Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Less is better
07-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Less is better
Air conditioning is the cooling of indoor air for thermal comfort. In a broader sense, the term can refer to any form of cooling, heating, ventilation, or disinfection that modifies the condition of air.A strict no-air-conditioning ban was enforced for Taiwan students taking the college entrance examinations this month despite temperatures in many areas reaching 34 to 36 degrees Celsius. Some cling to the notion that leaving their air conditioning running all day while they are at work so that they can return to cool homes actually saves on energy.Since most air conditioning units can be programmed to come on at a selected time, it is quite possible to have them cool the home 10 minutes before returning rather than running for 10 hours.

Although this long-term practice is being promoted as a pragmatic means to ensure fairness, since air conditioning is not available at all exam locations, rather than for environmental reasons, it nevertheless offers a good opportunity for the country to reconsider its addiction to air conditioning.

If students can manage without A/C in the heat of examinations, could not the rest of the population go cold turkey once in a while? If not 'Off,' then 'Down,' since air conditioners consume energy and contribute to climate change in proportion to each degree they are set below ambient temperature.

I like Christian Louboutin,it is so cheap and practical
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2010, 08:44 PM
RE: Less is better
...Is this spam?
I'm not exactly sure.
I know you are a rather intelligent spambot, but this doesn't look like an advert.

And I like my coolness.

make a wish: http://www.real-wishes.com
07-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Spamming is the posting of annoying adverts on forums. In a broader sense, the term can refer to any form of pointless, irrelevant, stupid, or inane post that modifies the quality of a forum for the worse. A strict no spamming ban was enforced for Taiwan students taking the college entrance examinations this month despite advertisements in many areas reaching 34 to 36 per thread. Some cling to the notion that leaving their spambots running all day while they are at work so that they can return to annoyed replies actually improves their sales. Since most spamming units can be programmed to come on at a selected time, it is quite possible to have them irritating forum members 10 minutes before returning rather than running for 10 hours.

Although this long-term practice is being promoted as a pragmatic means to ensure greater annoyance, since spamming is not available at all exam locations, rather than for environmental reasons, it nevertheless offers a good opportunity for the country to reconsider its addiction to pointless crap sold over the internet.

If students can manage without spamming in the heat of examinations, could not the rest of the population go cold turkey once in a while? If not 'Off,' then 'Down,' since spamming consumes energy and contributes to climate change in proportion to each forum goer they irritate to the point homicidal thoughts.

The greatest strength is in resisting provocation.
07-28-2010, 02:56 PM
(07-27-2010 08:44 PM)vociferous Wrote:  ...Is this spam?
I'm not exactly sure.
I know you are a rather intelligent spambot, but this doesn't look like an advert.

And I like my coolness.

I know, I read though half of it before I realized it was spam. They got me. Fair enough, I will not eat his brains.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)