Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Is There Evidence God Exists?
01-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Is There Evidence God Exists?
Yes. Allah has sent down miracles, revelations and messengers to give clear proofs He exists and more important, what we should do once we come to this realization.

Allah has sent prophets and messengers with many proofs throughout the ages for people to be able to clearly see with their own eyes and to be able to use their own senses the miracles and proofs pointing to the fact, Allah does in fact, exist.

Miracles of prophets and messengers of Allah have come to people through the ages. Moses (peace be upon him) showed many miracles to pharaoh and to the children of Israel. Plagues, locusts, water turning to blood, his stick becoming a snake, the voice in the burning bush and the parting of the Red Sea are clear miracles for the people of Moses time.

Again, Allah sent Jesus, the son of Mary (peace be upon him) with clear miracles for the people of his time. Speaking from the cradle while still a new born infant, creating birds from clay, curing the sick, giving sight to the blind and even bringing a dead man back to life, were all clear signs to the people to know Jesus (peace be upon him) was a messenger of Allah as was Moses before him.

Muhammad (peace be upon him) was the last and final messenger of Allah, and he was sent to all of mankind. Allah sent him with a number of miracles, not the least of which was the Quran. The predictions and prophecies of Muhammad (peace be upon him) have come true even in this century and the Quran has been used to convince even scientists of the existence of Allah.
[Please visit "Science Proves Allah": Watch video of famous scientists admit Quran is from Allah and even accept Islam]

The Quran is the best of proofs for the existence of Allah and today over one and half billion people memorize and recite from the exact text, in the exact same language it was revealed in; Arabic. More than 10 million Muslims have completely memorized the entire Quran from cover to cover, and can recite it from memory without looking at it.

No one sees or hears Allah, not even the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Nor are we able to use our senses to make some kind of contact with Him. However, we are encouraged in Islam to use our senses and our common sense to recognize this entire universe could not possibly come into existence on its own. Something had to design it all and then put it into motion. This is beyond our ability to do, yet it is something we can understand.

We know from the teachings of Muhammad (peace be upon him) the proofs for the existence of God (Allah) are most obvious to us in our everyday surroundings. Anyone with understanding would quickly acknowledge His existence provided they are not so stubborn as to ignore the obvious evidences right in front of us.

We don't have to see an artist to recognize a painting, correct? So, if we see paintings without seeing artists painting them, in the same way, we can believe Allah created everything without having to see Him (or touch, or hear, etc.).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2010, 10:33 PM
RE: Is There Evidence God Exists?
The requirement of a creation

You say that every painting must have a painter and that this is intrinsically true.

[Image: Mona_Lisa.jpeg]

You are really saying that the painting necessarily requires a painter, because it is just true.

Therefore the same goes for your god. Since you see a world around you there must be a "world-maker".

Thus, by the same logic every thunder requires a thunderer, right?
[Image: Thor.jpg]
Therefore, you believe in Thor as well as Allah, right? Or is the logic fallacious?

Miracles
Every religion in the world claims its miracles, yet none have been verified. How do I know this? Well, there is a man named James Randi who has set forward a challenge. This challenge says that if you can prove that the supernatural exists, you win his prize money (which has reached one million dollars). He only requires the proof that any reasonable person would; scientific proof.

Let me make this as clear as possible: There is no other proof than scientific proof.

Why your arguments are not evidence
The fact that you say there is evidence for something is not evidence of anything. They are merely conjecture and as far as I can tell they have no merit in reality at all.

The only reference you pointed to is the Quran, which is just the same. Conjecture, of a rather outdated specimen indeed. As far as I can tell, the Quran is fiction (a good read, but not true).

The Quran makes bold statements for which there is no evidence nor reference to any.

If you want to believe that there is evidence for a god, sure, have your fun (what you do to your mind is really none of my business). I do however wish to warn you that the same respect as people have for the right to have an opinion, is not the respect that is sanctioned by the belief itself. Therefore, you must be prepared to be met with ridicule when making bold conjecture without substantiation.

Reason, science, knowledge.
01-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Quote:Miracles
Every religion in the world claims its miracles, yet none have been verified. How do I know this? Well, there is a man named James Randi who has set forward a challenge. This challenge says that if you can prove that the supernatural exists, you win his prize money (which has reached one million dollars). He only requires the proof that any reasonable person would; scientific proof.

Let me make this as clear as possible: There is no other proof than scientific proof.

There's a lot of problems with Randi's challenge, including the fact that he refuses to agree to any preliminary test that he does not deem "reasonable" and must, often, be duplicated in his properties.

This means that, as in the case of Vodou, if certain environmental factors must be met, they cannot be met, and therefore, not happen. I say this as I know four groups that were rejected due to environmental requirements for being ridden by the lwa.

Things like a consecrated peristyle, blessed drums, dirt floors, veves, altars -- these are needed to have a fete and a proper testable possession and yet he rejects it. Even going so far as to reject a temporary peristyle built by his contractors on his property was rejected.

I have no problem with the challenge in theory, but the actual implementation necessarily prohibits certain phenomena due to his stipulations. If someone else did it, and handled the preliminary agreements differently, I would be more than glad to use it as evidence, but it is as much a scam as people like Sylvia Browne.
01-10-2010, 02:25 AM
The existence of God cannot be proved or disproved. The Bible says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists and without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith. Then Jesus told him, Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

r4i칩
01-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Andrew, that is nothing but intellectual deception. The general concept of god cannot be completely disproven, but that is true of any general concept. Specific concepts of god can be shown to be highly illogical, and there is countless evidence that god is simply unnecessary to the running of the universe.

I'm going to make this as clear as I possibly can. You would do nothing, absolutely nothing in your life if you relied on 100% certainty. Because you are never, ever, ever 100% certain about anything. Not a single thing. What you do is you reason, you use evidence, and you make a likely choice based on that evidence. If you are good at that, then you make good decisions and generally you benefit. If you are bad at that, your life generally goes to crap.

It remains a mystery to me why people who live otherwise intelligent, rational lives can suddenly put all that aside because apparently god is not bound by the rules of intelligence.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-10-2010, 05:26 PM
(01-10-2010 04:32 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Andrew, that is nothing but intellectual deception. The general concept of god cannot be completely disproven, but that is true of any general concept. Specific concepts of god can be shown to be highly illogical, and there is countless evidence that god is simply unnecessary to the running of the universe.

I'm going to make this as clear as I possibly can. You would do nothing, absolutely nothing in your life if you relied on 100% certainty. Because you are never, ever, ever 100% certain about anything. Not a single thing. What you do is you reason, you use evidence, and you make a likely choice based on that evidence. If you are good at that, then you make good decisions and generally you benefit. If you are bad at that, your life generally goes to crap.

Very well put. You should make this into boiler-plate intro-text for all these types of arguments.

---------------
Not selling anything.
01-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Note: "Proving" God exists is really not our purpose. We are only interested in providing clear statements based on facts and logic and then allow the individual decide for themselves who they would like to believe. There have always been people who believed in the existence of God and there have always been those who have denied in His existence. We must realize there are those who will never believe no matter how much proof or evidence we produce. The reason is some people don't want to believe in a Creator or Sustainer. They would not like to consider one day they will have to answer for their actions and for their refusal to acknowledge their Benefactor to whom they owe their very existence. We come to know it is not so much a matter of us trying to convey our beliefs as it is for them to set aside preconceived prejudices against proper belief. Meaning: this is really a matter of guidance from Above. If they refuse even with evident proofs in front of them, this is not between us and them; it is between them and their Creator. Again, it is not our job to "prove" anything to anyone. We only need to present the facts in truth and allow the listener to make up their own mind.

We just begin with simple logic. When something is right in front of our eyes it is difficult to deny it, right? Asking rhetorical questions can be very helpful in presenting our case. Begin by asking the question; "Can you prove you exist?" Yes, of course you can. You merely use your senses to determine what you can see, hear, feel, smell, taste and you have emotions as well. All of this is a part of your existence. But this is not how we perceive God in Islam. We can look to the things He has created and the way He cares for things and sustains us, to know there is no doubt of His existence.

One approach is to suggest simple yet convincing experiments anyone could comprehend. For instance, say to someone, "Consider this the next time you are looking up at the moon or the stars on a clear night; could you drop a drinking glass on the sidewalk and expect it would hit the ground and on impact it would not shatter, but it would divide up into little small drinking glasses, with iced tea in them? Of course not."

Another example is have them consider what might happen if a tornado came through a junkyard and tore through the old cars; would it leave behind a nice new Mercedes with the engine running and no parts left around? Naturally not.

Or ask someone to consider what it would be like if someone told us about a fast food restaurant operating itself without any people there? The food just cooks itself, files from the kitchen to the table and then when we are done, the dishes jump back the kitchen to wash themselves. This is too crazy for anyone to even think about.

After reflecting on all of the above, how could we look to the universe above us through a telescope or observe the cells in a microscope and then think all of this came about as a result of a "big bang" or some "accident"?
01-10-2010, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2010 11:06 PM by GTseng3.)
(01-10-2010 05:32 PM)qwer99 Wrote:  Note: "Proving" God exists is really not our purpose.

Well it should be! You believe in this guy, is your faith so minuscule that you are afraid to try and prove his existance? How pathetic are the believers who hide behind this argument.

Will you be successful? Well no, but then science hasn't successfully proven with 100% accuracy that gravity exists. We still all stay on the ground. But surely you can produce some evidence, some scientifically acceptable observations and deductions. This insane belief that such things are unnecessary when referring to god is why so few men of intellect give religion any respect. And it is right that they should not. For while men of reason and science must qualify all their statements with proofs, sources, reasoning, logic, and other tools developed over millennia by mankind for the express purpose of finding objective truth, you sit there screaming in a loud voice "This is right because I say so and if you had faith you'd understand that!" A highly subjective claim that has absolutely nothing to tether it to the truth.

Mankind is incredibly fallible, prone to unreason, and remarkably foolish. Reason, science, and logic are tools we have developed to compensate for these tendencies. Religion revels in them, while pretending they do not exist.

Quote:We are only interested in providing clear statements based on facts and logic and then allow the individual decide for themselves who they would like to believe.

If you would actually do that then I would commend and support you in your effort.

Quote:There have always been people who believed in the existence of God and there have always been those who have denied in His existence. We must realize there are those who will never believe no matter how much proof or evidence we produce.

But that is not who we are talking about. We are talking about people who believe based on proof, evidence, and logical discussion. We are talking about the rational and the reasonable. I became an atheist because Christianity was unsustainable for a rational mind. If that changes, if evidence can be brought that shows otherwise, then I will re-analyze and adjust my conclusions. That is what men of reason do.

I am still waiting to see this proof and evidence.

Quote:The reason is some people don't want to believe in a Creator or Sustainer. They would not like to consider one day they will have to answer for their actions and for their refusal to acknowledge their Benefactor to whom they owe their very existence.

A poor analysis that is bandied about by the unreasonable so that they may avoid facing the truth that their dogma has no evidence, no proof, and no support behind it. It is all the more insidious because it assumes a lack of moral responsibility on behalf of the reasonable, which given the history of humanity is quite the opposite from the truth. Historically the reasonable are moral, while the religious are vile. While there are exceptions to these generalities, you certainly cannot honestly generalize the reverse as your specious claim implies.

Quote:We come to know it is not so much a matter of us trying to convey our beliefs as it is for them to set aside preconceived prejudices against proper belief. Meaning: this is really a matter of guidance from Above.

Many times in these forums I have given a large number of evidences that I would take as signs of god, forcing me to re-analyze my conclusions. I have expressed this both in the positive (evidences that would force me to reconsider the possibility of god,) and the negative (evidences that would force me to abandon the theories of evolution, abiogenesis, and cosmogony that make atheism so perfectly rational). The list is very large, and also open-ended, i.e., I would be willing to accept evidences not on the list.

What evidences would you accept as proof that atheism was correct, or that your religion was wrong? If you cannot provide a rational list, then it is yourself, and not I, that needs to set aside their preconceived prejudices.

Quote:If they refuse even with evident proofs in front of them, this is not between us and them; it is between them and their Creator. Again, it is not our job to "prove" anything to anyone. We only need to present the facts in truth and allow the listener to make up their own mind.

What a foolish cop-out this is. No, it is not your job to "prove" this. It is not your job to do anything. You don't have a job. You have never received instructions from on-high or down below. Your only "job" is whatever temporal activity keeps you occupied and pays your salary.

What evident proofs do you speak of? What scientific and reasonable observations do you have to support your theories? What positive evidence do you have for your particular god?
Quote:We just begin with simple logic. When something is right in front of our eyes it is difficult to deny it, right? Asking rhetorical questions can be very helpful in presenting our case. Begin by asking the question; "Can you prove you exist?" Yes, of course you can. You merely use your senses to determine what you can see, hear, feel, smell, taste and you have emotions as well. All of this is a part of your existence. But this is not how we perceive God in Islam. We can look to the things He has created and the way He cares for things and sustains us, to know there is no doubt of His existence.

How? How is there no doubt? Because I tell you now, there is doubt that the world is sustained by a supernatural force. There is no evidence of such a supernatural force. There is no evidence that anything outside of natural cosmic forces shapes and maintains the universe. You seem to think that simply because this world is beautiful, it must be a product of the divine. Yet the most beautiful kitten on the planet is the result of competition between millions of sperm and a single egg, a combination that could have come out any other way, through a biological process that is incredibly well understood. There is no god in beauty, there is no god in wonder. Beauty and wonder exist independently of the need for fairy tales.

Again, what proof do you have of any of this?

Quote:One approach is to suggest simple yet convincing experiments anyone could comprehend. For instance, say to someone, "Consider this the next time you are looking up at the moon or the stars on a clear night; could you drop a drinking glass on the sidewalk and expect it would hit the ground and on impact it would not shatter, but it would divide up into little small drinking glasses, with iced tea in them? Of course not."

And what does this have to do with your ideas of a god? If the drinking glass did divide up into little small drinking glasses, that would be a miracle and evidence for god. But that does not happen. Indeed, you could drop a million drinking glasses and receive pretty much the same results for each one. No miracles. No aberrations. No unexplainable phenomenon. Nothing supernatural about them. No evidence for god.

Quote:Another example is have them consider what might happen if a tornado came through a junkyard and tore through the old cars; would it leave behind a nice new Mercedes with the engine running and no parts left around? Naturally not.

Ah, I see now. Ken Ham, noted Christian Creationist at the Creation Research Institute, which has often been caught on many matters of deliberate deception, lies, and fraud, likes to use this example a lot. Quite frankly, no scientist in the entire world claims this is how the universe began, or how life began. This is a false argument, a lie told to dupe the credulous. Actual scientists understand that the big bang was an incredibly complex event, and that nothing so complex as a Mercedes was formed. The only things formed after the big bang are things that form naturally from released gases and matter - stars. We've observed stars forming even now via the same methods. So... this happens. We've observed it directly, in the Eagle Nebula and many other places in the universe. This is not evidence. It is a false allegory, a strawman argument that holds no water.
Quote:Or ask someone to consider what it would be like if someone told us about a fast food restaurant operating itself without any people there? The food just cooks itself, files from the kitchen to the table and then when we are done, the dishes jump back the kitchen to wash themselves. This is too crazy for anyone to even think about.

And yet it could be easily proven wrong. You could go to the fast food restaurant, and look in the kitchen. If you saw staff there, you would know the person is a lunatic. But if you did not see staff there, if there was no evidence of any staff, and if the entire restaurant appeared to be automated without a living soul within, then you would have to come to the conclusion that it was an automated fast food restaurant.

That is logic. That is reason. Again you use a false analogy. We do not assume a restaurant is staffed because all restaurants must be staffed. We assume a restaurant is staffed because we can look into the kitchen and see the staff. We can do a little research and learn about the author of a book, or a car manufacturer, or a yo-yo maker. But what about the universe? The universe has no evidence of a creator. The universe has no evidence of an invisible supernatural figure. The universe has no evidence of any of these things. Why then should we assume the universe has such a thing? The universe is not a book, it is not a car, it is not a restaurant. It operates on laws that make everything work automatically and predictably, without variation on a fundamental level.

Again, you use a strawman argument that does not hold water.

Quote:After reflecting on all of the above, how could we look to the universe above us through a telescope or observe the cells in a microscope and then think all of this came about as a result of a "big bang" or some "accident"?

First, the big bang was no accident. It, like all the stages of the universe, was an inevitable part of natural law. It happens because that is the way physics works. Second, we look to the universe and believe a big bang because we are reasonable people. When we look to the stars we do not see angels. We do not see god. We do not see magic. But what we do see is Microwave Background Radiation, which has been observed time and again and which has fit, precisely, the predicted pattern that we would expect from a big bang. We accept the big bang because when we look to the stars, we see evidence of the big bang. We see an expanding universe, the remnants of that great cataclysm, and its continuing effects.

We accept the big bang theory, and abiogenesis, and evolution, because that is what we see when we look at the universe. Because while you are rambling on about breaking tea glasses, and tornadoes in junkyards, and automatic fast food restaurants, men of reason and science are actually making observations and running experiments to learn the truth.

That is why we accept science. That is why we reject god.

You have no evidence for god. None at all. No evidence, no proof, no god.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-11-2010, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2010 07:56 PM by qwer99.)
Both the Bible and the Quran tell us God has always existed and there never was a time He did not exit. As such, He is the Eternal, without beginning and without end. He is the only creator and sustainer of all that exists and nothing and no one exists alongside Him, nor does He have any partners. He tells us, He is not created, nor is He like His creation in anyway. He calls Himself by a number of names and three of them are:

The First - (Al-Awal)
The Last - (Al Akhir)
The Eternal and the One who is sought after by His creation, while He has no need from them at all. (As-Samad)
He is not a man and He has no progeny or offspring.
He is not what He creates nor is He compared to it.

He always has existed and He never was created, as He is not like His creation, nor similar to it, in any way.
The prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) explained the devil would come to a person and ask them questions about creation; "Who created this or that?" to which the reply would be; "Allah" until he would ask; "Who created Allah?" At this stage the prophet advised us to drop this train of thought. Obviously, God - the real God, must be eternal and not have to be created.

The Quran tells us:
Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (There is no god to worship except Him), the Ever Living, the Sustainer and Protector of all that exists. He doesn't get tired and He doesn't sleep. Everything in the universe belongs to Him. Who then, could intercede between Him and his creatures without His Permission? He Knows everything about them and they have no knowledge except as He wills. His kursi (stool or chair) extends over the entire universe and He doesn't get tired of guarding and preserving it. He is Most High, the Most Great.
[This Verse is called Ayat-ul-Kursi.] [Noble Quran 2:255]

This verse truly presents the comprehensive representation of God in a way without trying to define Him by comparing Him to His creation, but rather as being the Absolute in all of His Attributes and Characteristics
Allah says in His Quran He did not create all of this for any foolish purpose. Allah Says:

And I did not Create the jinn and humans except they should worship Me.[Noble Quran 51:56]

He created us for the purpose of worshiping Him, Alone and without any partners.

And He it is Who has created the heavens and the earth in six Days and His Throne was on the water, that He might try you, which of you is the best in deeds. But if you were to say to them: "You shall indeed be raised up after death," those who disbelieve would be sure to say, "This is nothing but obvious magic." [Noble Quran 11:7]

Allah has created all we call the universe as a test for us. This is not our final destination. What we might consider to be "bad" or "good" could actually be quite the opposite
Muslims have something

Miracles Quran

The Quran is a Divine Miracle of Literature [Prophesy - Science - Warnings - Wisdom - Truths]...and it has been Preserved 100% In the Original Language - for over 1,400 years!
The Quran is Wisdom Conclusive.

It neither condemns nor tortures the flesh nor does it neglect the soul.
It does not humanize God, nor does it deify man.
Everything is carefully placed where it belongs in the total scheme of creation.

Yet it obviously is not written in human style (chronological order). Those who would claim that the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was the author of the Quran are claiming something that is humanly impossible.

How could any person of the 7th century utter such scientific truths as those found in the Quran?
Could he describe the evolution of the embryo inside the uterus so accurately as we find it now recorded in modern science?
[See: Dr. Keith Moore's book - on embryology]

Secondly, is it logical to believe that Muhammad (peace be upon him) who up to the age of forty was marked only for his honesty and integrity, began all of a sudden the authorship of a book matchless in literary merit and the equivalent of which the whole legion of the Arab poets and orators of the highest caliber could not produce?

And lastly, is it justified to say that Muhammad (peace be upon him) who was known as "Al-Ameen" (trustworthy) in his society and who is still admired by the non-Muslim scholars for his honesty, would lie about receiving the Quran (which forbids lying) from the Angel Gabriel and then still be able to establish the best human society on the face of the earth, based on truth?

Surely, any sincere and unbiased searcher of truth must come to the conclusion that the Quran is the revealed Book of Almighty Allah.

Readers can easily see how the modern world is coming closer to reality regarding the truth of the Quran.
We appeal to all open minded scholars to study the Quran in the light of the aforementioned points.
We invite all to challenge the validity and accuracy of the sciences known to man today and keep in mind that this is the EXACT TEXT used by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) over one thousand four hundred years ago
We are sure that any such attempt will convince the reader that the Quran could never have been written by any human being ever.

that offers the clearest proof of all - The Holy Quran. There is no other book like it anywhere on earth. It is absolutely perfect in the Arabic language. It has no mistakes in grammar, meanings or context. The scientific evidences are well known around the entire world, even amongst non-Muslim scholars. Predictions in the Quran have come true; and its teachings are clearly for all people, all places and all times.

Surprisingly enough, the Quran itself provides us with the test of authenticity and offers challenges against itself to prove its veracity. Allah tells us in the Quran:

Haven't the unbelievers considered if this was from other than Allah, they would find within it many contradictions?
[Noble Quran 4:82]

Another amazing challenge from Allah's Book:

If you are in doubt about it, bring a chapter like it.
[Noble Quran 2:23]

And Allah challenges us with:

Bring ten chapters like it.[Noble Quran 11:13]

And finally:

Bring one chapter like it.[Noble Quran 10:38]
No one has been able to produce a book like it, nor ten chapters like it, nor even one chapter like it. It was memorized by thousands of people during the lifetime of Muhammad (peace be upon him) and then this memorization was passed down from teacher to student for generation after generation, from mouth to ear and from one nation to another. Today every single Muslim has memorized some part of the Quran in the original Arabic language that it was revealed in over 1,400 years ago, even though most of them are not Arabs. There are over nine million (9,000,000) Muslims living on the earth today who have totally memorized the entire Quran, word for word, and can recite the entire Quran, in Arabic just as Muhammad (peace be upon

him) did 14 centuries ago.

Some of the Magnificent Characteristics of the Quran

Allah has described the Noble Quran with a number of magnificent characteristics of which Ibn Qudamah mentioned eight in points 27 - 30 of Lum'atul-I'tiqad.

They are as follows:

That it is clear (mubin) and makes clear the laws and reports which it contains.

That it is Allah's firm rope (Hablullah), that is, it is the solid contract which Allah made a reason for reaching Himself and the attainment of success by His Grace.

That it consists of distinct chapters (muhkamat), each distinct from the other, perfected and preserved from any flaws or contradictions.

That it consists of clear verses (ayat bayyinat) which are clear and obvious signs indicating Allah's unique unity, the perfection of His attributes, and the goodness of His laws.

That it contains clear and obscure verses (ayat muhkamat wa mutashabihat); the clear being that whose meaning is clear and the obscure being those whose meaning is hidden. And this does not contradict point number three above because the clarity there refers to perfection and protection from flaws and contradiction, while here it refers to clarity of meaning. If the obscure is referred back to the clear, all of it will become clear.

That it is the truth (haqq) that cannot be affected by falsehood from any direction.

That it is free from its description by the disbelievers as being poetry, magic or human speech.

That it is a miracle that no one can imitate even with the help of others
The Quran is a book which provides the human being the spiritual and intellectual nourishment he/she craves. Its major themes include the oneness of God, the purpose of human existence, faith and God-consciousness, the Hereafter and its significance. The Quran also lays a heavy emphasis upon reason and understanding. In these spheres of human understanding, the Quran goes beyond just satisfying the human intellect; it causes one to reflect on implications. There are Quranic challenges and prophecies. One of the most exciting fields in recent years has been the discovery that, of the significant amount of scientific information in the Quran, including the event of the Big Bang, embryological data, and other information concerning astronomy biology, etc., there is not a single statement that has not been borne out by modern discoveries In short, the Quran fulfills the heart, the soul, and the mind.

Perhaps the best description of the Quran was given by Ali, the cousin of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) when he expounded upon it as,

"The Book of God. In it is the record of what was before you, the judgment of what is among you, and the prophecies of what will come after you. It is decisive, not a case for levity. Whoever is a tyrant and ignores the Quran will be destroyed by God. Whoever seeks guidance from other than it will be misguided. The Quran is the unbreakable bond of connection with God; it is the remembrance full of wisdom and the straight path. The Quran does not become distorted by tongues, nor can it be deviated by caprices; it never dulls from repeated study; scholars will always want more of it. The wonders of the Quran are never ending. Whoever speaks from it will speak the truth, whoever rules with it will be just, and whoever holds fast to it will be guided to the straight path."
[At-Tirmidhi]

The following scientific facts were stated in the Qur'an before 1400 years ago

-The Formation Of The Universe (Big Bang)
-The Expanding Universe
-The Sequence In Development Of Human Organs In The Womb
-Orbits And The Rotating Universe
-The Roundness Of The earth
-Creation From Clay
-The Iron Origin Secret
-Three Dark Stages Of The Baby In The Womb
-The Identity Hidden In The Fingerprint
-Mountains Role
-The Weight Of Clouds
-The Sky That Returns
-The Job of Honeybee Female
-Rain In Measured Amounts
-The Seas not Mingling with One Another

These scientific facts are evidences for future generation to know that Qur'an is (The word of God).

argue that this was the cause of the Big Bang which formed our universe that we are living in today, and the way this dense fireball became this universe was by expanding itself (the Big Bang occuring.)
e to identify the scientific miraculous nature of al-Quran
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_65.html

Finally, this
Site of the Holy Qur'an
I hope
To read

http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/
And here to listenhttp:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-HuYBWhEsM
the Big Bang?

1) There isn't any proof for this, since the 'other' universe is not visible to us - due to the fact that this universe is 'caused' because that one 'contracted' in the first place. Therefore this is simply an opinion, but isn't really backed up with much proof. It's just a hypothesis without any proofs.
01-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Yes, but Wikipedia says:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_bang

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_evol..._synthesis

Which can ultimately lead to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic

or maybe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Good to talk to you, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I have proof God exists! God's_thinker 225 23,264 02-09-2017 11:58 AM
Last Post: PeterPants
  No Proof God Exists sparky13 621 49,042 09-28-2015 08:05 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  Why I dont believe that god exists SimpleQuestions 31 3,520 08-28-2013 01:16 AM
Last Post: Poodle448
  Eyewitness Evidence for God chucknance 14 1,415 11-27-2012 12:34 AM
Last Post: StarStuff
  10 Reasons Why God Exists kateriyan 127 29,724 03-05-2012 07:52 AM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME
  Evidence that God exists success 46 6,669 12-09-2010 02:41 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)