Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Hinduism the only Faith to Offer Pain & Suffering? AKA Life?
09-13-2017, 06:34 PM
Is Hinduism the only Faith to Offer Pain & Suffering? AKA Life?
I guess the title says it all - is Hinduism the only faith to offer life? Real life?
Heaven is a fantasy, a dream
It is a Metaphor for the womb, childhood, the nest and the past
Whereas Reincarnation stands for Life, Adulthood, leaving the nest & the Future
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2017, 11:13 AM
RE: Is Hinduism the only Faith to Offer Pain & Suffering? AKA Life?
(09-13-2017 06:34 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  I guess the title says it all - is Hinduism the only faith to offer life? Real life?

But Hinduism also talks about heaven in the Mahabharatha, and about astral worlds in 'The autobiography of a yogi' by Paramahamsa Yogananda.

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole
09-28-2017, 01:12 PM
Humanism.

"You die, and then you stop existing. Which will be exactly like what it was like for you before you were born."

When people ask me if I've found Jesus, I usually tell them they should look the last place they put him.
09-28-2017, 02:44 PM
(09-28-2017 01:12 PM)Alexa Wrote:  Humanism.

"You die, and then you stop existing. Which will be exactly like what it was like for you before you were born."

"...so make the very best of the only life you have while you're here".

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
09-28-2017, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2017 03:51 PM by Imprecise Interrupt.)
(09-28-2017 02:44 PM)The_Squid Wrote:  

Your only immortality is the waves of influence you set loose in the world while alive. Those waves and the waves of others that they interact with will go on forever. Try to make them positive ones and not negative.

Try to make your influence on the world such that, if by extraordinary chance you get to see it in some kind of afterlife, you can be happy with what you did.

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
09-29-2017, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2017 12:45 PM by Satyros.)
Nope. Heathenry is very much about living this life to the fullest. The only difference is that we don't "offer" life; it's yours to take.

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-29-2017, 12:44 PM
(09-28-2017 03:46 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  Try to make your influence on the world such that, if by extraordinary chance you get to see it in some kind of afterlife, you can be happy with what you did.

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"- Maximus Decimus Meridius

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
10-06-2017, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 08:54 PM by RamaRaksha.)
(09-28-2017 11:13 AM)ajay0 Wrote:  
(09-13-2017 06:34 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  I guess the title says it all - is Hinduism the only faith to offer life? Real life?

But Hinduism also talks about heaven in the Mahabharatha, and about astral worlds in 'The autobiography of a yogi' by Paramahamsa Yogananda.

I don't believe in astral worlds - to me they are right here - we come back as a different life form that's all - for a dog or a cat the world is totally different
As for Heaven in Mahabharata - i have always found it strange that we live in Heaven for a "little while" - what is this little while? Could it be again, coming back in a different life form - a bug for example -a bug does not live long or a cat or dog

Finally Life comes with pain & suffering - in fact, life STARTS with pain and suffering. So those religions that say one can go away to heaven where there is no more pain or suffering are offering Death & Hinduism by saying come back, choose Reincarnation, is offering Life. Real Life that is

(09-28-2017 03:46 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  
(09-28-2017 02:44 PM)The_Squid Wrote:  

Your only immortality is the waves of influence you set loose in the world while alive. Those waves and the waves of others that they interact with will go on forever. Try to make them positive ones and not negative.
Try to make your influence on the world such that, if by extraordinary chance you get to see it in some kind of afterlife, you can be happy with what you did.
Or maybe you could choose to come back and continue the good work? Why stop with just one life? If you are going to live in some magic land in the sky, why not choose to do it down here? Here it is not so pleasant? here, you will have to work? Stand on one's own two feet? Whereas in magic land there will be nothing to do, just sit back and enjoy cozy retirement?
10-06-2017, 09:07 PM
(10-06-2017 08:52 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  Whereas in magic land there will be nothing to do, just sit back and enjoy cozy retirement?

Isn't that often the goal for the world here? The end-goal for even Hinduism? I wouldn't be so critical of what others believe waits beyond Deaths' Veil, for who truly knows?

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2017, 09:17 PM
(10-06-2017 09:07 PM)Satyros Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 08:52 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  Whereas in magic land there will be nothing to do, just sit back and enjoy cozy retirement?
Isn't that often the goal for the world here? The end-goal for even Hinduism? I wouldn't be so critical of what others believe waits beyond Deaths' Veil, for who truly knows?

No, the goal of Hinduism is Moksha - we are to become Gods! We want what the Buddha got - that is the path we are on. Buddhists focus on his teachings, we focus on his doings. Have you read Nietzsche? The only guy who seems to have understood what Hinduism was saying. Amazing!

What you say, does that make sense? Are there billions of people right now sitting in heaven doing nothing? Just taking it easy - a vast retirement home? For eternity? Does that make any sort of sense? God keeps billions of people in a useless existence for eternity?

Isn't that sort of like saying "I am tired of my job, the boss is horrible, the work is hard, i will quit and go away to the next country, where this rich guy will give me the keys to his penthouse, let me eat his food, drink his beer & give me money for expenses!"? Do you see any rich guy doing that?

Heaven is a fantasy, a ponzi-scheme - only Life is real, only this world is real and that is what Reincarnation is trying to say

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hinduism Facts | Definition of Hinduism - Myselfhindu shreydigitalmarketer 3 214 09-10-2017 11:35 PM
Last Post: The_Squid
  The Eighteen Source Causes of Life's Pain ivysunday 4 221 07-07-2017 09:45 AM
Last Post: Caesar Saladin
  DIVINE JUSTICE AND COMPASSION:An account of human suffering and pain Qidreel 7 403 04-06-2017 09:45 AM
Last Post: Caesar Saladin
  ★★ new CULT ★★: "NON-BELIEFISM" aka "unlock'd" NonBeliefism 121 8,682 01-12-2017 10:46 PM
Last Post: FactMan
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, ralo 58 3,356 09-14-2016 11:21 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  Why pain and suffering? surrendersacrifice 55 3,761 01-02-2015 05:48 PM
Last Post: Huitaca
  Why Judgement takes long with so much suffering: Californiadead 12 1,325 08-23-2014 02:13 AM
Last Post: mustang_guy
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Jaya Jagannath 7 1,476 10-20-2013 11:04 PM
Last Post: Huitaca
  The Devil's a Scapegoat, Jesus is a sacrificial Lamb? Oh the pain...... Azrael17 12 1,425 04-09-2013 04:32 PM
Last Post: Visqueen
  Personal faith and life transforming spirituality kloepp 7 1,241 01-15-2013 04:16 PM
Last Post: StarStuff

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)