Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Mention of Muhammad by name in the OT
10-31-2009, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2009 07:23 AM by a91ch.)
Mention of Muhammad by name in the OT
Muhammad (peace be upon him) is actually mentioned by name in the Old Testament in the original Hebrew Song of Solomon, Ch., 5 V. 16. But for some misguided reasons they have chosen to adulterate it by changing it from "Muhammadim" (in the Hebrew) to "altogether lovely" in the English. (Muhammad + im is a term of respect in Hebrew.)

Song of Solomon 5:16 [Hebrew Old Testament (Tanach)]

חכו ממתקים וכלו מחמדים זה דודי וזה רעי בנות ירושׁלם׃

Translitiration: "Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is Muhammad. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

The Hebrew word "מחמד" (the one in red above) means "The Praised one" in English which is the exact meaning of the Arabic word "Muhammad".

For Truth Seekers Only!

Ahmadiyya Revealed
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2009, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2009 08:48 AM by catholicstation.)
RE: Mention of Muhammad by name in the OT
(10-31-2009 07:21 AM)a91ch Wrote:  Muhammad

Muhammad Is a false Prophet that does not appear in the Old Or New Testement

Unless You want to claim Muhammad is 900 years old!

The Septuagint is a third century B.C. Greek translation of the Old Testament. The word septuaginta is Latin for 70. The Septuagint gets its name from 72 Jewish scholars commissioned in Alexandria during the reign of Ptolemy II Philadelphus (285-247 B.C.)
10-31-2009, 11:09 PM
(10-31-2009 07:21 AM)a91ch Wrote:  Muhammad (peace be upon him) is actually mentioned by name in the Old Testament in the original Hebrew Song of Solomon, Ch., 5 V. 16. But for some misguided reasons they have chosen to adulterate it by changing it from "Muhammadim" (in the Hebrew) to "altogether lovely" in the English. (Muhammad + im is a term of respect in Hebrew.)

Song of Solomon 5:16 [Hebrew Old Testament (Tanach)]

חכו ממתקים וכלו מחמדים זה דודי וזה רעי בנות ירושׁלם׃

Translitiration: "Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is Muhammad. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

The Hebrew word "מחמד" (the one in red above) means "The Praised one" in English which is the exact meaning of the Arabic word "Muhammad".

Here is another opinion.

Quote:The term is מחמדים (with vowels: מַחֲמַדִּים, pronounced: machmadim) and it is a plural form of the word מחמד (machmad) means something precious, or beloved, in Hebrew.

The word machmad in Hebrew comes from the root CH.M.D, the root of words such as "coveted", "delightful", "delightful", "desirable"...
In Arabic, the root CH.M.D is the root of words such as "praised", "decent", "praiseworthy" etc, and this is also the root of the name Muhammad.

The sentence "חִכּוֹ, מַמְתַקִּים, וְכֻלּוֹ, מַחֲמַדִּים" (Chico, mamtakim, vechulo, machmadim) was translated as: "His mouth is most sweet; yea, he is altogether lovely".

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...601AAMH1F0
12-06-2009, 08:11 AM
More proofs..

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cur_6aYs_7k

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbSCYkxRZAg

For Truth Seekers Only!

Ahmadiyya Revealed
12-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Here's proof that a group of girls in high heels can defeat the walking undead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQBqvckjKMQ

Oh, no, wait, it's just a film on youtube that can be posted by anyone and has no academic credibility and is probably made with a biased view in mind.
12-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Not quite, Zag. YouTube videos often are a great way of expressing ideas (I happen to love cdk007 and donexodus2 and their brilliant analysis of evolution and why it is the truth.) These particular videos happen to be wrong because their facts are wrong. And just like any argument where the facts are wrong, the argument follows. Muhammed is not mentioned in the bible. Attempts to prove he is are based on horribly tortuous mistranslations.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
12-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Youtube can be a great way for expressing and demonstrating ideas, yes, but not as a source of proof. That was my point.

By this I mean that youtube does not tend to state who the author is, or give a bibiography, and therefore you cannot check the sources, etc. You may well like those people's ones, but I just glanced at one and it didn't give sources for its information. It therefore leaves itself open to the accusation that the statistics, facts and fugures are just made up. You certainly couldn't quote a youtube video in an university essay.

A link to an article, or some such, means others can google who the author was, check their sources, and consider it as a more valid source of evidence, and perhaps proof, if they so choose. a91ch's first post was fine; it gave an argument, including the Hebrew, and tried to argue a point. It allowed Parousia to research and give an opposing view.

In a forum discussion, we're hardly going to watch a youtube clip with a piece of paper and pen ready to write down points that we wish to discuss later. Links and book references allow you to scan the information and focus on parts to talk about. I'm probably not going to watch a ten minute youtube clip, let alone quote specific parts in a discussion, especially if I don't know where the information is from.
12-11-2009, 01:22 AM
(10-31-2009 07:49 AM)catholicstation Wrote:  

The Septuagint is a third century B.C. Greek translation of the Old Testament. The word septuaginta is Latin for 70. The Septuagint gets its name from 72 Jewish scholars commissioned in Alexandria during the reign of Ptolemy II Philadelphus (285-247 B.C.)
how u can tell that??!! Muhammad is the last Prophet,he send to all people to show us truth, we respect to all messengers but the Jesus was sent only for Israel people,and they kill ecery single messenger they kill even Jesus, thats why Israel people under damn! Allah is only One God and Muhammed is his Messenger! I'm so glad that I'm a muslim,and i'm really apologize to all non-muslims!poor people i hope they will see truth one day
12-11-2009, 01:31 AM
Which part? That Muhammad doesn't show up in the Old Testament? That can be determined using literary criticism, historical scholarship, and accurate translation.

That Muhammad is a false prophet? That can be determined through critical analysis of Islam itself, as I have done in many threads throughout the forums (and it's too close to my bedtime to repeat here.)

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
12-19-2009, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2009 04:49 PM by Nur.)
(10-31-2009 07:49 AM)catholicstation Wrote:  

We love you Ya Rasulullah!

"I have studied him — the wonderful man — and in my opinion he must be called the saviour of humanity."
- George Bernard Shaw in "The Genuine Islam"

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level."

Michael H. Hart, THE 100: A RANKING OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS IN HISTORY, New York: Hart Publishing Company, Inc., 1978, p. 33.
*Why has God sent prophets?

God has sent prophets to humanity, in different times and places, to communicate His message. Since the beginning of time, God has sent His guidance through these chosen people. They were human beings who taught the people around them about faith in One Almighty God, and how to walk on the path of righteousness. Some prophets also revealed God's Word through books of revelation.

*What message have the prophets brought?

Muslims believe that all prophets gave guidance and instruction to their people about how to properly worship God and live their lives. Since God is One, His message has been one and the same throughout time. In essence, all prophets taught the message of Islam - to find peace in your life through submission to the One Almighty Creator; to believe in God and to follow His guidance.

*What does the Qur'an say about the prophets?

"The Messenger believes in what has been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one of them believes in God, His angels, His books, and His Messengers. They say: 'We make no distinction between one and another of His Messengers.' And they say: 'We hear, and we obey. We seek Thy forgiveness, Our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys.'" (Al-Baqarah, 2:285)

*What prophets are named in the Qur'an?

There are 25 prophets mentioned by name in the Qur'an, although Muslims believe that there were many more in different times and places. Among the prophets that Muslims honor are:

* Adam (A.S.)
* Idris (A.S.) (Enoch)
* Nuh (A.S.) (Noah)
* Hud (A.S.) (Eber)
* Saleh (A.S.) (Shaloh)
* Ibrahim (A.S.) (Abraham)
* Isma'il (A.S.) (Ishmael)
* Ishaq (A.S.) (Isaac)
* Lut (A.S.) (Lot)
* Ya'qub (A.S.) (Jacob)
* Yousef (A.S.) (Joseph)
* Shu'aib (A.S.) (Jethro)
* Ayyub (A.S.) (Job)
* Musa (A.S.) (Moses)
* Harun (A.S.) (Aaron)
* Dhu'l-kifl (A.S.) (Ezekiel)
* Dawud (A.S.) (David)
* Sulaiman (A.S.) (Solomon)
* Ilias (A.S.) (Elias)
* Al-Yasa (A.S.) (Elisha)
* Yunus (A.S.) (Jonah)
* Zakariyya (A.S.) (Zechariah)
* Yahya (A.S.) (John)
* 'Isa (A.S.) (Jesus)
* Muhammad (S.A.W.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)