Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is a relative to b.
05-13-2008, 06:03 AM
Is a relative to b.
Hey all, I was thinking about this the other day. And it all makes sense to a certain point. I have a question that I will ask later

This how I form this picture in my mind, in a very broad context.

a relates to b.[ a rt b] This formula is interesting, for instance

1 rt 2 rt 3 rt 4 rt 5 rt 6 rt 7 rt 8........or

existence rt physical world. energy rt substance. substance rt universe. universe rt galaxy. galaxy rt solar system. sloar system rt sun. sun rt earth. earth rt life. life rt environment. environment rt animal. animal rt human. humans rt atoms. atoms rt to substance. substance rt energy.

Can you tell me where the relationship breaks down? All opinions welcomed.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2008, 11:39 AM
RE: Is a relative to b.
your trippin me out

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-Buddha
Find all posts by this user
05-13-2008, 01:16 PM
It seems like you're saying everything's related to everything else.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
05-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Hey all, sorry if its complicated. But if you feel pressure, then you are thinking.

I beleive that everything is related to everything else, it is just the degree of the relation that is important.

For me every rock in the universe is related to every physical being.

Can you tell me where the relationship breaks down?

For the numbers it would be better to write within the context of the formula, as numbers are missing [a relates to b] or [a rt b]

Numbers answer: The break in the relation occurs when you miss some numbers. It should look like this.

-9 rt -8 rt -7 rt -6 rt -5 rt -4 rt -3 rt -2 rt -1 rt 0 rt 1 rt 2 rt 3 rt 4 rt 5 rt 6 rt 7 rt 8 rt 9

(-) refers to the other end of a scale.

Can you tell me where the relationship breaks down within the context of the worded paragraph?

Hint, there is more than one answer.
05-14-2008, 11:15 AM
George Wrote:existence rt physical world. energy rt substance. substance rt universe. universe rt galaxy. galaxy rt solar system. sloar system rt sun. sun rt earth. earth rt life. life rt environment. environment rt animal. animal rt human. humans rt atoms. atoms rt to substance. substance rt energy.

For one, the part in red doesn't connect to the rest.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
05-19-2008, 02:47 AM
If what you're saying is that we are all 'connected,' in a way, or that all things are connected, then you're right, but I'm not entirely sure what the point of bringing it up is. We're all connected to each other through a common origin (big bang) and as such we share an infinte number of connections over nearly fourteen billion years of shared history. The universe is in constant flux, and every action has a reaction which of course ripples through creation. I could create or destroy a black hole thirty billion years hence depending on whether I pass gas to the north or south next tuesday, and how I direct or redirect the flow of atoms in my life. \

I guess what I'm asking here is "what's your point?"
05-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Does a paradox have a point? I asked a question passing to the south, next thursday. Can you tell me where the relationship breaks down?
05-25-2008, 01:17 AM
George Wrote:existence rt physical world. energy rt substance. substance rt universe. universe rt galaxy. galaxy rt solar system. sloar system rt sun. sun rt earth. earth rt life. life rt environment. environment rt animal. animal rt human. humans rt atoms. atoms rt to substance. substance rt energy.

The first set of relationships (existence rt physical world) is not connected to the rest of the sequence. That's where it breaks down, first. Unless that is what you are trying to prove through the cyclical pattern that follows it. Like a statement and then a proof.

In that case the breakdown is in the second relationship (energy rt substance). energy is not more related to substance is it to the lack of substance. In fact energy exists between what substances.

However, energy does relate to the universe, so you could combine relationships 2 (energy rt substance) and 3 (substance rt universe). It does not however prove existence to be related to the physical world.

Asynchronicity
Spiritual Counselor
http://gnosticgnight.blogspot.com/
04-24-2009, 01:17 PM
(05-13-2008 06:03 AM)George Wrote:  Hey all, I was thinking about this the other day. And it all makes sense to a certain point. I have a question that I will ask later

existence rt physical world. energy rt substance. substance rt universe. universe rt galaxy. galaxy rt solar system. sloar system rt sun. sun rt earth. earth rt life. life rt environment. environment rt animal. animal rt human. humans rt atoms. atoms rt to substance. substance rt energy.

existence rt physical world. HERE energy rt substance. substance rt universe. universe rt galaxy. galaxy rt solar system. sloar system rt sun. sun rt earth. earth rt life. life rt environment. environment rt animal. animal rt human. humans rt atoms. atoms rt to substance. substance rt energy.

This answer is based on the numerical example. However, [a rt d] is also true, as is [5 rt 10]. In reality, the relationship never breaks down.
04-24-2009, 05:05 PM
(05-13-2008 06:03 AM)George Wrote:  Hey all, I was thinking about this the other day. And it all makes sense to a certain point. I have a question that I will ask later

Maybe it is my training as a mathematician coming through, but without a tighter definition of "relate" I would say the above was fairly meaningless. Without any definition at all, it would be trivially easy to keep coming up with an ad hoc definition which made A relate to B.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is not relative? theMIDDLEway 11 1,358 11-21-2011 12:45 PM
Last Post: theMIDDLEway

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)