013 09:26 PM)Azrael17 Wrote:  It would no longer be "the Bible"
You would have to give it a name to set it a part.

It will be like starting a new religion.
A lot of people will call you a false prophet even if you don't claim to be a prophet.

Yeah the new bible will need to be called something like Bible 2.0 or Bible X etc.

Back in those days, they called Jesus a false prophet and executed him. But he made a difference.

But no, I'm not a prophet, just someone reading the bible with an open mind, and it's scary.

Thanks for your input by the way.

Godnads.
(Link removed please read rules of this forum
If you want to advertise your site contact the owner of this site as he sells advertising space
after 50 posts you can add your link to your signature as long as you do not draw attention to it with every post
Please do not add link again
06-27-2013, 09:48 PM
What is your qualification to update the bible?

Click Here to know more about Islam
06-27-2013, 10:20 PM
(06-27-2013 09:48 PM)KAYSER Wrote:  What is your qualification to update the bible?

I have no qualifications on religious studies what so ever. Nor did Jesus.

I have however been to church most of my life and only recently came to realise that the God described in the bible isn't the God I want to worship anymore. Plus I see the bible as outdated and contradicting.

So maybe it is time for a newer new testament?
06-27-2013, 10:36 PM
You can't just write what you want and call it a scripture though.

You have to have the spirit of god or one of his angels with you and guiding you along your way as you write.

There must be a spark of divine inspiration that comes from god if that is not there then all you'll end up writting is your own thoughts and words not gods.

I think you need to pray about this. And unless you honesty believe the spirit of god is moving you then don't claim it is scripture or else you will be guilty of blasphemy against god which is the only unforgiveable sin.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
06-27-2013, 10:48 PM
I don't claim its god or any angel is speaking through me. That to me seems quite delusional. Voices in your heads, can be dangerous.

But I can claim that I'm doing this according to my free will. I want to change the bible to make it better. Faith has left me already, and so has the believe in a God.

What I'm proposing is, if you want to worship a God, let it not be the one described in the bible, for he is nuts. Just like the new testimony over writes the old, we need a new text to over write the previous.

I don't know why suddenly I'm so into doing this? I've quit my job and am doing this full time. Maybe it is a spark of divine inspiration, I'll never know.
06-27-2013, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 11:03 PM by shiverleaf15.)
It would be better for you to write a book, a book of morality sure, invoking maybe the "good" aspects of the Bible if you'd like, and present your book as a good book for humanity to read and benefit from, but don't call it the "Edited Bible", as that will just do more offense to a specific group of people than if you did not call it that.

Just my opinion.
06-27-2013, 11:14 PM
(06-27-2013 11:02 PM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  It would be better for you to write a book, a book of morality sure, invoking maybe the "good" aspects of the Bible if you'd like, and present your book as a good book for humanity to read and benefit from, but don't call it the "Edited Bible", as that will just do more offense to a specific group of people than if you did not call it that.

Just my opinion.

Good opinion.

But sometimes it takes offense for people to notice. A book is just another book. The next bible is controversial. I want people to question their own believes. Take a step back and see what is wrong with the current bible.
06-28-2013, 12:07 AM
Which bible are you going to update? It will be just another bible like what we have now, no difference. If you feel like writing, you better off with short stories and call it a day. You are not a prophet, you don't get revelation from god. You will just be buying your ticket to hellfire

Click Here to know more about Islam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is The New Testament Cannon the Word of God? [/size][/font]Let me start by defining Axiom 20 3,790 03-15-2017 07:03 AM
Last Post: rako17

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)