Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Interfaith dialogue initiative ? Anyone ?
06-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Cool Interfaith dialogue initiative ? Anyone ?
Hello there.
I'm new on this board, but I wanted to know if any of you were in touch with some interfaith charity or community group that promotes interfaith dialogue in your area ?

Because I'm working for this kind of charity myself, I would like to get in touch with the ones that you reckon deserved to be known.

If you want to know more about mine, you can have a look at this video below that introduces the context of the Three Faiths Forum work and the people we are working with (schools, universities, single-faith groups, MPs, NGOs...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDauflBI-gM

Sorry if all of this appears a bit like self-promotion but if this message can spark off ideas or initiatives from any of you, I'd be really grateful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2010, 07:54 AM
RE: Interfaith dialogue initiative ? Anyone ?
(06-22-2010 07:44 AM)TFF Wrote:  Hello there.
I'm new on this board, but I wanted to know if any of you were in touch with some interfaith charity or community group that promotes interfaith dialogue in your area ?

Because I'm working for this kind of charity myself, I would like to get in touch with the ones that you reckon deserved to be known.

If you want to know more about mine, you can have a look at this video below that introduces the context of the Three Faiths Forum work and the people we are working with (schools, universities, single-faith groups, MPs, NGOs...)

Sorry if all of this appears a bit like self-promotion but if this message can spark off ideas or initiatives from any of you, I'd be really grateful.

"Three Faiths"? What about all the other faiths? No interfaith dialogue for them?
06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
(06-22-2010 07:54 AM)biomystic Wrote:  

"Three Faiths"? What about all the other faiths? No interfaith dialogue for them?

We are called Three Faiths Forum because we focus on improving understanding between the Muslim, Christian and Jewish communities and their engagement with wider society. However our remit is larger than our name; most of our programmes explore the relationship between faiths/people of different faiths and beliefs and society.
06-22-2010, 02:22 PM
(06-22-2010 11:05 AM)TFF Wrote:  
(06-22-2010 07:54 AM)biomystic Wrote:  

We are called Three Faiths Forum because we focus on improving understanding between the Muslim, Christian and Jewish communities and their engagement with wider society. However our remit is larger than our name; most of our programmes explore the relationship between faiths/people of different faiths and beliefs and society.

I am a Gnostic Christian. Our belief system includes pagan sources. If Pauline Christians are representing all of Christianity in your forum then they aren't being true to the diversity within just Christianity. Outside the Abrahamic Big Three there is a whole world of religious beliefs which are bound to have more and more impact on world religions as intellectuals become aware of the problems of Abrahamic religions being based on a confusion of pagan polytheistic gods masquerading as a monotheistic god and monotheistic Hebrews.
06-23-2010, 04:20 AM
Haha, I like the "Abrahamic Big Three"...

Most of our programmes are open to anyone, regardless of their faiths for beliefs, but for some of our programmes it makes sense to have a Three Faiths focus e.g. textual or heritage connections.

Also for some of our programmes our funding has been related to our work with Islam, Christianity and Judaism (or Muslims, Christians and Jews) so we are limited by that and it’s our organisational remit
06-23-2010, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 07:05 AM by biomystic.)
(06-23-2010 04:20 AM)TFF Wrote:  Haha, I like the "Abrahamic Big Three"...

Most of our programmes are open to anyone, regardless of their faiths for beliefs, but for some of our programmes it makes sense to have a Three Faiths focus e.g. textual or heritage connections.

Also for some of our programmes our funding has been related to our work with Islam, Christianity and Judaism (or Muslims, Christians and Jews) so we are limited by that and it’s our organisational remit

Sorry, but my spiritually and intellectually based opinion is that the sooner the Big Three are exposed as religious frauds the sooner the rest of the world can escape the unending Abrahamic religiously inspired warfare that follows the Big Three throughout their histories.
06-23-2010, 10:59 AM
I understand and I agree. In no way do I endorse the violence that has been done in the name of these religions. And it is no mystery for anyone that they take their origins from other pagan religions. This is why rather than working on the theory of these religions, we work at the grass-roots of these communities. With people in universities, teachers, students, kids. It is still unbelievable to see some communities living next to each other without being able to communicate, only because of misconceptions, when they actually share so much as a common history or values. I am fighting too the effects of deception and ignorance in a way, or at least I try.
06-25-2010, 05:24 AM
The problem is this: people sometimes do not know to to remain peaceful with those who are different from them.

I am a Muslim. And I am sure that Islam is true. And I agree with Jews and Christians on some issues and disagree on others. Also I agree with people from others faiths on some issues and disagree on others, too.

Saying that Islam has its roots in pagan religions is wrong and has no basis. However, Islam itself emphasized the freedom of religion to all humankind, regardless of how strong the disagreements are, as long as people are peaceful to each other and not using violent and war to pursuit their goals. Defending the self is permitted since the reality of this world shows that some people are waging war against others just because of religious difference -- and for some economic greed, too. And the permission is given to the innocent to protect their houses and their kids.
06-25-2010, 07:48 AM
(06-25-2010 05:24 AM)Spirit Wrote:  The problem is this: people sometimes do not know to to remain peaceful with those who are different from them.

I am a Muslim. And I am sure that Islam is true. And I agree with Jews and Christians on some issues and disagree on others. Also I agree with people from others faiths on some issues and disagree on others, too.

Saying that Islam has its roots in pagan religions is wrong and has no basis. However, Islam itself emphasized the freedom of religion to all humankind, regardless of how strong the disagreements are, as long as people are peaceful to each other and not using violent and war to pursuit their goals. Defending the self is permitted since the reality of this world shows that some people are waging war against others just because of religious difference -- and for some economic greed, too. And the permission is given to the innocent to protect their houses and their kids.

Saying that Islam does not have its roots in pagan religions is something Muslims will never be able to prove because Muhammad followed the Jewish lead in accepting pagan religious ideas as real history, e.g. the myths of Adam and Eve taken from older Sumerian and Babylonian creation myths, e.g. the myth of Noah and the Ark taken from the Epic of Gilgamesh. Also, Muslims will find it impossible to prove Islam is tolerant of non-Abrahamic religions since everywhere Muslims achieve majority status they seem to want to destroy the sacred sites of non-Abrahamic religions as well as persecute non-Muslim believers.

You all know my prejudice against Abrahamic religions by now and I do hope that current Muslims of intelligence stand back and take a good hard look at the current and historic behavior of Muslims when they are in social power to see that Islam, like its totalitarian counterpart in religious history, the militant Catholic Church, still poses a great threat to individual freedom and social democracy. Organized religions stunt moral and intellectual development in my opinion because they prey on human weakness that finds comfort in having someone providing a Script to follow in one's life in order to avoid thinking for oneself. Let Muhammad do it for you. Let Paul do it for you. Let the priests do it for you. Let the imams do it for you. Let the Book(s) do it for you. And so we get the social values of ancient men dragging us all down because they're ideas and rules are for social organization that the world has long passed as inappropriate to modern life. Group think is incompatible with individual spiritual development because at best as a believer one can only learn what another not yourself has learned, and really, there are so many others holding knowledge that to ignore their input, e.g. never acknowledging such thinkers as Louis Pasteur who have literally saved millions of lives while Muslims go ga ga over Muhammad's every word, praising him with honorifics and never doing the same for people like Pasteur or Jonas Salk or Thomas Edison, this religiously learned blindness to social value is part and parcel of organized religious hypnotising of the human mind.
06-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Of course, most people feel that their religion is the most correct form of worship. Others say that you should stick to the religion in which you were brought up, regardless of its teachings. Few who profess Christianity would feel comfortable worshiping at a Buddhist wat or a Hindu shrine. But what difference should it make, if all worship goes to the same God? There is confusion when it comes to the type of worship that God accepts.
The Bible does not teach that all worship goes to the same God. 1 Corinthians 10:20 – “The things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God.”
Revelations 12:9 states that Satan the Devil is misleading the entire inhabited earth. Jesus also said: “Broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it. – Matt 7:13,14. that means that majority of people, in spite of having some form of religion, are not worshiping God acceptably.
God’s law to ancient Israel strictly forbade religious fellowship with the surrounding nations. 2 Corinthians 6:14,16,17 – Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves, says Jehovah.
You must go to the Bible to learn the marks of true worship.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Interfaith Relationships Niva 9 463 06-28-2013 02:08 AM
Last Post: Niva
  Interfaith Relationships? Medusa 30 2,520 10-02-2011 05:41 PM
Last Post: superman22x
  Quran burning pastor to have dialogue with the Son of Man CalvinJam 14 1,226 06-09-2011 04:29 AM
Last Post: StarStuff

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)