Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it logical to use logic in a illogical universe?
10-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Is it logical to use logic in a illogical universe?
I am wondering if logic is a useful tool in deducting things in a universe which possibily is not logical.

http://www.squidoo.com/Godlogicimpossible
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2008, 08:21 AM
RE: Is it logical to use logic in a illogical universe?
mephious Wrote:I am wondering if logic is a useful tool in deducting things in a universe which possibily is not logical.

Yes. Based on the number of seemingly constant laws of physical nature I think it's unwise to assume the universe has *no* logic. The very tangible results produced by the application of these logical observations (you know, science) makes it more likely that the universe is not completely illogical.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
Find all posts by this user
10-09-2008, 06:57 PM
If you look hard enough there is a pattern in everything. Plus if you take everything that we've learned so far through logic, what reason would there be to suddenly stop using it?
10-09-2008, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2008 07:25 PM by God Rocks.)
It seems more likely to me that our logic is flawed than the that the universe isn't logical.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
10-13-2008, 05:34 AM
Yes I think the universe is logical.
11-11-2008, 05:45 PM
I consider logic as just our way of structuring our thoughts in a certain order so that what we experience makes sense. I don't see the universe so much as "logical" as I do "ordered for a purpose".

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."-Darth Vader
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
mephious Wrote:I am wondering if logic is a useful tool in deducting things in a universe which possibily is not logical.

Yes; just because there isn't necessarily a reason or order for some things doesn't mean it can't be used for anything. And anyways, we still have probability for those particularly weird things. Sure, logic will only get us so far, but we might as well get there first before deciding what to do about it.

"The problem with religion is that it's not the invisible guys in the sky telling us how to live, it's their fan clubs. -Unknown"
Warning: If I were a D&D character, my alignment would be Chaotic Lawful. That is all.
12-05-2008, 09:57 PM
are you kidding? logic is all we have. once we give up logic, we might as well be animals
10-26-2009, 08:50 AM
The universe could not be illogical, just not fit in with our defenition fo what is logical.

The person that is truly happy is not the one who gets everything they want, but the one who learns to be happy with what they have.
10-30-2009, 02:40 AM
The universe is Chaos in regards to time and existence.
The universe is Order in regards to Physical Applications such as atomic energy.
Praise
Quantum Stuff is something that is hard to understand.
Praise
The Universe has both Logic and Illogic.
Logic can't exist without Illogic.
Illogic can't exist without Logic.
Praise
Both have their Applications but each is important in understand how Reality actually works.
Praise
"Any thing is possible but that doesn't mean any thing will happen."
Praise
"The Beauty of a Dream is that if it happens it was never a Dream,
The Horror of a Nightmare is that if it happens it was never a Nightmare!"
Praise

Praying

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Deductive and Inductive Logic Achrelos 6 772 12-19-2014 12:27 PM
Last Post: Achrelos
  First bible read, genesis problems/turned into logical/Illogical debate jamesrgg 53 4,693 06-23-2014 06:25 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  Does God Really Exists? yet another Logical/illogical debate mattwalsh 105 8,402 06-10-2014 06:46 PM
Last Post: HiEv
  God - The only question that matters / turned into logical/ Illogical debate Huitaca 347 15,307 06-03-2014 10:49 PM
Last Post: Huitaca
  Logical argument against the existence of a god Odin 98 5,007 03-16-2014 12:51 PM
Last Post: newtreeno
  Creativity & Logic Azrael17 5 1,420 08-17-2010 04:07 AM
Last Post: malinhardly

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)