Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Keep passing the Kool-Aid of Heaven
09-10-2017, 04:13 PM
Keep passing the Kool-Aid of Heaven
Here's an interview with a bishop published today in my local newspaper -
http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-poli...h-podcast/

60 minutes this is not. What would Heaven be like? Like asking Bernie Madoff what kind of returns one can expect or Fox News conducting a Trump interview

I like the fact that she thinks that Hell does not exist - what a vile concept that has been around for centuries. But then the follow-up question would be what about the likes of Hitler & Stalin? Evil people who killed millions without mercy. What happens to them? Are they sitting in Heaven enjoying themselves?

And then we come to Heaven - ok, what does one DO in heaven? Do we just float around doing nothing? We get the "we will meet and be with our loved ones" part - but then what? Is there anything to do? Do people just snore away eternity? What kind of jobs would the maker of this universe have for us puny humans? And this is God's Grand Plan? Millions sitting around doing nothing? snoring away eternity?

How come these questions are never asked? Keep drinking the kool-aid of heaven that is being passed around and shut up?

What about people who die in accidents? They die but their family lies in the hospital fighting for their lives & they are enjoying cake in heaven now? A man dies in an accident, his wife going crazy trying to pay the bills, keep the house and rushing back and forth from the hospital where her children are fighting for their lives and this man is enjoying heaven?

Again and again, these questions are never asked, frankly not even by Atheists - keep the fantasy going
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2017, 04:22 PM
RE: Keep passing the Kool-Aid of Heaven
The weather is perfect in Heaven and it is very peaceful except for the messianic Rock music. Angels spend their time watching those on earth. Everyone has a guardian angel. The angels will participate in the resurrection with God. Zechariah 14:5. "...and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee".
09-10-2017, 05:14 PM
(09-10-2017 04:22 PM)susanblange Wrote:  The weather is perfect in Heaven and it is very peaceful except for the messianic Rock music. Angels spend their time watching those on earth. Everyone has a guardian angel. The angels will participate in the resurrection with God. Zechariah 14:5. "...and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee".

Nice fantasy. But you didn't answer my question - what does one DO in heaven? People have been dead for thousands of years now, what have they been doing all this time? Just watching us? Do they not have TV or anything to do in Heaven? And they see all the killings, children being killed and raped, terrorists plotting to kill people and they sit and watch? Children lost in the forest crying for their mom and they sit and watch this must-see tv?

And finally, so either we go off to magic fantasy island or it will come to us? soon? any day now?
09-10-2017, 07:31 PM
(09-10-2017 04:13 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  And then we come to Heaven - ok, what does one DO in heaven? Do we just float around doing nothing? We get the "we will meet and be with our loved ones" part - but then what? Is there anything to do? Do people just snore away eternity? What kind of jobs would the maker of this universe have for us puny humans? And this is God's Grand Plan? Millions sitting around doing nothing? snoring away eternity?

I just love this from the Catholic Encyclopedia concerning the joys of heaven.

Quote:They derive great pleasure from the contemplation of all those things, both created and possible, which, as we have shown, they see in God, at least indirectly as in the cause.

Contemplation of possible things? Maybe like watching sequels to The Howling that did not stink? Big Grin

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
09-14-2017, 08:12 PM
(09-10-2017 07:31 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  I just love this from the Catholic Encyclopedia concerning the joys of heaven.

Quote:They derive great pleasure from the contemplation of all those things, both created and possible, which, as we have shown, they see in God, at least indirectly as in the cause.
Contemplation of possible things? Maybe like watching sequels to The Howling that did not stink? Big Grin
lol yes so an eternity spent contemplating things? And what exactly is possible? Meanwhile bad things keep happening down on earth - children abducted, raped and killed, innocent people being run over, terrorism, floods, hurricanes, diseases, drug wars - and this is just people - animals have it much worse!

And so we have billions of uncaring, selfish people who just stop caring about everyone on earth and just enjoy the easy good life? And this is what God wants? Billions sitting around snoring away eternity?

How do educated people fall for this drivel?
09-15-2017, 12:45 PM
(09-14-2017 08:12 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  And this is what God wants? Billions sitting around snoring away eternity?

I've always wondered about this,it must be the worst possible punishment one can think up - doing nothing for all eternity... at least in hell you will be poked every now and then Smile

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ministerial aid... Rev. Stein 2 519 12-10-2012 07:42 PM
Last Post: Visqueen
  Israel attacks Gaza aid fleet and Kill 19 people! sesame 528 52,908 01-29-2011 06:53 PM
Last Post: muslim girl

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)