Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Journey to Monothesim
07-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Journey to Monothesim
There is nothing like unto Him

God explains to us that “There is nothing like unto Him” (42:11). From this we can understand that nothing of the creation can be compared to God, nor does God resemble the creation.

Christians say that Jesus (upon whom be peace) is God incarnate, a part of the Trinity three-part God – this is often described as being like an egg where there are three parts of one thing. Christians may also say that Muslims believe God can do anything therefore it is possible for God to become a man. However, the Bible confirms for us that this is not the case:

• "Moses replied, "It will be as you say, so that you may know there is no one like the LORD our God." (Exodus 8:10)
• "You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other." (Deuteronomy 4:35)
• "How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears." (2 Samuel 7:22)

With regards to the Trinity, the three-unit God-head is not named in the Bible anywhere. In fact, the Oneness of God is emphasized time and time again. And, that none is to be worshipped except the One God, such as:

• "Before Me there was no god formed, And there will be none after Me." (Isaiah 43:10)
• "Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other." (Deuteronomy 4:39)
• “There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand." (Deuteronomy 32:39)
• "There is no one like you, O LORD, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears." (1 Chronicles 17:20)
• “God is one." (Galatians 3:20)

Further, the Bible relates how God reacts if a person were to worship other than the One God and says: "You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God..." (Exodus 20:5). Taken strictly from a Biblical perspective, God is One and worship ought to be directed to Him alone – not to anything or anyone else.

Say, “He is God, the One. God, to Whom the creatures turn for their needs. He begets not, nor was He begotten, and there is none like Him.” (Quran, 112:1-4)

I have selected those errors which the Christian scholars themselves say: Yes, this is an error. Here are a few:

1) The age of Ahaziah when he began to rule (second Kings 8:26 – says 22, or 42 in second chronicles 22:2)? Christian scholars say: copyist error.
2) Solomon had how many supervisors? 3300 (1Kings 5:16) or 3600 (2Chonicles 2:2). Christian scholars say: copyist error.
3) Was the daughter of Jairus dead (Matthew 9:18) or alive (Mark 5:23) when she came to Jesus? Christian Scholars say: We don’t know.
4) God tells David the famine will be 3 years (1Chonricles 21:11-12) or 7 years (2Samuel 24:13)? Christian scholars say: copyist error.
5) Who killed Goliath? David (1Samuel 17:50) or Elhanan (2Samuel 21:19)? Answer: copyist error.
6) Charioteers killed by David. 700 (2Samuel 10:18) or 7000 (1Chronicles 19:18)? Christian scholars say: copyist error.
7) David captured 1700 (2Samuel 8:4) or 7000 (1Chonricles 18:4) horsemen? Also: copyist error.
8) 2000 baths (1Kings 7:26) or 3000 (2Chronicles 4:5)? Christian scholars say: copyist error.
9) Michal had five sons (2Samuel 21:8) or none (2Samuel 6:23)? Scholars say: copyist error.
10) Jehoiachin is 8 (2Chronicles 36:9) or 18 (2Kings 24:8) when he becomes King? Christian scholars say: copyist error.
11) Stalls of Solomon, 4000 (2Chonicles 9:25) or 40,000 (1Kings 4:26)? Again: copyist error.
12) Jehoiachin rules Jerusalem for 3 months (2Kings 24:8) or 3 months and ten days (2Chronicles 36:9)? Christian scholars say: copyist error.

“Guide us to the straight path - The path of those upon whom You have bestowed favor, not of those who have evoked [Your] anger or of those who are astray.” (Quran 1:6-7)

http://www.loga-abdullah.blogspot.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2009, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2009 12:31 PM by Raphael.)
RE: Journey to Monothesim
(07-21-2009 09:15 PM)loga Wrote:  There is nothing like unto Him + many quotes...

I am curious why folks 'quote' ambiguous statements from thousands of years ago when discussing history and HIS-story?

Please note...what are the quotes from the HER-story that preceded HIS-story?
Anybody know of some good ones?
How about "blue moon, I saw you standing there"?
Found inscribed on a cave wall? lol lol just kidding...

Many biblical quotes purporting to be the actual words of certain people, of which there is NO physical proof, quotes that are verbatim?

And this is what I am to base 'truth' on?
A myriad of self-serving translations of the narrative, many updates, offered by the leaders?

Forget what they said then, long long long ago, what if we talk current events for a bit and get back to the real concerns, like ... how about those WMD eh? Wink
How many did they find again?

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
07-22-2009, 03:31 PM
RE: Journey to Monothesim
Hi Raphael,

Have you looked into the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)? There are documented books and collections written by people who saw him, heard him, and lived with him. So, that is not a collection that is ambiguous or without factual proof. And, there are hundreds of collections from unique sources.

And of course, we can not forget the concern of today or tomorrow - but let us think about our purpose in this life. We know the purpose of everything, but rarely do we think about our own purpose. Why do we eat? To get nutrition. Sleep? To rest our body. Et cetera, et cetera - so what is your purpose?

All the best.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Khadija Watson's Journey sesame 1 643 12-17-2008 09:12 AM
Last Post: sesame

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)