Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's needed to have a belief.
07-21-2010, 04:09 AM
It's needed to have a belief.
I recently come accross things that I can't understand and solve. I now find out that there are things that I can't handle. Death, Sick.. .. and problems from around folks... I just, think no one could understand me. But I don't want to be negative. I believe it is the time that I should have a belief, may be in God. Praying

Angelic God's escaped girl.
Keen on rosetta stone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2010, 04:44 AM
RE: It's needed to have a belief.
(07-21-2010 04:09 AM)Gods Girl Wrote:  I recently come accross things that I can't understand and solve. I now find out that there are things that I can't handle. Death, Sick.. .. and problems from around folks... I just, think no one could understand me. But I don't want to be negative. I believe it is the time that I should have a belief, may be in God. Praying
Do you believe that a belief in God can really help you handle things like sickness and death? Isn't that just sugarcoating reality, making the bitter pill of inevitable suffering easier to swallow by thinking it'll all be ok in the end?

The greatest strength is in resisting provocation.
07-21-2010, 12:12 PM
(07-21-2010 04:44 AM)KC Carter Wrote:  
(07-21-2010 04:09 AM)Gods Girl Wrote:  I recently come accross things that I can't understand and solve. I now find out that there are things that I can't handle. Death, Sick.. .. and problems from around folks... I just, think no one could understand me. But I don't want to be negative. I believe it is the time that I should have a belief, may be in God. Praying
Do you believe that a belief in God can really help you handle things like sickness and death? Isn't that just sugarcoating reality, making the bitter pill of inevitable suffering easier to swallow by thinking it'll all be ok in the end?

That's part of human nature. The concept of God in part was invented for the purpose of giving hope to the hopeless.
It makes it a lot easier to deal with life if you believe in a better afterlife.

make a wish: http://www.real-wishes.com
07-21-2010, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2010 12:28 PM by Raphael.)
(07-21-2010 12:12 PM)vociferous Wrote:  That's part of human nature. The concept of God in part was invented for the purpose of giving hope to the hopeless.
It makes it a lot easier to deal with life if you believe in a better afterlife.

so that is your problem then?
why you appear so metaphysically shallow?

you are a cradle to grave walking zombie who has his intuition switch turned OFF?

no wonder ewe, you and u troll my threads.
YOU are curious about the dark side? TongueTongue

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
07-21-2010, 12:29 PM
(07-21-2010 12:24 PM)Raphael Wrote:  
(07-21-2010 12:12 PM)vociferous Wrote:  That's part of human nature. The concept of God in part was invented for the purpose of giving hope to the hopeless.

so that is your problem then?
why you appear so metaphysically shallow?

you are a cradle to grave walking zombie who has his intuition switch turned OFF?

no wonder ewe, you and u troll my threads.
YOU are curious about the dark side? TongueTongue

namaste

I wouldn't say I am a troll, and almost all the threads we fight in aren't yours. They're biomystic's, and a few others.

I wouldn't say metaphysically shallow. Just uncredulous.

07-21-2010, 12:35 PM
(07-21-2010 12:12 PM)vociferous Wrote:  

That's part of human nature. The concept of God in part was invented for the purpose of giving hope to the hopeless.
well there's a lot of people doing very well with there life and are very happy and still believe and hope there a god and a heaven . now , why don't you go over to some 3rd world country and tell them what you wrote on here .
07-21-2010, 12:36 PM
(07-21-2010 12:35 PM)hillbilly Wrote:  

well there's a lot of people doing very well with there life and are very happy and still believe and hope there a god and a heaven . now , why don't you go over to some 3rd world country and tell them what you wrote on here .

I don't have to. In a few of them, I think Karl Marx already told them. Big Grin

07-21-2010, 01:22 PM
(07-21-2010 12:36 PM)vociferous Wrote:  
(07-21-2010 12:35 PM)hillbilly Wrote:  

I don't have to. In a few of them, I think Karl Marx already told them. Big Grin
this is the bloke that came from a wealthy back ground and had a private education .
07-21-2010, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2010 01:25 PM by vociferous.)
^ Nope. Middle class and public education all the way.
Also, I'm not a communist, I'm just agnostic and gave Karl Marx as an example for communist countries.

07-21-2010, 01:46 PM
(07-21-2010 01:24 PM)vociferous Wrote:  ^ Nope. Middle class and public education all the way.
Also, I'm not a communist, I'm just agnostic and gave Karl Marx as an example for communist countries.
private .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Support Groups for ex-religious members - why are they needed? RamaRaksha 6 142 10-31-2017 10:33 AM
Last Post: Amememhab
  help needed wrx 10 909 11-23-2012 08:09 AM
Last Post: kevlar
  Translation Needed Satyros 10 1,284 09-13-2012 05:22 PM
Last Post: Satyros
  Difference between a belief and a belief system. rocketboy9000 6 1,596 07-20-2012 09:38 PM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME
  Prayers Needed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> acvegas 3 606 06-22-2012 01:58 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
  This Business Of Belief Vs. Non Belief thomasj6299 15 2,129 05-16-2012 07:52 AM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME
  Help needed for my thesus on Religion PSNnightmare 1 387 06-26-2011 04:16 PM
Last Post: tantilla oolitica

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)