Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is your God infinite?
05-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Is your God infinite?
In short, do you see him/her/it as the be all end all, and if so what justifies them to have been able to function in the world we live in today? What granted them their unfathomable amount of power in which we humans cannot bear in this modern era? What makes us different from this chosen one? Who gave them their ability?

These are all a burning assortment of questions I have that I hope when answered will better help me understand your motives for worshiping this being which I fail to grasp through my own thinking.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2011, 10:49 PM
RE: Is your God infinite?
It depends if "be all end all" or "infinite" means that "God is everything". If God is everything, then God is both good and evil.

If we then extend this definition of "infinite" to mean "perfect" then...

It leads to the logical conclusion that the powers that Belial / Satan / Iblis / Angra Mainyu come from God. Clearly evil-personified doesn't have infinite powers; somehow those powers had to defined. It also means that God intentionally created evil-personified. Because God doesn't make mistakes. He also knows that the free will of this entity will lead to evil.

This leaves a worse logical problem. If evil-personified know that his evil powers ultimately come from the same God as the powers of good, then... well...

Why bother to even trying to take over the Earth? You can't win. Nothing prevents God from changing the Laws of the Supernatural and/or Superscience. Let's say that evil-incarnate fights the ultimate battle with good-incarnate: Jesus, Maitreya, or Kalki. If evil-incarnate, for whatever reason, is 0.000000000000000001 second from winning. Exactly what stops good-incarnate from pushing the "I win button". Absolutely nothing.

Does God even need an evil-personified? We certainly don't need a magical evil-incarnate to cause suffering. We do a great job ourselves. If God is perfect, then he did that intentionally too. The easiest way to do that is make sure humans are separated consciously. This leads to the tendency to be self-interested. That is to say: interested in only needs and wants of yourself and people who matter to you personally. This also makes for good tribes, communities, and... soldiers. However, men like Jonas Salk are rare.

Of course if God is perfect, then this Universe is designed to be perfect, even if we are not. That means it auto-corrects for our dumbassery over the long term. Which is actually true. Life is better for vast majority of humans on Earth than it was 10,000 or even 1000 years ago. Unfortunately, life still sucks for many people, but time means nothing to God. Overall, it's far better to live on Earth in 2011 AD than it is to live in 11 AD.

Then the question is, why does a perfect, infinite, all-knowing God need to "push the reset button" and kill off the Dinosaurs?
05-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Did god create a world of inequity? Did god create a world where those who use evil benefit? Did god create a world where goodness is not rewarded and where evil is not punished? If you believe in god then you must answer YES to these questions.
If you believe in god, then why would that very same god, create an afterlife, where good is rewarded and evil is punished? The good and evil in this life, that he seems to not care about, for some reason he is interested in after this life. This god has created both existences and they are both unbelievably unfair. I wonder what a sort of real god could create. Perhaps an existence, where his creations could strive to do well by their fellow creations and then rejoin the existence that was to begin with, without reward or punishment. Maybe a GOD could do better than a copy of a KING could, just saying.

????????????????
05-07-2011, 03:39 PM
(05-07-2011 11:37 AM)kevlar Wrote:  Did god create a world of inequity? Did god create a world where those who use evil benefit? Did god create a world where goodness is not rewarded and where evil is not punished? If you believe in god then you must answer YES to these questions.

No you mustn't. What does "evil" mean?

My god is by definition infinite. If God is anything less than infinite and absolute then it's not God. The problem is then that it's impossible to say anything about God as he's completely beyond human understanding.
05-07-2011, 04:18 PM
(05-07-2011 03:39 PM)Arjuna Wrote:  
(05-07-2011 11:37 AM)kevlar Wrote:  Did god create a world of inequity? Did god create a world where those who use evil benefit? Did god create a world where goodness is not rewarded and where evil is not punished? If you believe in god then you must answer YES to these questions.

No you mustn't. What does "evil" mean?

My god is by definition infinite. If God is anything less than infinite and absolute then it's not God. The problem is then that it's impossible to say anything about God as he's completely beyond human understanding.

Your god may be beyond human understanding but mine isn't. When you really think about infinity and infinite permutations of everything then you realize that, yes indeed, given enough time, even human beings could conceivably evolve into God and did. Proof? Only to be seen in we Messengers sent into the world with the Son of Man knowledge that now with the Gospel of Humanity includes confirming Sign of our future evolution, the logical progression of human evolution eventually bringing us powers of Creation that only God could have and did have.
05-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Can you put so many capitalised phrases in one sentence? Sorry bio, I didn't understand that at all. And how is evolution giving us powers only God could have? That sounds a bit like anthropocentric arrogance.
05-08-2011, 09:34 AM
(05-07-2011 04:18 PM)biomystic Wrote:  the logical progression of human evolution eventually bringing us powers of Creation that only God could have and did have.

like what?
05-08-2011, 03:50 PM
(05-08-2011 09:34 AM)tantilla oolitica Wrote:  
(05-07-2011 04:18 PM)biomystic Wrote:  the logical progression of human evolution eventually bringing us powers of Creation that only God could have and did have.

like what?

Bringing the power of the sun down to earth. Walking on the moon. You ask anyone living 300 years ago if human beings could do these things, they would very likely say no, only god or gods could do them.

Now extrapolate the geometric progression of knowledge that has happened over the past 200 years into our future and what does logic tell you?

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."

The Son of Man is the Son of God and the two become One as humanity evolves into God in our inevitable future that was written before Creation began.
05-08-2011, 04:24 PM
05-08-2011, 07:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is God Infinite? kevlar 49 3,876 02-14-2012 11:00 PM
Last Post: chucknance
  An Infinite God ? kevlar 37 5,505 08-05-2010 03:46 AM
Last Post: ram0singhal
  An Infinite God flicktheswitch 172 28,294 07-31-2009 10:01 AM
Last Post: Parousia

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)