Poll: Is god all-powerful and all-knowing?
Yes (I am Christian)
No (I am Christian)
Yes (I am Muslim)
No (I am Muslim)
Yes (I am Jewish)
No (I am Jewish
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is god all-powerful and all-knowing?
08-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Is god all-powerful and all-knowing?
Just a question for members of the big-three monotheistic sects here. I know that many other religions don't believe got is all-powerful and all-knowing, for atheists or members of those religions, please don't respond.

But of the Christians, Jews, and Muslims on the list . . . I'm just interested to know. Is god all-powerful? Can he do anything at all?

Is god all-knowing? Does he know everything, eye is on the sparrow and all that?

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2009, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2009 08:20 AM by Raphael.)
RE: Is god all-powerful and all-knowing?
Still searching for an answer GT, and a poll might help eh?
The eye of the sparrow is taken from Matthew.

Quote:Chapter 6:26
26 Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

Chapter 10:29-31.
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

archetypal prose? Wink

Jerome who was recognized by the Catholic Church as a canonized saint and Doctor of the Churches suggests that the Gospel According to the Hebrews is the REAL gospel of Matthew.
But it was destroyed?
Why?
Because it was the REAL one?
Who knows...we will never know...unless another copy surfaces one day. Praise

Quote:"If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His" (Romans 8:9). If my eternal destiny depends on me having a Spirit like Christ's, then I must know Him and follow Him in order to be like Him.

Romans 8:9?
Check out my NUMBERS thread where I link 8/9 and 17 to the palm tree of life (Jerusalem was the city of palms) and ASYMMETRY. Wink
Fits rather nicely with that quote from Romans 8:9. Big Grin
http://www.religionforums.org/thread-1168.html

So let me point out that I molded 12 clay sparrows AFTER I had molded 12 clay astrological houses, before I was age 5 too.
Is that a fookin' miracle, does that make me a Jesus too?
Afterall it is damn obvious to me that If my eternal destiny depends on me having a Spirit like Christ's, then I must know Him and follow Him in order to be like Him.

I am obviously closer to the truth than the lost baptist/atheist hybrid soul, like yourself.
Do you want me to help EWE find your way out of the labyrinth GT?
I will bring along Inanna and the '7 mi' as guide.

Stay close, I wouldn't want to lose EWE again.
My 'ignorance is bliSS' world tour...watch for it. Praise
I will be sending sheeple like yourself and Parousia free tickets.

[Image: swastika_collar_of_esses_livery_hans_Holbein.jpg]

The tickets will be shaped like the Collar of SS.

larger image of your ticket:
http://rexcurry.net/swastika_collar_of_e...olbein.jpg
Note the obvious reference to phi/fibonacci/PENTAGRAM (5) the triskele (3) and the 2 portcullis.
Quote:There would often be two portcullises to the main entrance. The one closest to the inside would be closed first and then the one furthest away.

2 and 3 and 5
FIRST 3 PRIME NUMBERS and GOD?
What is the connection GT.
Go ask your math buddy guru parousia.

Latch Key tickets that EWE can hang around your necks so you don't lose them, redeemable right up until the day of judgment. Waving Goodbye

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
09-05-2009, 02:05 PM
yes I think.
09-05-2009, 09:46 PM
No doubt.
In my mind at least
09-06-2009, 06:04 PM
(08-31-2009 06:49 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Just a question for members of the big-three monotheistic sects here. I know that many other religions don't believe got is all-powerful and all-knowing, for atheists or members of those religions, please don't respond.

But of the Christians, Jews, and Muslims on the list . . . I'm just interested to know. Is god all-powerful? Can he do anything at all?

Is god all-knowing? Does he know everything, eye is on the sparrow and all that?

God gave the list of names, birth date & end date, paths of every MAN to Saint Peter therefore knowing before birth and before death is played out, so yes he knows everything in between, A-Z...
09-06-2009, 11:39 PM
(08-31-2009 06:49 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Just a question for members of the big-three monotheistic sects here. I know that many other religions don't believe got is all-powerful and all-knowing, for atheists or members of those religions, please don't respond.

Hearing the word God is meaningful,yet meaningless when one haven't discovered it's true intentions.Follow me is a basic term of continueance of his belief.Or shall I say daily examples of LIFE.Of it's sayings or all reflections of daily life. So,enstead of questioning the above,why not commit oneself do daily life.Purify one heart by not drinking wine.But by acknowledging their guidence,to change one's negative behavior or thinking to positive.Every human is imbalanced,therefor,they seem to have more doubts,questionable thoughts,seeking answers to the other side when ThIS side needs help.[/align]
09-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Yes I think He is. I also find that this takes the pressure off as well. God being all-knowing and all-powerful truly means to me that I do not have to worry or stress.

Passionately Sharing Jesus at http://www.apperson.blogspot.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Excellent. Thank you to everyone who responded to this poll. I was raised fundamentalist Christian, and I've come to realize that a lot of the things they take literally from the bible mainstream christians and muslims simply don't. Now that I'm far more concerned with truth than dogma it is important that I really understand what people believe.

And of the 7 people who responded, it seems everyone is agreed that god is both all-powerful and all-knowing.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
09-09-2009, 01:01 AM
GT,

answering back to your thoughts, like a plate of food your awaiting to be served.
10-02-2009, 03:55 AM
The right answer is not there.

* No, god is fictional and only the most stupid people believe in it.

Fix it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lack of belief in an all powerful god sarahluvscandy 112 6,454 01-12-2013 02:01 AM
Last Post: Ryanm148
  god is really all powerful? InsertUsername 58 4,354 09-26-2012 10:22 PM
Last Post: john amoss
  Hypothetical Questions about All Powerful Azrael17 11 1,396 05-14-2012 05:50 AM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)