Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Member Levels and Reputation
01-06-2009, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2010 09:55 PM by God Rocks.)
Member Levels and Reputation
There will now be member levels based off of the reputation system which will allow our most trusted members to give warnings to other members in order to help moderate the forum.

User Levels
Registered: Starting Level for new members. Can not give reputation to other members.

Registered - Level 1: Can give reputation to other members which count for 1 point. Members are promoted to this level once they have 50 posts and have been a member for at least 30 days.

Registered - Level 2: Can choose to have reputation given to other members count for up to 2 points. Members are promoted to this level once they have 5 reputation points, 100 posts, and have been a member for at least 90 days.

Registered - Level 3: Have the ability to give other members warnings according to the warning system with a limit of giving one warning per day. Can also choose to have reputation given to other members count for up to 3 points. Members are promoted to this level once they have 10 reputation points, 250 posts, and have been a member for at least 120 days.

This should create a system in which the community can collectively decide which members it trusts enough to be given the power to give warnings according to the warning system outlined at http://www.religionforums.org/announcements.php?aid=1. The more trusted a member is, the more say they have in choosing whether or not to trust other members with this responsibility.

The limit placed on the number of warnings allowed per day should help prevent abuse of the system. All warning activity is recorded and if there is abuse of the system, it can be reported to an admin.

Changes to this system may be made as is deemed necessary.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2011, 11:17 AM
RE: Member Levels and Reputation
Is this still accurate? I've been registered since 03/07/2011 (115 days including today) with 9 rep points and 490 posts but I'm still a level 1. From this I should be a level 2 getting very near a level 3.

In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Find all posts by this user
10-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Not to worry Zoe. I am still level one as well. Not sure it is still active.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
10-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Somehow I smell something really crappy going to happen because of this. I've seen some people's rep points very high. Yet are complete jackassholes whose judgment I don't trust with fire proof oven mittens.

Satan is my spirit animal
10-25-2011, 09:18 PM
thread almost 3yrs old

????????????????
10-25-2011, 09:25 PM
(10-25-2011 09:18 PM)kevlar Wrote:  thread almost 3yrs old

Holy shite Kev! Good eye.

*grabs glasses....Tongue

10-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Ahh well at least my judgement is sound.

????????????????
10-26-2011, 01:11 PM
(10-25-2011 09:18 PM)kevlar Wrote:  thread almost 3yrs old

I know, but it's marked as important and it's the only thread other than this one (which says the same thing) that I've spotted that actually covers this info.

Just seems like an official announcement that covers some of the basics of how the forum works should be updated slightly more often.

In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
10-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Only people with high rep points.....

I think we are all, at times, jackasses.

Even if I were raised in level though, I doubt I would use it.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
10-27-2011, 06:26 PM
(10-27-2011 03:51 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  Only people with high rep points.....

I think we are all, at times, jackasses.

Even if I were raised in level though, I doubt I would use it.

I would. I'd smite the shite out of people.

Because it's fun to see them get pissy.

They used to smite me until they found out I was secretly gleeful of the smites.

Angelic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)