Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Medical benefits of fasting Ramadan
09-03-2008, 03:41 AM
Medical benefits of fasting Ramadan
Fasting is a prescribed duty, and a private relation between man and his Lord, which Allah has guaranteed to reward for it. It was narrated in the Qudsi Hadith that Allah says; "Every act of the son of Adam is for him, except fasting. It is meant (exclusively) for Me and I give reward for it."

In 1994, the first conference on health benefits of fasting Ramadan was held in Casablanca, Morocco. Around 50 research papers from all over the world incorporating the health benefits of fasting Ramadan were discussed by Moslem and non-Moslem researchers.
Of the health benefits of fasting Ramadan are :
1-Giving rest to the digestive system.
2-Moderate loss of weight.
3-Decrease of cholesterol level in blood... The Prophet (PBUH) said; "Fast! You will be healthy."
4-Rest of renal system.
5-Educational and psychological benefits... The Prophet said; "Fasting is restraining. When anyone of you is fasting, he should refrain from obscene language or any acts of ignorance. And if anyone slanders him or quarrels with him, he should say; 'I am fasting, I am fasting.'" Several studies revealed that crime rate in Islamic countries decreases during Ramadan .
** for more information paste the link:-
http://reachoutgroup.blogspot.com/2008/0...sting.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The "Benefits" of living your life as a son of God and there is no downside. PTL Gismys17 26 528 02-09-2017 07:09 PM
Last Post: PeterPants
  Fasting KAYSER 14 1,438 07-20-2013 05:16 PM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME
  Essential Do’s and Don’ts for Ramadan Fasting Manahel.Fatima 0 783 08-01-2011 06:35 AM
Last Post: Manahel.Fatima
  Fasting for a better me faith folau 14 1,982 03-03-2011 08:38 AM
Last Post: Visqueen
  Medical benefits of fasting Ramadan sesame 0 1,252 08-25-2009 07:21 AM
Last Post: sesame

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)