Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moderation period
11-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Moderation period
I know you're very busy, but given the fact that Dmanao/Daone/TheSoul/Demon keeps coming in and spamming us, it might be wise to start having all new members have their first posts moderated. That way you can ban them before they spam the boards.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2009, 12:24 PM
RE: Moderation period
I'd second this (I emailed GodRocks about our new friend within ten posts).

Either that, or give someone temprary mod abilities until the problem goes away. Parousia perhaps, if he'd be willing to do it?
11-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Having a mod who's around more frequently would definitely help.
12-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Parousia has agreed to help by becoming a moderator. Thanks Parousia!

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2009, 09:27 AM
(12-01-2009 12:01 AM)God Rocks Wrote:  Parousia has agreed to help by becoming a moderator. Thanks Parousia!

Wink
12-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Oh good, hopefully this will drive the spammers/trolls away. Oh, and apparently, one of the people that came here was a troll on many other boards across the net. Someone from another forum told me about him and his signiture. But I don't know if that is true. It was not TheSoul and his many other faces, it was someone else.

The person that is truly happy is not the one who gets everything they want, but the one who learns to be happy with what they have.
12-01-2009, 02:02 PM
(12-01-2009 01:50 PM)Satanicbitch Wrote:  Oh good, hopefully this will drive the spammers/trolls away. Oh, and apparently, one of the people that came here was a troll on many other boards across the net. Someone from another forum told me about him and his signiture. But I don't know if that is true. It was not TheSoul and his many other faces, it was someone else.

If you see anything improper, trolling or otherwise, use the Report button.

Here are the rules as laid down by his supremeness, God Rocks.

1. Be respectful. This one rule summarizes all other rules and any which may not be specifically stated.
2. No personal attacks. While debating is encouraged, pointless fighting and name calling is not.
3. No R-rated posts
4. No spamming (advertisements, pointless posts, ect.) - Signature links are allowed though as long as they aren't disruptively big and you aren't making posts which are intentionally advertising your signature link.

http://www.religionforums.org/announcement-1.html
12-01-2009, 06:44 PM
(12-01-2009 01:50 PM)Satanicbitch Wrote:  Oh good, hopefully this will drive the spammers/trolls away. Oh, and apparently, one of the people that came here was a troll on many other boards across the net. Someone from another forum told me about him and his signiture. But I don't know if that is true. It was not TheSoul and his many other faces, it was someone else.

What was the sig? I'm interested who it was now you've said that!
12-01-2009, 07:03 PM
(12-01-2009 06:44 PM)Zagreus Wrote:  

We must be careful to distinguish between genuine trolls and those who merely have unusual viewpoints and ways of expressing themselves. There are some of that latter description here who also visit various other boards. Some might consider them trolls because they are difficult to pigeonhole and sometimes to understand. For what it is worth, I do not consider them trolls.

IMO the number one hallmark of the troll is a profound lack of respect, which may manifest itself in any number of ways. Respect for others is also the number one rule of behavior on this board, as documented upstream a bit. If someone breaks the rules in a substantive way, trollishly or not, use Report. But if you just don't care for what someone says, don't read his/her posts. If they annoy you that much, try the Ignore button.

*climbs off soapbox and pushes it back under bed*
12-02-2009, 02:19 PM
(12-01-2009 06:44 PM)Zagreus Wrote:  

It was "acai berry" I think he/she got deleted from here as I have not seen them. The other forum seemed pretty aware and the mods got rid of them after a day.

The person that is truly happy is not the one who gets everything they want, but the one who learns to be happy with what they have.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  We need more aggressive and active moderation StarStuff 53 4,644 11-07-2011 04:02 PM
Last Post: Flipper
  Moderation of Reputation scores GTseng3 11 2,141 05-04-2009 11:41 PM
Last Post: GTseng3

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)