Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I went to church today...
03-29-2013, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 01:13 PM by Adi Baba.)
I went to church today...
my friend invited me to go to the gospel mission to celebrate the crusifixtion and resurection, etc. and eat a wonderful meal(made with Christ's love for sure, like Maha-Prasad)Angelic

the preacher is a really good man, he left a rich church to help bums get off drugs and find God, and he buys some people clothing, and works 7 days a week at the soup kitchen...Angel
But he is all fire and brimstone, he first b*tch*d for ten min. about how easter is Pagan and we shouldnt celebrate with egg hunts any more, and then went off on the Divinci Code(which he obviouslly didnt read, but instead read other peoples opinions of it).... then he finished with if you arent for christ your hell bound, he said it very matter of fact like...

the congregation people were very devoted but had what i considered a child's understanding.... as a servent i tried to plant seeds or "jnana"(divine wisdom) by asking them offhandedly "well, ok.... but then weres Heaven if its not in the sky?" or " you are a soul, not a body, why would you have a body and a brain/personality in heaven?"
to this they had no defensiveness but instead stewed on it a while. so the thought arises with in me that they took it well...

It Got me thinking about the Preacher... In Hinduism there are many steps on the latter of sainthood.... this man was without a doubt a living saint with true Yoga(union with God) but he was not a "true saint" because his personal thoughts & feelings have blocked the spiritual understanding that all paths lead to the truth....

its like this(according to one point of veiw anyways):
someone sees God... then:
(level 1 saint) THIS IS THE ONLY METHOD THAT WORKS! they say you must do a particular practice or ritual, a particular way, to meet with God.... Examples include people who practice; peyote rituals, vedic rituals, magick, etc....Rolleyes

(level 2 saint) THIS IS THE ONLY BELEIF SYSTEM THAT WORKS! They know that God reveals itself to us in many ways but asserts that their religion is the only true religion... this is were that preacher was, he goes "please everyone should know this infinit love, you must pray to Christ!" but denounces islam, jews,buddhists, hindus, etc.Smile

(level 3 saint) GOD IS THE ONLY WAY! a place i found my self in alot... at this point one knows that all religions, traditions, & practices are all aimed at the same source... however you still are personally holding on to your own conceptualized idea of what the source is.... in most cases they say; "you must cultivate a personal relationship with God" but not everyone beleives in God(in that way anyways) so thats were you hit a speedbump...Wink

(level 4 saint) THERE IS ONE TRUTH! At this point they see that the divine(or whatever) can fit infinit conceptualized molds, that God is Emptiness, that Brahman is Shunya, that religion and science are one. and that the source is already revealed itself in each and everyone of our lives dispite what we call it or think it is... they say "live and let live, for some people God is money, for others God is food, still for others God is in temple, but we are already perfect...":cool:

(level 5 saint) ENLIGHTENED: I suppose if there is anything after 4 it would be a transformation that would leave an individual Christlike, or Buddha like... Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: I went to church today...
Do Level 5 Saints get a reduction to their Encumbrance in leather armour?
03-29-2013, 01:23 PM
lol i suppose it does sound kind of cheezy, but makeing a level system seemed less moronic then giving each "kind" of saint some special name.... which they do in Buddhism, Hinduism and several other enlightenment religions
03-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Cool opinions, I disagree but I see what you're saying. My Christian point of view on the brimstony teachers is that they are employing psychological tactics that I feel amount to deception. I don't feel it can be of God. Be whatever God it may, I believe integrity is necessary to any person who supposes they worship the God of Truth. Integrity requires people to avoid deceptive tactics. I feel brimstone preaching is deceptive in that it first torments people into experiencing vivid fear of hellfire, then heavily reprimands them to make them feel sharply guilty and brings them into the awful depths of intense despair. Then it provides a cheap way out through a very emotional escape, through tear-filled and zealous exclamations about Jesus. This causes audiences to find a quick escape which contrasts with their prior state of heavy despair and sorrow, and it lifts them up into cheap comfort and solace, and then they are told that this cheap comfort and solace is "salvation" and that upon accepting it, they become saved forever after.

Yeah, I'm not very supportive of revivalism. As a Christian, my opinion is that while the Holy Ghost can in fact bring comfort to the soul, experiencing a sudden emotional rush provoked by psychological deception that plays on the insecurities of people and the ease with which they can be brought down to sorrow and despair and the yearning people have for cheap and quick escapes, does not equal with "experiencing salvation". I personally am very opposed to this mindset because it has led many modern Christians to start calling any other Christian who does not believe that this is the only way to be "saved" "false Christians" who, because they aren't "saved" through this emotional rush, shall go to hell.
03-29-2013, 02:14 PM
I hear ya, but keep in mind that its not a "God of Truth".... it simply truth.... Truth is always true otherwise it wouldnt be truth.... Truth is truth whether you call it God, or Emptiness, or the Monad, or Science for that matter...

if you want to describe the truth in one way thats all cool, but why do you need everyone to be like you("you" as in the preverbial "you", not you in particular) some call it Allah, and others call it the quantum field, still others prefer the words Jesus Christ in their prayers and contemplations on the truth....
03-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Very simple, Adi Baba. Jesus Christ is not Allah. And neither of them is the quantum field.
03-29-2013, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 02:42 PM by Adi Baba.)
"Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?" - Mal 2:10

Allah means literally God in arabic, even middle eastern christians address God as Allah...
the Quantum feild is the absolute and whole of all(and thus the supreme) in science...
while Buddha called it "emptiness" because he experienced truth as devoid of all concepts or limitations...

but back to the whole allah thing.... Allah is arabic for the old testament God(and thus by extention yehweh, jahova, Christ, and elohim) who are also the old testament God....

all in all no matter what story you want to preach or what ethics you think are best.... people are going to reach out to God(or otherwise named) in whatever way they are comfortable with.... i guess thats the heart of it, is that God doesnt care what name you give him, just be with God....

God is not an alien ruling us from some far off place, God is God, God is trancendental beyond our understanding as mere mortals.... it is best that we understand that everyone whos met God has some pretty Good guesses... but when we do "see" we know God is awsome!
03-29-2013, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 02:50 PM by shiverleaf15.)
Oh I know that Allah means "God" very well. But I thought you referred to the Islamic Allah, because there's really no need to speak of any other Allah because the Jews and Christians just call it "God" or maybe Yahweh/Jehovah.

To clarify: the Islamic Allah is not Jesus Christ, whether the Christian or Muslim Jesus. And neither of them is the quantum field. The quantum field is a theory that describes physical nature. There are noumena which are not physical. The color red in-of-itself would exist even if the entire physical universe did not. The Islamic Allah is seen as the entity that created everything as separate from himself, otherwise we would be parts of Allah and I don't believe that's what the Quran teaches. Likewise with Jesus Christ, he had a physical body and was separate from you and I with that physical body.

What you are suggesting is that we completely take apart Islam and Christianity until only bare-naked vague notions of divinity are left. Fair enough. I refuse to call that "Islam" or "Christianity" though. No Muslim or Christian would do that. And if you ask that we Muslims and Christians do that, you are asking us to destroy our holy scriptures, which we believe we received from God and his angels and prophets. Yet that is, in fact, our distinguishing trait. Fire without the heat element is not fire. Water without the quality to relieve thirst is not water. Revealed religions without their revealed doctrines and teachings are no longer revealed religion.
03-29-2013, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 03:10 PM by Adi Baba.)
again... theology/mythology really doesnt matter... Christ is God, Allah is God.... they are both God the only differences we could possibly have are one humans make up in their tiny brains... lol

the quantum feild is a term used in science, that describes the ultimate reality of Hinduism(BRAHMAN/the cosmic man) Buddhism(Shunya/the void) and taoism(Tao/ singular originalsubstance)
you are quite smart.... for further study, research and informed discussion... would you Look up Brahman and Advaita vedanta(perhaps you have already)
03-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Yeah, well, if theology doesn't matter, then the scriptures Muhammad got from Gabriel, or that the apostles of Jesus Christ authored under inspiration of the Holy Ghost or to record Jesus' sayings and acts, are all for naught. Either a capricious demon brought them to Christians and Muslims to deceive us "away' from this sublime truth you preach, or they are authentic and you are the one incorrect, or they are the inventions of men. Which one do you agree with?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)