Poll: Is Jesus God ((or)) son of God
God
Son of God
Both
Prophit
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Jesus God ((or)) son of God
09-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2011, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2011 09:45 AM by kevlar.)
RE: Is Jesus God ((or)) son of God
All of the above. You must stop believing what Muhammad wrote, he didn't know.

????????????????
Find all posts by this user
09-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Difficult question. God said about Jesus "This is my only begotten son", so Jesus was definitely the Son of God according to scriptures. Scriptures also say he was made a little less than the Angels in his human form. After his death and resurrected the disciples worshipped him which indicates a change in status since only God is worthy of worship. Everything was put under Jesus so Jesus is Lord. But I think there is a difference between Jesus, God the Father and the Holy Spirit.
09-14-2011, 04:42 PM
There's no "none of the above" or "a made up story".

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence - Me
09-14-2011, 05:06 PM
There is no NO option. I am under the opinion (as many others are) that Jesus never actually said I am God or even THE Son of God. I think he said I am a son of God, but so are all humans. Then again I assume this being in the Catholic section, there wouldn't be that option.
09-14-2011, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2011 06:02 PM by Edward.)
God the Father said "This is my only begotten son of whom I am well pleased". So you have to look at what is the difference between a begotten son and any other son. Like a similarity is Abraham had many sons but his one son Isaac he describes as his only begotten son.

Hebrews 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was offering up his only begotten son;

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever
believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. ...

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which
is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. ...
09-15-2011, 12:51 AM
The rebuttle for this can be answered a few different ways.

While no one dissagrees Jesus was an amazing man and that there were several miracles that happened in his time... The easiest rebuttle for the specific passages is that we are all children of God. You are his son and I am his daughter. In the sense that we are the creations.

the best quoted text for proving that Jesus is actually the son of God would to have used the various passages that call him Lord. However in the time in which he was born Lord was a common used term of respect. Historians and Religous historians have debated that fact for centuries.
09-15-2011, 01:28 AM
(09-14-2011 06:00 PM)Edward Wrote:  God the Father said "This is my only begotten son of whom I am well pleased". So you have to look at what is the difference between a begotten son and any other son. Like a similarity is Abraham had many sons but his one son Isaac he describes as his only begotten son.

Hebrews 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was offering up his only begotten son;

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever
believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. ...

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which
is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. ...

Exactly. Also I don't think every single version has it written this way. I thought it was only specifically KJV and the New American Standard version.
09-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Jesus addressed God as his father numerous times. I think he is who he said he is.
09-15-2011, 09:08 AM
And I have heard almost everyone (who is catholic) in my family refer to God as Father. as he is the father to us all.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)