Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Milk
04-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Exclamation Milk
I watched Milk last night. Great movie! Sean Penn was superb!

monk
Episcopal/Anglican/Religion Community
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2009, 06:57 PM
RE: Milk
Really? Was it a good movie, or a, "This is a movie about treating homosexuals like real people, so it MUST be good" movie? I love legitimately good movies about the struggles for equal rights, and about the historical figures involved, but way too many of those movies end up sounding like after school specials, and I like a little more meat with my "milk" Smile
Find all posts by this user
04-24-2009, 06:06 AM
(04-19-2009 06:57 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Really? Was it a good movie, or a, "This is a movie about treating homosexuals like real people, so it MUST be good" movie? I love legitimately good movies about the struggles for equal rights, and about the historical figures involved, but way too many of those movies end up sounding like after school specials, and I like a little more meat with my "milk" Smile

No. It's a good movie that should lead society and culture to the just and humane treatment of homosexuals as well as all who are marginalized and/or treated as second class "people". Superb acting!

monk
Episcopal/Anglican/Religion Community
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2009, 05:01 AM
Hi monk,

I guess it is true that I am built close to water. I am surely watching Milk as soon as and will probably be a complete mess afterwards... Thanks for the great review. And let's hope for change. I am always an optimist.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)