Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Is Islam a Religion of Hatred?
06-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Is Islam a Religion of Hatred?
I'm not going to say anything until I get a few responses. For now I would just like to ask the question:

Is Islam a religion of hatred? If so, why? If not, why?

We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2010, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2010 10:07 AM by kevlar.)
RE: Is Islam a Religion of Hatred?
Obviously not.............there are approx. 1.5 billion peaceful, loving Muslims currently living on this planet.
I rest my case Smile

????????????????
06-03-2010, 11:50 AM
(06-03-2010 09:42 AM)Secular Hobbit Wrote:  I'm not going to say anything until I get a few responses. For now I would just like to ask the question:

Is Islam a religion of hatred? If so, why? If not, why?

It depends on your definition of hatred.

It is certainly a religion of exclusivity, (i.e. if you are not with me, you are against me). The Quran is very specific on how it views believers versus non-believers (infidels). And, as is also the case with Christianity, a literal interpretation of holy scripture can be used to justify all manner of violence and brutality.

I suspect that most (or many?) Muslims don't get weighed down with the dogma, but on the flip side, they also seem to remain silent when they are challenged with those parts of the Quran that seem to condone, even encourage, conversion of non-believers at the point of a sword (or bombs).

It almost seems like Islam has backed itself into a corner with regard to the Quran. They claim it is the last, true, holy book to be delivered to man by Allah, so anything other than a literal interpretation must be an incorrect interpretation. So how can Islam co-exist with other beliefs and other faiths? To do so would be an offense to Islam, and specifically would break the covenent with Allah. It's a no-win situation.

Perhaps one of our Muslim brothers could clear this up? I would be very interested to hear a very specific explanation.
06-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Every Muslim I've ever met so far and that's quite a few now have been nice people. I think Islam just needs to go through a Reformation to move beyond Muhammad's 7th century ideas, you know, like Judaism got Christianity to move Jews forward in ethical behavior. Of course the Jews as a whole resisted the moral upgrading but then Christianity blossomed like no other organized religion before. Muslims are missing an opportunity to establish a real religion of peace where people "surrender to God as peace", the peace part in the meaning of surrendering to the will of God left out by Muhammad but now needing to be established more than ever.
06-03-2010, 04:29 PM
(06-03-2010 03:07 PM)biomystic Wrote:  Every Muslim I've ever met so far and that's quite a few now have been nice people. I think Islam just needs to go through a Reformation to move beyond Muhammad's 7th century ideas, you know, like Judaism got Christianity to move Jews forward in ethical behavior. Of course the Jews as a whole resisted the moral upgrading but then Christianity blossomed like no other organized religion before. Muslims are missing an opportunity to establish a real religion of peace where people "surrender to God as peace", the peace part in the meaning of surrendering to the will of God left out by Muhammad but now needing to be established more than ever.

Agreed. The only problems I see with that is, in order to go throught the reformation you speak of, they will have to re-interpret the Quran. Because they insist the Quran is without error, that's going to be a big hoop to jump through.
06-03-2010, 11:29 PM
The truth is nothing short of depressing; depressing since we have so far to go to solve the clear problems with Afghanistan and Pakistan and Iran and Iraq and the rest of it. I believe we truly are at war with Islam, and I feel Islam is the most evil force on the planet regardless of the percentage of its adherents whom engage in "terrorist" behaviour. The fact that "moderate" Muslims agree that the word of Allah can not be redefined or altered means that moderates are just as much a part of the problem as the extremists. And not only is it the moderate Islamists that are the issue here, it's the moderate, politically correct society and political landscape we find ourselves in. We pander to Islam and give it a special pass. It's nobody's right to implement religion as a means to justify egregious behaviour, yet when it comes to Islam we turn a blind eye. We're afraid, that's the reason why. We're afraid that rustling the wrong Islamic feathers could lead to the next Jihad.

We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake
06-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Quote:It is certainly a religion of exclusivity, (i.e. if you are not with me, you are against me).
u remind me with Gorge Bush... Smile and i'll remind u with the example that when Islam came to christian Egypt which was controlled by christain romans who tortured them savagely till Islam came and set them free!!!
Quran said:{And argue not with the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), unless it be in (a way) that is better (with good words and in good manner, inviting them to Islâmic Monotheism with His Verses), except with such of them as do wrong, and say (to them): "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you; our Ilâh (God) and your Ilâh (God) is One (i.e. Allâh), and to Him we have submitted (as Muslims)." (46)}"
I think those words should correct ur wrong information which u have!!
Quote: conversion of non-believers at the point of a sword (or bombs).
oh, really!!... did muslim set up an Inquisition for non muslim in spain when they came to it??? did u hear it ever before....i think history testify for Islam its noble aim!!!
btw, how the biggest muslim country Indonesia became a muslim ??? under the point of sowrd??? or thouthands of daily converters to Islam all over the world???????????
i hope u can correct ur information again
salam

For every evil under the sun, there is a remedy or there is non.
if there's one, try to find it. if there's none, never mind it!
06-04-2010, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2010 05:55 AM by Phill.)
I hear all the time that Islam Is a religion of peace...from Muslims of course.

This had lead me to the conclusion that this peace is only obtained once you become a Muslim. Until such time that one becomes a Muslim, there is no peace. It is really as simple as that.

There is no peace for the un-believer...EVER, which is why there will never be peace in the world while Islam exists. And you can take that to the bank.
06-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Read the islamic history or the biography of the prophet , may u know that peace!

For every evil under the sun, there is a remedy or there is non.
if there's one, try to find it. if there's none, never mind it!
06-04-2010, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2010 06:56 AM by digipixel.)
(06-04-2010 02:54 AM)sesame Wrote:  
Quote:It is certainly a religion of exclusivity, (i.e. if you are not with me, you are against me).
u remind me with Gorge Bush... Smile and i'll remind u with the example that when Islam came to christian Egypt which was controlled by christain romans who tortured them savagely till Islam came and set them free!!!
Quran said:{And argue not with the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), unless it be in (a way) that is better (with good words and in good manner, inviting them to Islâmic Monotheism with His Verses), except with such of them as do wrong, and say (to them): "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you; our Ilâh (God) and your Ilâh (God) is One (i.e. Allâh), and to Him we have submitted (as Muslims)." (46)}"
I think those words should correct ur wrong information which u have!!
Quote: conversion of non-believers at the point of a sword (or bombs).
oh, really!!... did muslim set up an Inquisition for non muslim in spain when they came to it??? did u hear it ever before....i think history testify for Islam its noble aim!!!
btw, how the biggest muslim country Indonesia became a muslim ??? under the point of sowrd??? or thouthands of daily converters to Islam all over the world???????????
i hope u can correct ur information again
salam

sesame, first, do not compare me with George Bush. I hated the man. He was a cowboy and a loner and did not speak for me or for my beliefs. I was glad when his term was over and I believe he led America poorly.

sesame you are also entirely correct to point out the failings of Christianity -- the crusades, the inquisitions, and all of the other atrocites commited in the name of religion.

And it is easy to cherry pick scripture, either in the Bible or the Quran to make a point to support an argument, but we both know that the ultimate goal of Islam is a total conversion of the world to Islam, leading ultimately to a religious state governed by Islamic law. This is impossible and will never happen, but theoretically speaking, if it did, we would end up with something worse than George Bush - a government with both religious and political power. You see, that was part of the problem with George Bush. He let his religious beliefs guide his political actions, and that's a disasterous combination.

Okay, so I freely admit that Christianity did all of the bad things that you said, but I still have not heard a response to my question.

Can Islam coexist with Christians, Jews, Buddhists, and Mormons, peacefully, even if Islam is the majority religion?

After Muslims have politely invited those other religions to join in worshiping Allah, and they politlely refuse, would they be allowed to practice their own religions in peace?

Can you quote a scripture from the Quran that says this is perfectly acceptable in the eyes of Allah?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why is Islam (Muslim) a Religion and Political System? moveez 11 551 03-11-2017 11:58 AM
Last Post: Imprecise Interrupt
  Islam a violent religion? jeager 60 2,523 01-27-2017 02:33 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  If Islam is a good religion why the hell Muslims wanna move to Christian countries? Henrique Aguiar 575 31,981 07-30-2014 03:53 AM
Last Post: Spiggs
  Islam: Is it the barbaric religion? Freethinker 154 10,276 05-24-2014 11:51 PM
Last Post: Cletus Jenkins
  Separation of state and religion in Christianity and Islam mahasn ebn sawresho 2 644 04-16-2014 05:44 AM
Last Post: mahasn ebn sawresho
  The hypocrisy of many Christians who accuse Islam of being a "terrorist" religion TG123 16 1,382 11-04-2013 09:02 AM
Last Post: Last Hope
  Why so many people converts to islam if this is a false religion Isa 59 16,322 07-01-2012 04:17 PM
Last Post: Huitaca
  Islam is a great religion rajakrsna 5 1,285 02-19-2012 05:40 PM
Last Post: Yefet
  The son of Hamas and perspectives Islam's religion PetriFB 1 696 07-16-2011 11:08 AM
Last Post: kevlar
  Qadianis is big threat for religion of Islam shikran 2 1,064 01-06-2011 09:15 AM
Last Post: EqualAtheist

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)