Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the Quran the word of God?
08-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Is the Quran the word of God?
Challenges:
The Quran gave a challenge to the whole world that if they are so competent they should bring another Quran in the following verse: Produce a Quran like it (17:88)
But so far no one has been able to put up another Quran.

Then Quran lowered the challenge respectively and even then no one put forward his/her version of Quran

Produce 10 Suras like it (11:13)
Produce One Sura like it (10:38)
Produce One Sura somewhat comparable to it (2:23)

Thus is means that it is a Divine word that no human has been able to produce a Quran.

No Contradictions:

Also, Quran is free from any contradictions and this is a proof that it is not coming from a human but from God himself.
"Don't they ponder over the Quran, had it been from anyone besides Allah, they would surely have found therein many contradictions (4:82)

Scientific facts
many...
Science Islam - Scientists Comment on the Quran
miracles of Quran
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2009, 06:43 PM
RE: Is the Quran the word of God?
Um . . . the Bible, the Bagavad Gita (sp?), the Book of Mormon and all its companion works, there have been many books comparable to the Quran.

And there are some contradictions in it too, both to science and to itself.

You cannot just say that there is no other book like it, and that it has no contradictions. It doesn't work like that.

The Quran, like the Bible, puts forth a fanciful story of creation that is at odds with everything we know about science. In addition, the Skeptic's Annotated Quran has listed a number of apparent contradictions (again, the Skeptic's Annotated series is biased, and likely some of these contradictions are not truly contradictions, but as they're the only website with a handy list that I know of, I will continue to quote them on occasion. Just take what they say with a grain of salt.)

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/qu..._name.html

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
08-09-2009, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2009 06:03 AM by derprinz.)
with all respect ; i must say that you are wrong in this one
first
there are no book like Quran
The Arabs of the 6th and 7th centuries CE were masters of the Arabic language
but failed utterly in composing even a few sentences like the Quranic verses.To this day, the challenge has remained unmet, although throughout history and even in modern times, many people have made feeble attempts to do so.

second
the Quran doesn't contain any contradictions
please don't give me a site with many claims
there are a lot of sites like that but they are all wrong claims
if you want, choose something you think it's a contradiction and i will try to reply to it

third
how can u explain scientific miracles in Quran
08-09-2009, 09:31 AM
First:
By what criteria? Arabic poetry is some of the most beautiful in the world. The very language is poetic. By what criteria are the many verses that talk about beauty and truth not like the Quran? And why limit it to Arabic? What about the many verse written in Hebrew, or Hindi, or Mandarin, or Japanese? Or hey, even English? What criteria are you using to judge, because quite honestly I'd say Thoreau was, in fact, superior to the Quran in most respects.

Second:
That's quite a statement considering. So the Quran contains no contradictions because you say so?
Here, I found a website that goes into far more detail than the SAQ.
http://answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/
And here, a list of just eleven, very clearly spelled out. Surely you can take the time to answer eleven.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/ashraf.html

Three:
Very easily. I actually have several times. By the "scientific miracles" I'm assuming you mean the same 7 things that every muslim on this board seems to quote eventually. Here's the deal. First, you have to get around all the scientific inaccuracies of the Quran, of which I have just a few examples:

7:124 and 20:71 which has Crucifixion in Egypt, an empire that didn't use crucifixion (a Roman punishment).
Or 13:2, 21:33, 35:13, 36:40, and others, which note that the sun orbits the earth.
Or 13:3, 15:19, 50:7, and others which suggest the earth is flat.
Or 18:86 and 90, which suggest the sun physically rises and sets from particular locations on the earth.
Or 24:45, which says Allah didn't create any creatures with more than four legs.
Or 27:61 which suggests the Earth does not move, but is fixed in place.
Or 54:1 which has Muhammed splitting the Moon in twain (much like Piccolo in Dragonball Z. Muhammed - the anime prophet)
More anime fun in 67:5 - the stars are actually missiles aimed at devils!
Or 86:5-7, which suggests humans are made from a gushing fluid that comes from the loins (true) and between the ribs (not true).

Beyond that let me just say that the universe did not begin in smoke, that the Quran talking about "waves beneath waves" is talking about hell, not the ocean, that the "roots of mountains" is a common literary device, and the rest is clearly observable by an illiterate shepherd.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
08-11-2009, 05:47 AM
I challenge anyone here to write a play in Shakesperean English as masterful as Shakespear did.
What does this prove?
Is Shakespeare God?
Find a contradiction in Shakespeare's use of English.
What does this prove?
Is Shakespeare the prophet of Allah?
lol!
08-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Quote:By what criteria? Arabic poetry is some of the most beautiful in the world. The very language is poetic. By what criteria are the many verses that talk about beauty and truth not like the Quran? And why limit it to Arabic? What about the many verse written in Hebrew, or Hindi, or Mandarin, or Japanese? Or hey, even English? What criteria are you using to judge, because quite honestly I'd say Thoreau was, in fact, superior to the Quran in most respects.

Arabic language and Arab speech are divided into two branches. One of them is rhymed poetry. It is a speech with metre and rhyme
The other branch of Arabic speech is prose, that is non-metrical speech
The Qur'an's form did not fit into any of the above mentioned categories. It was this that made the Qur'an inimitable, and left the pagan Arabs at a loss as to how they might combat it
This miracle of language is beyond the minds of men, which is proven by the fact that there is no other similar text, even of the smallest size in existence on the face of the earth.
The development of an
entirely unique literary form is beyond the scope of the productive nature any author, hence a supernatural entity,
God, is the only sufficient comprehensive explanation
08-11-2009, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2009 11:26 AM by derprinz.)
sorrly for double post
08-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Um, clearly the language is not beyond the minds of men, since, you know, we understand it pretty well. I will say that the Quran is better put together than the Bible, it does have a sort of natural flow to it. But then, as someone noted, so does Shakespeare. So does Milton. So does Neil Gaiman in my opinion, and his stories are better.

The Quran is a well-constructed book, to be sure. But it's far from infallible, and far from divine.

08-11-2009, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2009 12:20 PM by derprinz.)
(08-11-2009 10:47 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  ... But then, as someone noted, so does Shakespeare. So does Milton. So does Neil Gaiman in my opinion...

but Shakespeare did not develop an entirely unique literary form
(08-09-2009 09:31 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Second:
That's quite a statement considering. So the Quran contains no contradictions because you say so?
Here, I found a website that goes into far more detail than the SAQ.
http://answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/
And here, a list of just eleven, very clearly spelled out. Surely you can take the time to answer eleven.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/ashraf.html

and here a website that answer the wrong claims
http://www.submission.org/answering-islam-org.htm

and this one for the so called eleven contradictions
http://www.submission.org/5-answering-Islam.htm
(08-09-2009 09:31 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Three:
7:124 and 20:71 which has Crucifixion in Egypt, an empire that didn't use crucifixion (a Roman punishment).
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/C...ucify.html
Quote:Or 13:2, 21:33, 35:13, 36:40, and others, which note that the sun orbits the earth.
http://www.quransearch.com/quran/frank_o..._earth.htm
Quote:Or 13:3, 15:19, 50:7, and others which suggest the earth is flat.
Not a single verse of the Qur’an says that the earth is flat.
The Qur’an mentions the actual shape of the earth in the following verse: "And we have made the earth egg shaped". The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 79, Verse 30
The Arabic word Dahaha means egg shaped. It also means an expanse. Dahaha is derived from Duhiya which specifically refers to the egg of an ostrich which is geospherical in shape, exactly like the shape of the earth.
http://islam.thetruecall.com/modules.php...le&sid=206

Quote:Or 18:86 and 90, which suggest the sun physically rises and sets from particular locations on the earth.
http://www.answering-christianity.com/su...sunset.htm
Quote:Or 24:45, which says Allah didn't create any creatures with more than four legs.
the verse doesn't say Allah didn't create any creatures with more than four legs
Quote:Or 27:61 which suggests the Earth does not move, but is fixed in place.
no
read the verse again
http://www.theholyquran.org/
Quote:Or 54:1 which has Muhammed splitting the Moon in twain (much like Piccolo in Dragonball Z. Muhammed - the anime prophet)
yes; it happened
that's called a miracle
Quote:More anime fun in 67:5 - the stars are actually missiles aimed at devils!
How fast do stars move ?
In the Milky Way, stars can move as fast as 500 kilometers per second
if they live in the halo, or in the nuclear regions of the Milky Way, or
as slowly as a few kilometers per second if they live in globular clusters.
Of course, all motion is relative so we have to specify what our local
standard of rest is. For the halo/core stars we can choose
the core of the Milky Way,
for globular clusters it is the center of mass of the cluster. Our own Sun
is moving through space at about 30 kilometers per second in the direction
of the star Vega. Of course, the entire solar system is moving with this
same speed and direction so we experience nothing out of the ordinary except that astronomers notice a small but systematic parallax due to the solar motion. In 10 years, the sun's motion towards Vega amounts to about 900 million kilometers. The corresponding parallactic angular shift can be seen in the positions of nearby stars.
Dr. Sten Odenwald. NASA Astronomer
http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q181.html
http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/questio...number=378

Quote:Or 86:5-7, which suggests humans are made from a gushing fluid that comes from the loins (true) and between the ribs (not true).
the word "tara’ib" could simply be ‘pelvic arch’, where the ovaries are located
remember: the Qur'an is preserved in its original language (unlike the Bible).
No one in the Muslim world has ever thought to supersede it with a translation
08-11-2009, 02:00 PM
The splitting of the moon did not happen. We already had a thread on this. There is no evidence at all that this ever happened. No other ancient astronomer recorded such an act. The supposed "seams" where the moon was put together are not seams at all, but natural formations that have no clear direction (the pictures usually shown are blatant manipulations of NASA stock photos). No scientist acknowledges the splitting of the moon.

And further, the stars are not aimed at devils. They're not "aimed" anywhere, they are traveling along set paths dictated by gravity.

As for the rest, you do the same things Christians often do. You bring in the possibility for an alternate translation, for a vague reference, you try to say that is not what it means. But the same thing can be said, with even more accuracy about the supposed "scientific miracles" of the Quran.

The Quran is a book, just like any other. Claims that it is a new literary style, and that it supposedly predicts modern science, have no evidence to back them up. Furthermore, Islam has the same problem as Christianity - it claims an all-powerful, all-knowing, and yet benevolent god, which simply could not lead to the current world we live in existing. Furthermore, it calls god "infinite," yet then it puts limits on god.

Not to mention that the Islamic creation story has the same contradictions of science as the christian one. We know that the universe and the earth are both far older than Islam or christianity allows, and there is incredibly strong evidence that humankind was evolved, not created.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why do you believe the Qur'an is God's word? Difflugia 32 438 10-30-2017 09:59 PM
Last Post: arthra
  Bible prophecy written thousands of years ago is a Great proof that God's Word Gismys17 11 934 02-10-2017 10:40 PM
Last Post: Imprecise Interrupt
  May God Rebuke those that try to Stop His Word from being posted here!! Gismys17 4 280 02-08-2017 06:42 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  Does the Qur'an really the word of God ??? ahmedgnaoui 14 1,534 08-24-2015 04:53 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  Zeitgeist movie misrepresents the word of God PetriFB 5 909 10-01-2014 03:48 AM
Last Post: Spiny Norman
  How do you know that the Bible is "the word of god" ? Morgenstern 88 7,382 08-21-2014 05:59 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  Is the Bible God's word?!!!!! For Christians and Jews ali111mohamed 75 6,709 12-25-2011 05:23 PM
Last Post: Yefet
  How punishment of God from Quran verses look like in reality, MUST WATCH Isa 6 2,108 11-29-2011 11:58 PM
Last Post: kevlar
  Quran Leaning: Understanding Quran Is What It Takes To Be A Momin! Manahel.Fatima 10 2,094 06-08-2011 10:46 AM
Last Post: IMtM
  they are into the pure word of God may 29 4,316 05-17-2010 04:09 AM
Last Post: may

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)