Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Militant Atheist... BEWARE!!!!
01-31-2010, 02:29 AM
Militant Atheist... BEWARE!!!!
Hello all,

Im glad to finally be apart of a community of adults who enjoy speaking about religion. I am a military historian from New York. while in college i took a philosophy of religion class that peaked my interest in the theology. Since then i have become a militant atheist. I feel as though this puts me in a negative light so in closing i will say that i am respectful to all religions and will give you the time of day. if you wish to PM me and wish to discuss religion please feel free to do so.

Thank you all,

The Todd
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2010, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2010 10:43 AM by StarStuff.)
RE: Militant Atheist... BEWARE!!!!
(01-31-2010 02:29 AM)X_The Todd_X Wrote:  Hello all,

Im glad to finally be apart of a community of adults

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Quote:who enjoy speaking about religion. I am a military historian from New York. while in college i took a philosophy of religion class that peaked my interest in the theology. Since then i have become a militant atheist. I feel as though this puts me in a negative light so in closing i will say that i am respectful to all religions and will give you the time of day. if you wish to PM me and wish to discuss religion please feel free to do so.

Thank you all,

The Todd

Welcome, and enjoy your stay!
01-31-2010, 11:23 AM
(01-31-2010 02:29 AM)X_The Todd_X Wrote:  Hello all,

Im glad to finally be apart of a community of adults who enjoy speaking about religion. I am a military historian from New York. while in college i took a philosophy of religion class that peaked my interest in the theology. Since then i have become a militant atheist. I feel as though this puts me in a negative light so in closing i will say that i am respectful to all religions and will give you the time of day. if you wish to PM me and wish to discuss religion please feel free to do so.

Thank you all,

The Todd

Another historian, woot!

Although my expertise is mostly on colonialism and Africa, but still, welcome welcome.

I'm very much not an atheist, though, but still! I'm Clementine, our resident Vodouisant.

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen
01-31-2010, 06:23 PM
About that adult thing....Anyways, welcome to the forum. I hope I won't have to frightened by you as much as I am by Dawkins and his yelling.
01-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Dawkins actually has one of the most soothing voices I've ever heard. You could just fall asleep listening to it.

And then in that soothing, charming British accent, he will call you an idiot for all your childhood beliefs. I've never heard him yell in an interview or a lecture, not even when people use Q&A sessions to accuse him of things.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-31-2010, 06:53 PM
hehe, nice to "meet" you all!

Babylon- if you want a truly scary militant atheist, check out some speeches by Christopher Hitchens. He was speaking at St. Lawrence University and a woman asked him if he felt any remorse about leading souls into hell... while i don't remember exactly what he said i remember the silence in the room after he spoke... he is an eerily powerful speaker... youtube him, hes a good man (i've met him once or twice) and an even better theological debunker.

Clem- Thank you, always nice to see other historians about (I specialize in post WWII US military history/foreign policy... if you wanna be specific hehe).

GT- i read some of your posts, you and i have many of the same ideas, i believe we will get along quite well.

Thank you all,

The Todd

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)