Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Incomplete List of religions on home page.
05-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Incomplete List of religions on home page.
I came to this site because I thought it was a place for people who can discus different beliefs peacefully, and i was correct. But i've noticed at least two important religions missing from the forum list on the sites homepage: Pastafarianism and Unitarianism. I, myself am a Pastafarian, and i believe that my beliefs should also be represented on this site. I also think, though i am not, people of the Unitarian Universalist Society should also be welcome, because, in large, they believe of a very similar cause that i think most peaceful people on this site do, Universal Unity. Just as this site unites different religions together to peacefully discuss, the Unitarians do the same in a much more widespread manner. I believe, weather or not you agree with their beliefs or are of a different religion (as am i) they deserve representation on this website. In conclusion, Pastafarianism and Unitarian Universalism should be added to the site's homepage. Please tell me what you think and if there are any other religions i have overlooked.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2010, 01:33 AM
RE: Incomplete List of religions on home page.
(05-30-2010 11:18 PM)conrad141 Wrote:  I came to this site because I thought it was a place for people who can discus different beliefs peacefully, and i was correct. But i've noticed at least two important religions missing from the forum list on the sites homepage: Pastafarianism and Unitarianism. I, myself am a Pastafarian, and i believe that my beliefs should also be represented on this site. I also think, though i am not, people of the Unitarian Universalist Society should also be welcome, because, in large, they believe of a very similar cause that i think most peaceful people on this site do, Universal Unity. Just as this site unites different religions together to peacefully discuss, the Unitarians do the same in a much more widespread manner. I believe, weather or not you agree with their beliefs or are of a different religion (as am i) they deserve representation on this website. In conclusion, Pastafarianism and Unitarian Universalism should be added to the site's homepage. Please tell me what you think and if there are any other religions i have overlooked.

Sections are added as needed, when I came there was no Afro-Caribbean section. However, wouldn't UU fit in the Spiritualism forum and Pastafarianism in the Atheist or Spiritualism sections?

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen
05-31-2010, 09:37 AM
(05-31-2010 01:33 AM)Clementine Wrote:  
(05-30-2010 11:18 PM)conrad141 Wrote:  I came to this site because I thought it was a place for people who can discus different beliefs peacefully, and i was correct. But i've noticed at least two important religions missing from the forum list on the sites homepage: Pastafarianism and Unitarianism. I, myself am a Pastafarian, and i believe that my beliefs should also be represented on this site. I also think, though i am not, people of the Unitarian Universalist Society should also be welcome, because, in large, they believe of a very similar cause that i think most peaceful people on this site do, Universal Unity. Just as this site unites different religions together to peacefully discuss, the Unitarians do the same in a much more widespread manner. I believe, weather or not you agree with their beliefs or are of a different religion (as am i) they deserve representation on this website. In conclusion, Pastafarianism and Unitarian Universalism should be added to the site's homepage. Please tell me what you think and if there are any other religions i have overlooked.

Sections are added as needed, when I came there was no Afro-Caribbean section. However, wouldn't UU fit in the Spiritualism forum and Pastafarianism in the Atheist or Spiritualism sections?

Possibly... UU might fit in the Spiritualism forum, but I'm not sure if i see the whole connection. Pastafarianism and is a Theist belief, why would it belong in the Atheist fourm??
05-31-2010, 01:44 PM
And how about a Christian Humanism category which has now taken a brand new turn with the publication of the Gospel of Humanity. Christianity will never be the same again with this new Son of Man theology.
05-31-2010, 05:22 PM
(05-31-2010 09:37 AM)conrad141 Wrote:  

Possibly... UU might fit in the Spiritualism forum, but I'm not sure if i see the whole connection. Pastafarianism and is a Theist belief, why would it belong in the Atheist fourm??

Because UU actively accepts people of all faiths, I see it fitting much better into a Spiritualism forum than having it's own -- as Pastafarianism, isn't that a mock religion, created by Bobby Henderson to protest against a state board of education?

05-31-2010, 05:26 PM
(05-31-2010 05:22 PM)Clementine Wrote:  

Because UU actively accepts people of all faiths, I see it fitting much better into a Spiritualism forum than having it's own -- as Pastafarianism, isn't that a mock religion, created by Bobby Henderson to protest against a state board of education?

Pastafarianism isn't a "mock" religion, it's the worshipers of FSM. Yes, Robert Henderson is our founder but he was protesting them for only teaching the ID beliefs and not the Pastafarian ways of creation.
05-31-2010, 06:56 PM
(05-31-2010 05:26 PM)conrad141 Wrote:  

Pastafarianism isn't a "mock" religion, it's the worshipers of FSM. Yes, Robert Henderson is our founder but he was protesting them for only teaching the ID beliefs and not the Pastafarian ways of creation.

This is contrary to everything I've heard -- everything I've looked up has talked about Pastafarianism as a parody religion.

06-02-2010, 05:27 PM
(05-31-2010 06:56 PM)Clementine Wrote:  
(05-31-2010 05:26 PM)conrad141 Wrote:  

This is contrary to everything I've heard -- everything I've looked up has talked about Pastafarianism as a parody religion.

I don't know how that rumor started, but Pastafarianism is a real, widly accepted religion. Check out our webpage, it CLEARLY STATES that we are.
06-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Quote: I don't know how that rumor started, but Pastafarianism is a real, widly accepted religion. Check out our webpage, it CLEARLY STATES that we are.
Didn't you get the memo; there was a bloodless palace coup and the Great Golden Slug is now in charge and demands that his religion now be known as Slugianity.

????????????????
06-03-2010, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2010 08:07 AM by digipixel.)

Yes, there is also Religious Science (Science of Mind) and the entire New Thought Movement. Ernest Holmes is the primary character behind Religious Science, I think. While they are related, Religious Science should not be confused with Christian Science - big difference with regard to the use of medicine and healing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Home Schooling Fossilgirl 102 6,398 09-30-2013 09:05 AM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  phone home? MRlogic 40 3,123 11-28-2010 03:55 PM
Last Post: MRlogic
  Book List PatPar 3 848 07-07-2009 11:18 PM
Last Post: MerryAtheist

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)