Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Medusa's Question Du Jour
09-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Medusa's Question Du Jour
So this is another one of the threads I've started on a few forums. It's also another way to get to know each other. And to also spark conversation which may lead to their own thread. I will be posting a daily (I might miss some times) question.Please quote that question when replying because some people may be answering questions out of order. The questions are of a general variety. From serious to simply curious. And usually I'll let a question stay more than a day if people are still replying. So what's the first question you ask?

What does your username mean and why did you choose it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2011, 08:07 AM
RE: Medusa's Question Du Jour
(09-15-2011 01:23 AM)Medusa Wrote:  What does your username mean and why did you choose it?

Alison is my first name. I am called by my middle name but I use Alison here. The 2 is because I have an original account, Alison, that became non-functioning (thanks IE9) so I had to create a new account. So as not to lose my identity, I made it Alison2.
Find all posts by this user
09-15-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm very interested in the space industry (which involves huge rockets), I'd like to work in that industry and maybe start a company in that industry. And of course I'm a boy, and my power level is over 9000!
09-15-2011, 12:40 PM
[Image: Judas-Priest-Painkiller-Wallpaper.jpg]
09-15-2011, 02:09 PM
I used to work at the Renaissance Faire. My character was a juggler and a notoriously bad poet, so I went by the name "Geoffrey Taucer" for the triple-entendre:

1. Pun on Geoffrey Chaucer
2. Tosser = one who juggles
3. Tosser = wanker

I've been using it as my all-purpose pseudonym ever since.

No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should.
-Ann Druyan
09-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Do Americans really say "tosser" as if it rhymes with "Chaucer"?
09-15-2011, 03:23 PM
(09-15-2011 02:27 PM)Painkiller Wrote:  Do Americans really say "tosser" as if it rhymes with "Chaucer"?

Yes - tosser does rhyme with Chaucer - what bizarre British way do you pronounce those two?
09-15-2011, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 03:30 PM by Painkiller.)
The same way in which "herbs" actually has a [censored] h at the beginning.
Anyway, I've posted my name explanation, you do yours. See if you can find an even more anti-socially massive picture.
09-15-2011, 03:33 PM
(09-15-2011 01:23 AM)Medusa Wrote:  What does your username mean and why did you choose it?

Well, I was originally going to go with a different screen name. The one that I use for almost everything. However, I used this screen name in a debate on a local news site, and when it came out that I was an atheist, a person on the site, warned me that my kids needed to be taken away from me, so they can be taught God. Needless to say, my wife asked me to stop using that screen name for everything, because this person was arrested a few weeks later, and I was called by the police because this person has my name, my address, and job, what times my son went to TaeKwondo, which times my wife took him instead of me. So, it took me some time to think of a good name. Read through the forum a bit to see what some of the topics where and decided on EqualAtheist.

Basically, I feel that all are equal. You, me, them, all of us are of equal worth. Religion does not make one better then another. Belief or non believe does not make one better then another. So Equal. Atheist, well, because I am an Atheist. Did not consider myself a humanist at the time I entered this forum, else, I might have picked that instead.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
09-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Now you've got me saying 'Kosser???? Osser????' outloud - I think I missed something. Whacky Brits.

[Image: Unsane_Visqueen.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Question Du Jour (the year of the chicken butt) Medusa 31 1,150 01-12-2017 05:37 PM
Last Post: Imprecise Interrupt
  Medusa Yefet 2 518 12-30-2011 09:08 AM
Last Post: StarStuff

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)