Is there an afterlife after we die?
05-18-2017, 01:06 PM
Is there an afterlife after we die?
Where do the dead go?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2017, 01:09 PM
RE: Is there an afterlife after we die?
The bodies go where we place them, obviously.

As for anything else- 'heaven', 'hell', 'purgatory', 'Tennessee'- no one knows.

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
Find all posts by this user
05-18-2017, 01:54 PM
You will see your dead body from outside. That's all I know. That does not mean that there is an "afterlife".
05-18-2017, 02:21 PM
(05-18-2017 01:54 PM)Avun Jahei Wrote:  You will see your dead body from outside. That's all I know. That does not mean that there is an "afterlife".

How do you know that?

Also, do you see the same way you did in life, like nearsighted, color blind etc? If not, if it is some spiritual kind of seeing, do you see the whole electromagnetic spectrum, for example?

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
05-18-2017, 03:06 PM
(05-18-2017 02:21 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  
(05-18-2017 01:54 PM)Avun Jahei Wrote:  You will see your dead body from outside. That's all I know. That does not mean that there is an "afterlife".

How do you know that?

Also, do you see the same way you did in life, like nearsighted, color blind etc? If not, if it is some spiritual kind of seeing, do you see the whole electromagnetic spectrum, for example?

I think you just get to see the Matrix code for everything.

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
05-18-2017, 03:21 PM
(05-18-2017 03:06 PM)Caesar Saladin Wrote:  
(05-18-2017 02:21 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  

How do you know that?

I think you just get to see the Matrix code for everything.

Only if you've chosen the right color...

[Image: pill_zps6k6b4zao.jpg]

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
05-18-2017, 04:03 PM
I chose purple. I get to enjoy the illusion but without being fooled by it.

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
05-18-2017, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2017 05:45 PM by Splendor.)
(05-18-2017 03:06 PM)Caesar Saladin Wrote:  I think you just get to see the Matrix code for everything.

Why do you think God the Simulator is going to reprogram anyone into another virtual reality where God the Re-Simulator would reveal His Simulation/Re-simulation Matrix Codes to anyone who's previously been programmed to be shut down as an apparent biological self-aware being (soul) in the Matrix where Earth is simulated by God?

Evidently, based on my above question, I took all the colored pills! Big Grin

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts" - William Shakespeare
05-18-2017, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2017 05:59 PM by Caesar Saladin.)
(05-18-2017 04:59 PM)Splendor Wrote:  Why do you think God the Simulator is going to reprogram anyone into another virtual reality where God the Re-Simulator would reveal His Simulation/Re-simulation Matrix Codes to anyone who's previously been programmed to be shut down as an apparent biological self-aware being (soul) in the Matrix where Earth is simulated by God?

I'll see that and raise you with:

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

05-19-2017, 09:22 PM
(05-18-2017 01:06 PM)Brother Rando Wrote:  Where do the dead go?

Dead what?
I suppose I am asking for specifics. What does it mean to be dead?
I understand that being dead is pretty much the opposite of being alive, so then what do we mean when we say something is alive?

I looked up the definition of dead, and it says that dead means "no longer alive."
https://www.google.com/webhp?tab=lw&ei=D...q=dead+def

I then looked up the definition of alive, and it says that being alive is "having life"
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alive

I then noticed that being alive also means "marked by much life, animation, or activity : swarming streets alive with traffic"
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alive

Here, I see that streets can be alive.

So then, a dead street is a street that does not have a lot of, or any traffic. So where does a dead street go? It stays right where it was when it was alive. A dead thing doesn't move about unless someone or some thing moves it.

According to these definitions, everything has life. Even seemingly dead things have life.

What is a street? Well, a street, whether dead or alive is often composed of asphalt, or perhaps concrete. These substances are composed of atoms and molecules that are very much animated or alive. Electrons swirling about all the time, very much animated, and very much alive.

So dead what?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What are the views of an atheist about the afterlife TheAnimeNerd 56 4,696 10-11-2015 11:00 AM
Last Post: daemon
  The Afterlife: A Question to Pagans and Abrahamists Achrelos 293 10,567 12-23-2013 10:52 AM
Last Post: Huitaca
  Your going to die. damned2hell 49 2,914 09-10-2012 07:45 PM
Last Post: IMtM
  The Conundrum of Altruism, God, and the afterlife StarStuff 5 1,103 05-26-2011 07:20 PM
Last Post: julianpenrod
  The Afterlife: The Unfair ghostshell88 9 1,292 07-27-2010 01:47 AM
Last Post: vociferous

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)