Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is anyone else tired of...
02-02-2009, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2009 05:10 PM by B MAN.)
Is anyone else tired of...
Victimization. i am so tired of it. everyone thinks that everyone else is f***ing them over. there will be many general statements and there are exceptions for every rule...

the blacks complain that "the man" is holding them down and cops always have things against them.

the muslims are always crying about how jews stole their land.

the jews are still [censored] about the the holocaust and hitler.

the christians think that the atheists are trying to kill religion.

the atheists think that theists are trying to push religion on them.

the hispanics think that they are poor because no one wants to hire a mexican.

the whites think that blacks and hispanics get more than them due to affirmitive action.

the chinese still hate the japanese.

the russians still hate the germans, and us, and the muslims.

[these are just general examples of victimization]

i am tired of all of these excuses! if you are poor, you have no one to blame but yourself. if the rich gave all their money to the poor, they would have it all back in 10 years.

if you don't do good in school, the teacher isn't biased toward you, you are either

A) stupid
B) lazy

deal with it!

why can't people just accept failure without making excuses?

if you don't win the game, it is because you are not as good as your opponent; not because the refs hate you.

you are not the victim. if you aren't where you want to be, it is no one's fault but your own. you reap what you sow.

until we reach a point where people actually take responsibility for their actions, this world is going to continue down the same path it has been on for some time...

sorry for the rant. also know that smellycat sparked this rant...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2009, 05:26 PM
RE: Is anyone else tired of...
i have changed myself.guess what still live in the same place,but know i know why.

Good evil salvation
02-02-2009, 06:44 PM
The big question is...ummm do you feel better for getting all that offa yer chest? Wink

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.
02-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Taking responsibility for your actions is exactly where the problem lies. Look at all the namby-pamby shrinks telling parents that they need to tell their kids they're winners, they're the best, they deserve the world on a platter ....

Then they turn around and tell the kids that they should have everything they want handed to them without earning it.

When I was a kid, we kept score. You won some, you lost some. You didn't get a trophy for losing. You didn't get snacks and snow cones on the side lines. You didn't get atta-boys or atta-girls for anything other than pure effort. And even then, you didn't always get one, since hard work and not wasting the coach's time were simply what was expected.

Outside of sports, it was pretty simple: here are the rules, follow them or reap the punishments. No second chances, no more 'chats' about it.

(can anyone tell I'm having issues with my 14 year old slice of heaven?!?)

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
02-03-2009, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2009 10:26 AM by smellycat.)
good job Christ welcomes all us failures.
welcome back alison.

Good evil salvation
02-03-2009, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2009 04:54 PM by B MAN.)
(02-02-2009 06:44 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:  The big question is...ummm do you feel better for getting all that offa yer chest? Wink
yes, yes i do. except for the fact that i pissed off the entire planet, i think that was some healthy venting.
(02-03-2009 10:18 AM)Alison Wrote:  Taking responsibility for your actions is exactly where the problem lies. Look at all the namby-pamby shrinks telling parents that they need to tell their kids they're winners, they're the best, they deserve the world on a platter ....

Then they turn around and tell the kids that they should have everything they want handed to them without earning it.

When I was a kid, we kept score. You won some, you lost some. You didn't get a trophy for losing. You didn't get snacks and snow cones on the side lines. You didn't get atta-boys or atta-girls for anything other than pure effort. And even then, you didn't always get one, since hard work and not wasting the coach's time were simply what was expected.

Outside of sports, it was pretty simple: here are the rules, follow them or reap the punishments. No second chances, no more 'chats' about it.

(can anyone tell I'm having issues with my 14 year old slice of heaven?!?)

exactly how i feel
(02-03-2009 10:24 AM)smellycat Wrote:  good job Christ welcomes all us failures.
welcome back alison.
despite what god welcomes, a failure is a failure is a failure.
02-04-2009, 09:37 AM
(02-03-2009 04:51 PM)B MAN Wrote:  despite what god welcomes, a failure is a failure is a failure.

I have to disagree on this point.

I have failed at many things in my life, but I'm not a failure. Even taking out the faith factor, I've succeeded simply by moving past my failures. Not to mention the things I actually did right the first time.

Look at Thomas Edison. He attempted the light bulb close to a couple thousand times. He didn't fail ... he found a couple thousand ways it didn't work ... but he eventually succeeded.

Failure, to me, is not succeeding and then giving up and not attempting to continue on.

Trite, but true ... if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Big Grin

But ... in today's world ... a little common sense, and a backbone would help many.

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
02-04-2009, 02:58 PM
i see succeess as team work.when people think there better than the team they see the exit door.the biggest one even tried to be God.lol.

Good evil salvation
02-04-2009, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2009 04:48 PM by B MAN.)
(02-04-2009 09:37 AM)Alison Wrote:  
(02-03-2009 04:51 PM)B MAN Wrote:  despite what god welcomes, a failure is a failure is a failure.

I have to disagree on this point.

I have failed at many things in my life, but I'm not a failure. Even taking out the faith factor, I've succeeded simply by moving past my failures. Not to mention the things I actually did right the first time.

Look at Thomas Edison. He attempted the light bulb close to a couple thousand times. He didn't fail ... he found a couple thousand ways it didn't work ... but he eventually succeeded.

Failure, to me, is not succeeding and then giving up and not attempting to continue on.

Trite, but true ... if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Big Grin

But ... in today's world ... a little common sense, and a backbone would help many.
when i said failure, i didn't mean a failure, i meant a person who fails...making him/her a failure.

i didn't mean the act of failing, but the person performing the act
(02-04-2009 02:58 PM)smellycat Wrote:  i see succeess as team work.when people think there better than the team they see the exit door.the biggest one even tried to be God.lol.

one look at the NBA or the NFL will prove that this statement is false.
02-04-2009, 06:02 PM
i said i.my statement is still true,lol.

Good evil salvation

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)