Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jumping in
01-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Jumping in
Hi, I'm Merit, and I was dragged into this by Clementine. (Hi, bb).

A little background on me -- I was raised in Haredi Judaism, and left on my eighteenth birthday, and was promptly disowned. I do have a very very good understanding of Judaism because of this, especially Orthodox and Haredi.

I am now a Canaanite-Kemetic Syncretism Polytheist -- meaning I worship a combination of Canaanite and Egyptian gods, as was common during 2134 BCE-1549 BCE in both Canaan and Egypt.

So hi, I'll be looking around and staying quiet until I figure out the flow of the place.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
RE: Jumping in
(01-18-2010 07:52 PM)Merit Wrote:  Hi, I'm Merit, and I was dragged into this by Clementine. (Hi, bb).

A little background on me -- I was raised in Haredi Judaism, and left on my eighteenth birthday, and was promptly disowned. I do have a very very good understanding of Judaism because of this, especially Orthodox and Haredi.

I am now a Canaanite-Kemetic Syncretism Polytheist -- meaning I worship a combination of Canaanite and Egyptian gods, as was common during 2134 BCE-1549 BCE in both Canaan and Egypt.

So hi, I'll be looking around and staying quiet until I figure out the flow of the place.

Were you Hasidic or non-Hasidic? If Hasidic, which tradition? By the way I live in New York City and pass through Williamsburg every day.

I have always been fascinated by the roots of modern western religions. But being fascinated by so many things in this wonderful world, I do not know as much about the Canaan/Egypt connection as I would like, just what I have encountered in studying the evolution of the Torah.

Can you enlighten us on what it is all about? Start a separate thread if you wish. You can take your time about starting if you wish.
01-19-2010, 12:37 AM
(01-18-2010 09:53 PM)Parousia Wrote:  
(01-18-2010 07:52 PM)Merit Wrote:  Hi, I'm Merit, and I was dragged into this by Clementine. (Hi, bb).

Were you Hasidic or non-Hasidic? If Hasidic, which tradition? By the way I live in New York City and pass through Williamsburg every day.

I have always been fascinated by the roots of modern western religions. But being fascinated by so many things in this wonderful world, I do not know as much about the Canaan/Egypt connection as I would like, just what I have encountered in studying the evolution of the Torah.

Can you enlighten us on what it is all about? Start a separate thread if you wish. You can take your time about starting if you wish.

I was Haredi, Ultra-Orthodox. I think I will start a separate thread though.
01-19-2010, 04:05 AM
Welcome, by the way. Nice little riposte with that sacrifice story back on the monotheism thread, I can tell you it had me grinning. I'm sure there's a lot you can share with your background.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)