Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
May the the Lord Jesus bless you all
03-28-2010, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2010 09:12 AM by gospelbob2010.)
May the the Lord Jesus bless you all
I follow and serve the one true God the Lord Jesus Christ

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God

May God bless you all
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2010, 09:14 AM
RE: May the the Lord Jesus bless you all
what does he drink these days

????????????????
03-28-2010, 11:15 AM
(03-28-2010 09:14 AM)kevlar Wrote:  what does he drink these days

I had to think about that one... pretty funny.

Welcome to the forums, gospelbob2010.

---------------
Not selling anything.
03-28-2010, 12:38 PM
(03-28-2010 09:12 AM)gospelbob2010 Wrote:  I follow and serve the one true God the Lord Jesus Christ

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God

May God bless you all

Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy it here and maybe learn something. I'm Aingeal.

Thank you, and may the gods bless you as well, and keep you in health and honour.
03-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Don't need your irrelevant, arrogant blessing. Keep it to yourself.

We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake
03-28-2010, 12:50 PM
(03-28-2010 12:45 PM)Secular Hobbit Wrote:  Don't need your irrelevant, arrogant blessing. Keep it to yourself.

That's a bit rude.
03-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't think it is. I don't need anybody's blessing from a mythical sky fairy, I in fact, find it offensive.

We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake
03-28-2010, 12:57 PM
(03-28-2010 12:54 PM)Secular Hobbit Wrote:  I don't think it is. I don't need anybody's blessing from a mythical sky fairy, I in fact, find it offensive.

You find it offensive that someone wants good things for you? He didn't say "you all need Christ's blessings" only that he would ask for it. I'm sorry, but I don't understand that.
03-28-2010, 01:07 PM
There's a big difference between "I wish you luck and happiness" and "May God bless you." It's similar to charity. Religious charity, I feel, lacks the genuine nature of secular charity since the secularist is doing good for the sake of good whereas the believer is doing good because he "should" or it is his "duty" under the scrutiny of God. Why invoke God where he is not necessary?

03-28-2010, 01:13 PM
(03-28-2010 01:07 PM)Secular Hobbit Wrote:  There's a big difference between "I wish you luck and happiness" and "May God bless you." It's similar to charity. Religious charity, I feel, lacks the genuine nature of secular charity since the secularist is doing good for the sake of good whereas the believer is doing good because he "should" or it is his "duty" under the scrutiny of God. Why invoke God where he is not necessary?

Geez, remind me never to give you birthday wishes. If I send someone wishes, or ask the blessings of my gods down on someone, it's not any differnt than me saying "good luck," or "I hope you have good health." It's certainly never meant in a disparaging manner.

What if the religious charity is the only real way to do meaningful charity in an area? And does it matter if the person is religious, if they're doing it to do good, and not to get in good with whatever god?

You can't judge motive so easily, and trying too is rather superficial, even if I fear you are right in this case.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)