Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mada's thread
05-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Mada's thread
This is my first and most likely the last as well thread here.

I am a chosen one. It means I did experience something unusual somewhere sometime before which has leaded to my conclusion that there IS something more out there. No more question ask in this.

Usual/unusual is a subjective term. That is why I always like to ask atheists what exactly is an example proof of the existence of a God(s). A single cell organism for example counting by its complexity is magnificent, beyond the engineering skill of human even in today's technology. It is hence by definition very unusual. However, since we all can experience it, it becomes very usual. As you can see, this is why atheists consider the grow of limbs is not a proof of God, but the regrow of a lost one is. That is no logic or definition behind this other than we are used to it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2012, 11:45 PM
RE: Mada's thread
So are you going to spend this whole thread discussing the way y ou believe atheists think and dismissing anybody who tries to correct you?

(as if I had to ask)

Well, this should at the very least provide some laughs.

No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should.
-Ann Druyan
05-09-2012, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 12:09 AM by Hypernova.)
(05-08-2012 11:40 PM)Mada Wrote:  This is my first and most likely the last as well thread here.

That probably depends.

Quote:I am a chosen one. It means I did experience something unusual somewhere sometime before which has leaded to my conclusion that there IS something more out there.

Fair enough. I just have two questions (lol).

First is, are you 100% certain that what was revealed to you was, indeed, of divine origin?

The second is, could anyone else be justified in believing what you believe based on your personal revelation?

Quote:No more question ask in this.

No way champ, you cant do that. This is the whole justification behind your belief system, and you claim to objective truth, which you use to justify statements such as;

Mada in another thread Wrote:Typical atheists will tell you they have open mind. They will say they will believe if there are evidences or proofs. But then exactly what is an evidence or a proof? You won't find any atheists able to answer this.

http://www.religionforums.org/Thread-Sci...ion?page=3

That HAS to be questioned if you are to be taken seriously.

Quote:Usual/unusual is a subjective term. That is why I always like to ask atheists what exactly is an example proof of the existence of a God(s).

Fair enough (not sure what you mean by 'example proof' though).

Evidence of god would have to be verifiable, repeatable phenomena which not only leads to the reasonable conclusion that 'god did it' but provides some explanation of gods nature i.e. what is he made of, where does he live, what is this place exactly. This repeatable, verifiable phenomena (experiment may be a better term) must provide some sort of predictive capability. It must also abide by some (maybe new) laws of physics.

This conclusion would only be held tentatively, and any naturalistic explanation would be held as preferable due to Occam's Razor.

In order for that evidence to constitute proof, it would have to be supported by a model of god, which again provides reasonably accurate predictions.

Quote:A single cell organism for example counting by its complexity is magnificent, beyond the engineering skill of human even in today's technology. It is hence by definition very unusual. However, since we all can experience it, it becomes very usual.

Complexity is not evidence of design. There are well understood processes, both in biology and physics, which generate complexity. These explanations are far more preferable to god due to our old friend, Sir William of Ockham.

Quote:As you can see, this is why atheists consider the grow of limbs is not a proof of God, but the regrow of a lost one is. That is no logic or definition behind this other than we are used to it.

I honestly don't know what you mean by this.
05-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Speaking of chosen one I believe 10 out of 10 would associate that with Christianity subjectively. No, I am not a Christian even though my unusual experience is somewhat similar to some of those in the Bible. Note a story can easily get edited out and turned into a totally different tone for a different purpose.

I don't have a fixed religious belief other than I know for sure there are higher powers out there. My worldview if one must ask incidentally is like the core philosophy in the movies Matrix trilogy. A little bit of this and that.

Viewing our reality as a prison of our mind may be a bit extreme. This philosophy nevertheless does not originate in the movie but actually from Gnostic and Buddhism.
05-09-2012, 02:23 AM
Do you believe Jesus existed and is the son of god?
05-09-2012, 12:02 PM
(05-08-2012 11:40 PM)Mada Wrote:  this is why atheists consider the grow of limbs is not a proof of God, but the regrow of a lost one is.

One person told you this once.

It is not an Atheist doctrine. THERE ARE NO ATHEIST DOCTRINES.
05-09-2012, 01:21 PM
So who chooses the chosen one?

I only ask to sound witty and intelligent. Everybody knows that I'm the chosen one. It's so obvious.

05-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Actually I don't know and I don't think it is crucial to know. What matter most is to know thyself first, which was what the chooser came to me for, to help me know myself, or in the movie Matrix term, to free me.
05-09-2012, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 02:14 PM by IMtM.)
(05-09-2012 02:05 PM)Mada Wrote:  Actually I don't know and I don't think it is crucial to know. What matter most is to know thyself first, which was what the chooser came to me for, to help me know myself, or in the movie Matrix term, to free me.
Every single cognizant human being on the face of this planet has the capacity for achieving such. What makes you so special again? I have come in late to this latest foray of prophet vs. profit.

[Edit]
And also, did you read Painkiller's post before mine? A very stringent point there.

05-09-2012, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 02:20 PM by EqualAtheist.)
So basically, if one finds that they know themselves, without actually needing help to know themselves, then they would be just as chosen as you?
IM, I think that Mada said he has Pain on ignore. He did not like having so much pointed out to him, and like Visqueen, and probably soon myself, when people disagree, they go on the ignore list.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)