Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jesus, Is he a God?
05-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Jesus, Is he a God?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Jesus,are you a God?

"Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come..........And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent" (John 17:1-3)

Jesus,are you If your a God , so you should be good ,right?

Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” (Mathew 19:16-17)

The God is good Jesus is not good.

Jesus, who is our God and your god?

"Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God." (John 20:17)

does a God have a God?

"And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” which is translated, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"(Mark 15:34)

Jesus,are you praying for your self?

"Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed."(Mark 1:35)

Christians,do you worship one God or three Gods?

"Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him.And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?” But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” "(Mathew 3:13-17)

If I tell you That I was in England,China and Egypt at the same time,would you believe me?If you won't why do you believe this?

AGAIN

Christians,how many Gods do you worship?

Believe me your worshiping a person who didn't order you to do that!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2009, 08:14 PM
RE: Jesus, Is he a God?
(05-18-2009 07:40 AM)ahmed-deedat Wrote:  If I tell you That I was in England,China and Egypt at the same time,would you believe me?If you won't why do you believe this?

If you were a theoretical physicist you would doubtless be able to get pencil and paper out, and construct an imaginary universe where it was possible for a body to be simultaneously present in three different places.

So why do you want to dictate what is and isn't possible for God?
05-20-2009, 07:51 AM
If I tell you That I was in England,China and Egypt at the same time,would you believe me?If you won't why do you believe this?

Because you are not God?

I'm not even sure i believe in God it's just a point. Religious people often believe things about God through faith, not logic. As you would probably understand mush more than me.

Also you say that God must be good. Why so? If we are made in his image, as the three monotheistic traditions say, then think about it. We are good, kind, throughtful loving, devoted, hateful, spiteful, vengeful, cruel - would God too not have all these aspects?

Is that why there are 99 names for Allah in Islam, to reflect 99 aspects of Gods being?

I would be interested to here your point of view, as these are questions that genuinely puzzle me about the nature of God.
05-20-2009, 08:20 AM
(05-20-2009 07:51 AM)rhiannon1890 Wrote:  Also you say that God must be good. Why so? If we are made in his image, as the three monotheistic traditions say, then think about it. We are good, kind, throughtful loving, devoted, hateful, spiteful, vengeful, cruel - would God too not have all these aspects?

Haha, even a casual read of the old testament makes it clear that the Abrahamic God does indeed possess these traits. Big Grin

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
05-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Totally, poor old Joab learned the hard way!

I always in my ignorance thought that God being 'good' was a Christian concept. But even using the word 'Father' to describe God, give the illusion of a loving creative force, who is at the same time flawed. (Or maybe it's just my 'father' who's fawled) Hmmmmm. Smile

Anyhow, as you say, the old testament is a blood bath, and the Qur'an describes Allah as 'The Destroyer' (Al-Mumit) and 'The Harmer' (Ad-Darr) among other things.

This makes much more sense to me as I am unable to comprehend a being that is purely Good, especially when world events dictate that God, must at least, have a twisted sense of humour.
05-20-2009, 12:15 PM
I once heard an atheist on a radio program prove to a caller that he (and most Americans) were more moral than God. Much as I dislike tricks like this, I was unable to think of a way to prove him wrong. We are more moral than God, and the fact that we have that morality proves among other things that we know better than God.
05-20-2009, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2009 12:39 PM by rhiannon1890.)
I don't know how i feel about that.
I would like to have heard the argument, it sounds a heated one. And I like hearing one person silence another. But also the lapssed Catholic in me is going, 'How dare he say such a blasphemous statement?' Wink Very hard to shake the brain washing. Where do we get morality, if not from God? Blah blah blah.

However, i have an issue wit 'morailty' as i think it's all relative, what is moral anyway? What's moral to you might not be the same for me etc

To be honest, i've forgotten what this thread was supposed to be about. Oh yeah ... I can't begin to comment on the Is Jesus God thing ... ...
p.s Are you an atheist?

I can't make up my ming if you don't believe in God, or you just don't like Him?
05-20-2009, 01:52 PM
It's a simple question. Would you ever lock your children up in the basement and torture them for any reason?
Would you do it simply because they don't love you enough?
Did you answer no to either question?

You are more moral than God.

Because the Bible is very clear that there is a hell, and no matter how loose your interpretation is, the Bible also makes it clear that at least some people are going to hell. Most Christians would agree that the one unforgivable sin is denial of God's salvation. Yet not one of us would ever do that to our own children, and our legal system would not ascribe the sort of tortures given in hell to the worst of serial killers.

Try as I might, I just can't really get around that. I don't care how all-powerful he is, given what the Bible says about hell, inflicting it on anyone is something no sane person living in a civilized society would ever do. As a society, we have declared such things immoral, and thus, as a society we have declared God immoral.
05-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Do you think if you were all powerful you would be sane?

Total power corrupts totally.

'Most Christians would agree that the one unforgivable sin is denial of God's salvation'

There in one sentence is the one of biggest problems I have with religion. Many millions of people in the world do not believe in God, does that therefore mean they are bad (enough to go to hell)? Surely not, and if so is God a megalomaniac?

It also bothers me that in many religions the reason to be moral is to obtain eternal life of paradise. So do good for selfish reasons. There's something about that that makes me uneasy
05-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Well yes. That's one reason I find Judaism, Christianity, and Islam inherently immoral religions. First, they have inherently immoral gods who damn people to torment simply for not believing the right way. And second, they use a carrot-and-stick method of morality that promotes legalism based on ancient ritual (do this and get into heaven) rather than actual morality (do this because it's the right thing to do).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)