Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IS GOD GOOD ENOUGH?
11-03-2008, 01:39 PM
IS GOD GOOD ENOUGH?
Who's the true god and if he created us why he can't stop us from destroying each other? I need a quick answer not a copy/paste from a book.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2008, 02:18 PM
RE: IS GOD GOOD ENOUGH?
u will find all answers for ur questions in islam...
if u need links to know i can give u....or any thing else...
and i can give u quick answer till u search for the truth....
The True God is ALLAH who sent prophets from Ibraham passing by Moses , Jesus and Mohamed......
He who created the creation, and give them brain to distinguish between good and evil things and make this life for them as test...after showing to the mthe right way by sending all prophets...and there is a judgement day...every one will take his right...no one will be wronged...the killed man will take his right of the killer...nothing will be lift....
i hope i cleared the matter as i can
11-03-2008, 02:28 PM
JLTOBARU Wrote:Who's the true god and if he created us why he can't stop us from destroying each other? I need a quick answer not a copy/paste from a book.

God doesn't exist, so there is no one to stop us from destroying each other...that one's up to us. Truthfully, I'm not optimistic... Sad

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
11-03-2008, 02:37 PM
you're right. we got the power to decide. im tired of religion. everything is religion. my parents are catholics but i dont believe anything coming from religion i think is a waste of time. i dont believe in god. god is just a word to me. we are responsible for this world. we can fix this world but religion wont let us. religion makes us hate each other i think.
11-03-2008, 03:50 PM
There is only one God whose name is irrelevant. OTOH, as an ex-Atheist, I understand how people can hold the position that there is no God. As God says: “They too shall find me in the end.”

God gave us brains to think and free will to choose. What you see in the world is our choice not God's. We can fix it if we choose.
11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
JLTOBARU Wrote:you're right. we got the power to decide. im tired of religion. everything is religion. my parents are catholics but i dont believe anything coming from religion i think is a waste of time. i dont believe in god. god is just a word to me. we are responsible for this world. we can fix this world but religion wont let us. religion makes us hate each other i think.

Eh, I'm no fan of religion, but I think that may be overly critical of it. Every religious text has good stories that can teach valuable life lessons. I think people just kinda hate each other in general, and religion is simply one more justification for that hate.

11-04-2008, 12:27 PM
"I think people just kinda hate each other in general,"......
yes, that is right so religion try to remove that hatred...if u know the history..or just read in it from authentic sources...u will know the truth...but that matter need fair persons....objective persons only...
11-04-2008, 12:48 PM
sesame Wrote:"I think people just kinda hate each other in general,"......
yes, that is right so religion try to remove that hatred...if u know the history..or just read in it from authentic sources...u will know the truth...but that matter need fair persons....objective persons only...

Um...you are the one that is not being objective. The religion you espouse is the source of more hate than any other religion I know of. While you can quote passages from the Quran that support tolerance, you can not ignore the fact that Muslims are *killing people* in the name of Allah. Your religion is used as justification for suicide bombers that blow themselves up in the middle of civilian populations. Your religion has publicly called for the death of the likes of Salman Rushdie and Gregorius Nekschot simply because they wrote things offensive to some Muslims.

Until you *objectively* recognize and denounce the atrocities committed in the name of your god, you can not claim others are not being objective.

11-04-2008, 05:16 PM
There is much to admire in the Quran. When I read it, some parts moved me deeply. But Damian is right. Until you renounce the atrocities committed in its name, they will remain a shameful part of Islam and you will lack credibility.
11-05-2008, 04:36 PM
god gave us brains? who said so? i just cant understand why people still beleive in god or in any other religion its all sicence fiction like i said before god is just a word there is no heaven no hell nothing.
Can you open your mind and start questioning the religions? I mean noone changed my mind about religion i got to a point that i said "STOP" religion was driving me crazy. like its a law or something.
So that happenend when i finifh my "Confirmation" after baptism, where they push me to seek for god. there was no good i tried really hard nothing happened everything was normal everything is normal so far no signs of god. then i realize that the one you call "god" i call my conscience. when i used to pray there was a voice that said "be good"
that was my conscience not god. period.

If you need god is because you dont know whats good or bad, or most of the cases you 've been in big trouble (like drugs, alcohol, etc) and they made you read the bible and you became one of them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is good about the Biblical god? Goldenrain 3 159 09-14-2017 08:44 AM
Last Post: Alexa
  Is becoming like God good or evil? Greatest I am 44 3,866 01-14-2014 02:36 AM
Last Post: IMtM
  God loves the evil ones more than the good because he is the greatest sinner. Greatest I am 2 763 07-13-2012 10:36 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Why would you consider God good? Etamina 16 1,632 11-01-2011 11:35 PM
Last Post: Etamina
  Satan. Created by God perfect and good or evil? Greatest I am 4 1,299 08-13-2010 12:41 PM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  An All-Evil God is Just as Reasonable as an All-Good God lostsurf9111 21 3,711 07-03-2010 03:21 PM
Last Post: lostsurf9111
  Do you judge God as good only or evil as well? Greatest I am 25 3,402 03-25-2010 09:40 AM
Last Post: kevlar
  God of Good and Evil Conrad 9 2,036 01-21-2009 11:04 AM
Last Post: Pilgrim

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)