Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is God evil?
02-28-2009, 03:07 AM
Sad Is God evil?
Sin is the absence of God and evil is the absence of good. If God created everything then God created evil, nothing can start on its own including evil, it has to start from somewhere.

If the devil started sin in the Garden of Eden because he was jealous of God, then who created the devil? God did. If God created the devil he created all of the devil's actions and had them planed out. He had to have created the devil's jealously within him for it to have the devil tempt Adam and Eve. Therefore he created evil witch lead to sin. Therefore god isn't perfect and is evil.

This confuses me to no end... Please help with a way to prove this wrong Sad

Sorry about my bad grammar... (or if i confused you in any way, if so tell me which part confuses you the most)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2009, 05:54 AM
RE: Is God evil?
Welcome romor. You've got it slightly scewed the wrong way concerning the history of the Devel or Satan (meaning adversary) God created an Angel named Lucifer (Bright Shining one) To lead worship in heaven. That Angel became proud of his accomplishments despite that he had been perfect in all his ways from the moment of his creation until sin was found in him and he would not repent of it but tried a bloody coupdeta to overthrow the very throne of God and in suchwise through his own choice became evil by reason of his great pride and was cast down. His presence upon earth was a fall back position in an ongoing war. What this means effectively is that free-will finite beings even though they may be created morally perfect have the possibility to chose to do and become evil. As a free-will agent God also has this choice for it would be nonesense to say that any part of His creation is capable of doing something that He himself is not. But God choses to limit His actions and constrain them to His characteristics, those being Benevolence, Goodness etc. rather than what He is capable of doing. He also exists eternally unrestrained or tied to temporal or linear experience. He exists simultaneously every where and every when by virtue of His omnipresence and knows Himself in eternity and can therefore claim quite rightly that He does not change. I hope this will prove helpful in resolving your understanding.

God bless

Pilgrim.

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.
02-28-2009, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2009 04:45 PM by romor24.)
Ok. Now I have another question...

If God created Lucifer, which evil started in, then how did the evil come about in him?

> = created

God > Lucifer > Evil > Sin

That is what im getting from what you said (correct me if thats not what im supposed to be looking at)

But nothing can start on its own.... everything has a beginning to it (God). So God created Lucifer, who had evil within him.

> = created

God > Lucifer + Evil > Sin

The Israelites always did evil in the eyes of the Lord. But creating evil, which started sin, would be a sin (evil in the eyes of the Lord)
Ok if i read what i said above ^^^^ I would be really confused, so heres another chart...

> = Created

God > Lucifer + Evil > Sin > Isrealites doing evil in the eyes of the Lord (God)

Go here for another forum that i asked the same question:
http://christianforums.com/showthread.ph...st50852847

Im not trying to disprove Christianity. I am just really confused, so I need someone to help me clear this up...

EDIT:

Ok the other forums cleared it up for me...
Thanks for the help ( I quoted you by the way) Big Grin
02-28-2009, 04:46 PM
we all have free will.if we didn,t have free will,we would be robots.

Good evil salvation
02-28-2009, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2009 05:59 PM by Annolennar.)
God created neither good nor evil. He did create free will.

My $0.02:

- God is the highest principle, toward which we and all of existence are oriented and based upon. He possesses the qualities of existence, free will, and perfection (among others, but those are the three that matter here).

- The opposite of God, if God exists perfectly, must be nonexistence.

- "Good" is simply that which in some pale sense reflects an attribute of God. (i.e. A rock is good because it exists, a human is good because it exists and has free will)

- Free will is one of many things that are good, but is not in and of itself necessary condition of good. For example, in the Genesis account, when God observes that His creation is good, many of those things do not have free will, they simply exist.

- "Evil" is orientation away from God (toward nonexistence), however, to be evil, free will is necessary (i.e. evil is a sufficient condition of free will).

- Thus, absolute evil is nonexistence. However, evil things that exist may be described in terms of the degree to which they orient away from God. (i.e. Lucifer may be evil, perhaps even the most evil of all possible things, but he is not absolute evil - after all, he is not the opposite of God, he was created by God)

I'm fairly sure that a graph is in order! Just to see if thats expressable mathematically (I think it is). Big Grin My basic thought is that the concepts of "good" and "evil" have no true existence in and of themselves, they simply describe the relationship of something toward God.

If you should see evident sins or defects, draw out of those thorns the rose; perceiving, moreover, that such apparent sinners may frequently have a good intention, for no one can judge the secrets of the heart of man.
03-01-2009, 02:01 PM
You know, if you don't take God literally, and instead identify him as an idealized "perfect man" (or more accurately, perfect society,) then I think actually agree with you. Good is reaching toward this ideal, Evil is drawing away from it. It is only when you anthropomorphizing this ideal and say it is an actual creator that I start disagreeing.

Which might put us in an interesting situation where we live our lives the same way, for the same reasons, but simply believe those reasons came about via different methods (an actual God in your case, a continuing understanding of ethics and morality in mine).
03-02-2009, 09:46 AM
(02-28-2009 03:07 AM)romor24 Wrote:  Sin is the absence of God and evil is the absence of good. If God created everything then God created evil, ..........
Sorry about my bad grammar... (or if i confused you in any way, if so tell me which part confuses you the most)

The Lord is always kindest and is interested in the happiness of all the human beings that are His children only. Gita says that the Lord is the father of all the living beings (Aham Bija Pradah Pita). The father always tries to favour His children and likes to see His children to be always happy. Originally only good path was created and all the human beings were permanently happy forever.

There was no trace of sorrow in their minds. That was called ‘Kruta Yuga’ or ‘Satya Yuga’ in which the deity of justice was standing on four legs. But in due course of time the continuous happiness started boring the human beings. One cannot eat sweets continuously. This reminds the “Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility” in Economics. They were bored and started feeling unhappy. Their minds were disturbed due to continuous happiness.

Therefore there was a need of break in the continuous happiness. That break can be only sorrow, which can be the fruit of sin only. Therefore the chilies were needed as breaks in the continuous eating of sweets.

Only for the happiness of His children, the Lord created the sin. He gave freedom to the souls so that they commit the sins and earn the chilies. Then the Lord arranged the life cycles by keeping sweets and chilies alternatively. Such arrangement alone can bring the real permanent happiness without boring. If it is continuous winter, you will get bored.

Summer is necessary. If it is continuous daytime it will be boring. Night is necessary. Even in the food the Lord created both sweets and chilies so that His children will enjoy the meals without boring. While eating the food, people will eat sweet dishes and hot dishes alternatively. Similarly the life cycle was arranged. Therefore creation of sin originally by the Lord shows only the infinite kindness of the Lord for His children.

Even if you have done two sins continuously, He is not giving the results of those two sins subsequently. In between these two sins a sweet result of good deed is penetrated so that the whole life cycle is an alternative arrangement of sweet and hot dishes i.e., results of good deeds and bad deeds. Such arrangement also shows the infinite kindness of the Lord for His children.

But what are you doing? You are pestering the God by showing false love through words (prayers) and mind (devotion) for removing the chilies and for getting sweets continuously. Since your love is not true, the Lord will not interfere with the theory of Karma, which says that one must enjoy the results of good and bad deeds. Therefore when you are pestering the Lord He is bringing the sweets from your future cycles as pre-matured fixed deposits with reduced values.

He is postponing your present chilies to the future cycles with added interests. Therefore as you are passing through the life cycles you are slowly entering such life cycles in which you are finding many number of chilies and less number of sweets. Remember that your future cycles are going to be full of chilies only without a single sweet.

In such life cycles the Lord cannot help you even if you cry to any extent. Then you are loosing your faith in the Lord and you will do sins only in such life cycles. Such sins will create further life cycles full of chilies only. Like this a chain reaction is set up and there is no end for such cycles of chilies and finally you will be born as a worm in drainage, which continuously undergoes misery only.

By doing rituals and doing certain worships and donations as suggested by astrologers, your sin is not cancelled and you will not get the fruit of a good deed, which was not done by you. These rituals suggested by priests and astrologers are of two types. 1) Trying to please the Lord by prayers (words) and devotion or meditation (mind). This type resembles the path of a prostitute who tries to please a person by words and feelings only to get some fruit from that person practically.

2) Trying to please the Lord by sacrificing work (Karma Sanyasa) and by sacrificing fruit of work (Karma Phala Tyaga) for getting some fruit from the Lord in return. This is the type of business of a merchant in which you give something and take something in return. In both these ways your future sweets are only brought to this life cycle and your present chilies are pushed to your future life cycles, because your love in these two ways is completely false.
03-13-2009, 06:44 PM
(02-28-2009 02:23 PM)romor24 Wrote:  Ok. Now I have another question...

If God created Lucifer, which evil started in, then how did the evil come about in him?

> = created

God > Lucifer > Evil > Sin

That is what im getting from what you said (correct me if thats not what im supposed to be looking at)

But nothing can start on its own.... everything has a beginning to it (God). So God created Lucifer, who had evil within him.

> = created

God > Lucifer + Evil > Sin

The Israelites always did evil in the eyes of the Lord. But creating evil, which started sin, would be a sin (evil in the eyes of the Lord)
Ok if i read what i said above ^^^^ I would be really confused, so heres another chart...

> = Created

God > Lucifer + Evil > Sin > Isrealites doing evil in the eyes of the Lord (God)

Go here for another forum that i asked the same question:
http://christianforums.com/showthread.ph...st50852847

Im not trying to disprove Christianity. I am just really confused, so I need someone to help me clear this up...

EDIT:

Ok the other forums cleared it up for me...
Thanks for the help ( I quoted you by the way) Big Grin

Hello, gald to see someone helped you. in my eyes
God cannot sin as there no higher law then God. but do God know evil yes He does. the freewill of good and evil knowleadge not the sins. pure love in freewill of man.
05-20-2009, 02:25 PM
I don't believe in Evil
05-20-2009, 02:28 PM
I think evil is a convenient term that we use to describe certain things. But to me, it's nothing more than a synonym for "behavior which I find to be reprehensible and against societal morality."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)