Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Islam = Peace
05-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Islam = Peace
Salaam to all

Islam = peace; it is a religion that is according to the humans innate nature, and also according to science.

Islam is perfect in every way shape and form.

It is a pity that the media generally focuses on the tiny minority of misguided Muslims who committ atrocities in the name of our beutifull religion.

Peace.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2008, 04:34 PM
RE: Islam = Peace
Peace is always a great goal. I wish we could have more of it.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Ali Wrote:Islam is perfect in every way shape and form.

It is a pity that the media generally focuses on the tiny minority of misguided Muslims who committ atrocities in the name of our beutifull religion.

I, also, learned that Islam was a very peace oriented religion. I agree it is a pity that the media is focused on the extremists who commit atrocities.

Can you tell me more about your view of Islam, though? Perhaps how it is that extremists seem to be the ones who control many of the predominately Muslim countries. Or at least hold sway over many of these countries?

I disagree that Islam is perfect in every way, shape and form, however. If it were perfect, wouldn't there not be a way to misinterpret it's nature?

Asynchronicity
Spiritual Counselor
http://gnosticgnight.blogspot.com/
08-06-2008, 07:42 AM
God bless you. I am a Christian, however I have done much research on Islam over the last year and a half. I have found out that it does mean "peace" and "submission to Allah" and I have the upmost respect for Muslims who follow their religion correctly even in todays society where there are popular misconceptions of Islam being a violent religion.

I would love to hear Islam's views on forgiveness and repentance too, can you please tell me your personal views as a muslim on this matter?
08-31-2008, 09:44 AM
Kinji,
there r a lot of verses order ppl to forgive and repent and i 'll try to paste here some of them:
"The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better, then lo! he, between whom and thee there was enmity (will become) as though he was a bosom friend. (34)"
" "If anyone murders an (innocent) person, it will be as if he has murdered the whole of humanity. And if anyone saves a person it will be as if he has saved the whole of humanity." [Quran 5:32]"
The Prophet , said: "Ruined are those who insist on hardship in faith" and "A believer remains within the scope of his religion as long as he doesn't kill another person illegally."
i hope i fulfill some of what u want... and i'll complete with u i u wish..
salam friendWaving Goodbye
09-23-2008, 04:17 AM
Islam is the religion of peace. Its very name is derived from the word ‘salam’. Salam is not only the absence of violence and aggression but it also means total well being and happiness. But this will be hard to believe since most of the Islamic countries are under high tension.
10-09-2008, 01:30 PM
I mean no offense but just because the name is derived from peace does not mean that it promotes peace. The Prophet himself spread Islam through the sword. I'm certain you could point to the spread of Christianity through the crusades, but those were not carried by Jesus, infact it was over a thousand years since he was on Earth. Upon my reading of the Quran I came across some pretty violent passages.

Peace be with you
10-09-2008, 07:06 PM
The problem with peace is that human beings are not a peaceful species. Unfortunately, total peace would be virtually unattainable. There will always be some person willing to break it, or some set of conditions making someone willing to break it.
11-05-2008, 03:34 PM
freedomthinker Wrote:I mean no offense but just because the name is derived from peace does not mean that it promotes peace. The Prophet himself spread Islam through the sword. I'm certain you could point to the spread of Christianity through the crusades, but those were not carried by Jesus, infact it was over a thousand years since he was on Earth. Upon my reading of the Quran I came across some pretty violent passages.

Peace be with you

Peace,

It is a common complaint/accusation among some non-Muslims that Islam would not have millions of adherents all over the world, if it had not been spread by the use of force. The following points will make it clear, that far from being spread by the sword, it was the inherent force of truth, reason and logic that was responsible for the rapid spread of Islam.

1. Islam means peace. Islam comes from the root word ‘salaam’, which means peace. It also means submitting one’s will to Allah (swt). Thus Islam is a religion of peace, which is acquired by submitting one’s will to the will of the Supreme Creator, Allah (swt).

2. Sometimes force has to be used to maintain peace. Each and every human being in this world is not in favour of maintaining peace and harmony. There are many, who would disrupt it for their own vested interests. Sometimes force has to be used to maintain peace. It is precisely for this reason that we have the police who use force against criminals and anti-social elements to maintain peace in the country. Islam promotes peace. At the same time, Islam exhorts it followers to fight where there is oppression. The fight against oppression may, at times, require the use of force. In Islam force can only be used to promote peace and justice.

3. Opinion of historian De Lacy O’Leary. The best reply to the misconception that Islam was spread by the sword is given by the noted historian De Lacy O’Leary in the book "Islam at the cross road" (Page 8):

"History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myth that historians have ever repeated."

4. Muslims ruled Spain for about 800 years. The Muslims in Spain never used the sword to force the people to convert. Later the Christian Crusaders came to Spain and wiped out the Muslims. There was not a single Muslim in Spain who could openly give the adhan, that is the call for prayers.

5. 14 million Arabs are Coptic Christians. Muslims were the lords of Arabia for 1400 years. For a few years the British ruled, and for a few years the French ruled. Overall, the Muslims ruled Arabia for 1400 years. Yet today, there are 14 million Arabs who are Coptic Christians i.e. Christians since generations. If the Muslims had used the sword there would not have been a single Arab who would have remained a Christian.

6. More than 80% non-Muslims in India. The Muslims ruled India for about a thousand years. If they wanted, they had the power of converting each and every non-Muslim of India to Islam. Today more than 80% of the population of India are non-Muslims. All these non-Muslim Indians are bearing witness today that Islam was not spread by the sword.

7. Indonesia and Malaysia. Indonesia is a country that has the maximum number of Muslims in the world. The majority of people in Malaysia are Muslims. May one ask, "Which Muslim army went to Indonesia and Malaysia?"

8. East Coast of Africa. Similarly, Islam has spread rapidly on the East Coast of Africa. One may again ask, if Islam was spread by the sword, "Which Muslim army went to the East Coast of Africa?"

9. Thomas Carlyle. The famous historian, Thomas Carlyle, in his book "Heroes and Hero worship", refers to this misconception about the spread of Islam: "The sword indeed, but where will you get your sword? Every new opinion, at its starting is precisely in a minority of one. In one man’s head alone. There it dwells as yet. One man alone of the whole world believes it, there is one man against all men. That he takes a sword and try to propagate with that, will do little for him. You must get your sword! On the whole, a thing will propagate itself as it can."

10. No compulsion in religion. With which sword was Islam spread? Even if Muslims had it they could not use it to spread Islam because the Qur’an says in the following verse: "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error" [Al-Qur’an 2:256]

11. Sword of the Intellect. It is the sword of intellect. The sword that conquers the hearts and minds of people. The Qur’an says in Surah Nahl, chapter 16 verse 125: "Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious." [Al-Qur’an 16:125]

12. Increase in the world religions from 1934 to 1984. An article in Reader’s Digest ‘Almanac’, year book 1986, gave the statistics of the increase of percentage of the major religions of the world in half a century from 1934 to 1984. This article also appeared in ‘The Plain Truth’ magazine. At the top was Islam, which increased by 235%, and Christianity had increased only by 47%. May one ask, which war took place in this century which converted millions of people to Islam?

13. Islam is the fastest growing religion in America and Europe. Today the fastest growing religion in America is Islam. The fastest growing religion in Europe is Islam. Which sword is forcing people in the West to accept Islam in such large numbers?

14. Dr. Joseph Adam Pearson. rightly says, "People who worry that nuclear weaponry will one day fall in the hands of the Arabs, fail to realize that the Islamic bomb has been dropped already, it fell the day MUHAMMED (pbuh) was born".

And regarding the violent passages that you came across in Qur'an, it is common to misquote verses from the Qur’an which lead to twisted presentation of Islam as a hostile and violent religion. The majority of these verses are either mistranslated, taken out of context, or misunderstood due to lack of basic knowledge.
11-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Quote:10. No compulsion in religion. With which sword was Islam spread? Even if Muslims had it they could not use it to spread Islam because the Qur’an says in the following verse: "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error" [Al-Qur’an 2:256]

Here's a quote from the Quran (chapter 47, verse 4):
14) So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allahs Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives). Thereafter (is the time) either for generosity (i.e. free them without ransom), or ransom (according to what benefits Islam), until the war lays down its burden. Thus (you are ordered by Allah to continue in carrying out Jihad against the disbelievers till they embrace Islam (i.e. are saved from the punishment in the Hell-fire) or at least come under your protection), but if it had been Allahs Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)