Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Language- proof of god.
12-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Language- proof of god.
thought is impossible without language. every thought you are thinking while reading this uses language.

languages cannot be created without thought.

this means that there must have been a language that we have always had.

however, every language needs a creator as names of things are not innate, but learned.

the creator of the original language must be god.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2008, 04:53 PM
RE: Language- proof of god.
B MAN Wrote:thought is impossible without language. every thought you are thinking while reading this uses language.

however, every language needs a creator as names of things are not innate, but learned.

Your fundamental assumption "Thought is impossible without language" is questionable. I've seen many infants reason long before they had any language.
12-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Messenger Wrote:
B MAN Wrote:thought is impossible without language. every thought you are thinking while reading this uses language.

Your fundamental assumption "Thought is impossible without language" is questionable. I've seen many infants reason long before they had any language.
i believe that that is due to instincts...blah blah blah.

however, thought of concepts is impossible without language. (right and wrong, death, how we got here, etc.)

ultimately, language is a concept, so the chain is still intact.
12-16-2008, 05:21 PM
I have to agree with Messenger...I think your basic premise is flawed. I think it's more correct to say language is impossible without thought. Language is merely a filter, a way to express thought to others. While actual experiments that could test this premise would no doubt be considered unethical, I think thought would exist independent of language.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
12-16-2008, 05:25 PM
they use language for codes.thats how they operate.

Good evil salvation
12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
damian.hoffman Wrote:I have to agree with Messenger...I think your basic premise is flawed. I think it's more correct to say language is impossible without thought. Language is merely a filter, a way to express thought to others. While actual experiments that could test this premise would no doubt be considered unethical, I think thought would exist independent of language.

Okay... in my phychology book, there was a sentence that read "without language, thought is impossible". i thought that this was reletively well proven fact. however,through further research, i now see that there is a large controversy over the issue.

since there is a controversy over that issue, there will be a controversy over this proof, it is not really proof.
12-16-2008, 05:56 PM
i doubt your book is correct,if i could see a beutiful woman,i think i would still think that.?

Good evil salvation
12-16-2008, 06:06 PM
I think most people would agree with the sentence "Without language, complex thought is impossible."
12-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Messenger Wrote:I think most people would agree with the sentence "Without language, complex thought is impossible."

language is pretty complex...
12-16-2008, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2008 11:57 PM by Anglican.)
The origin of language is an unsolved puzzle, but I don't think anything suddenly appears out of nowhere; with the possible exception of the universe. There must have been some sort of process, starting out with the most primitive language, and then gradually evolving into something more sophisticated and versatile.

There are reasons for believing in God. To take one example, evolution may have (almost certainly did) happen, but for me personally, it still stretches credulity to breaking point to believe that the never ending upward spiral in complexity (from single cell organisms to us) was wholly undirected. The very fact that it happened at all shrieks direction.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bible prophecy written thousands of years ago is a Great proof that God's Word Gismys17 11 991 02-10-2017 10:40 PM
Last Post: Imprecise Interrupt
  Logical Proof of God colerichards 195 6,520 03-04-2016 10:27 PM
Last Post: daemon
  Is Music the language of the gods and angels? Azoth 63 6,477 08-22-2015 02:15 PM
Last Post: RationalMagick
  The final Proof God does not exist! nostradamus1 15 1,309 12-06-2014 07:41 PM
Last Post: nostradamus1
Exclamation Ideology Of Religions: Scientific Proof Of Existence Of "God" KateBazilevsky 5 987 08-11-2014 08:08 AM
Last Post: HelloThere
  In Search of the holy language! Starburst 30 2,343 03-06-2014 04:42 PM
Last Post: Starburst
  Extra-Terrestrials/Humans attempt to decode Universal Language lovenifest 84 7,559 10-01-2013 01:44 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  A holy language. Starburst 20 2,290 09-16-2013 01:03 PM
Last Post: Starburst
  The word nonreligious theist and the poetry of the English language ethelwulf 5 848 08-10-2013 05:38 PM
Last Post: ethelwulf
  proof of God smellycat 17 2,547 05-28-2012 03:19 AM
Last Post: Karmartia

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)