Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Most Beautiful 99 Names of Allah
06-09-2017, 06:45 AM
Most Beautiful 99 Names of Allah
There are so many names of God of should to be exact, there are 99 names of Allah that we should know. It is a must for us Muslim to know and study the 99 names of God, would be better if we can remember it by heart and use it in our everyday life such as when we are praying or reciting Dua. Among the names are Al-Rahim the Most Merciful, Al Rahman the All Merciful, al Malik the King and Al Aziz the Almighty, the Self Sufficient. These names help Muslims to think of Allah’s unknowable nature.

Click on the hyperlink to view 99 names of Allah with Transliteration, Translation and Quranic Usage
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2017, 07:30 AM
RE: Most Beautiful 99 Names of Allah
(06-09-2017 06:45 AM)msohail28 Wrote:  There are so many names of God of should to be exact, there are 99 names of Allah that we should know. It is a must for us Muslim to know and study the 99 names of God, would be better if we can remember it by heart and use it in our everyday life such as when we are praying or reciting Dua. Among the names are Al-Rahim the Most Merciful, Al Rahman the All Merciful, al Malik the King and Al Aziz the Almighty, the Self Sufficient. These names help Muslims to think of Allah’s unknowable nature.

Click on the hyperlink to view 99 names of Allah with Transliteration, Translation and Quranic Usage

That's kind of a repost from here

Your new username is too similar to your old one Big Grin

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
06-09-2017, 09:45 AM
When I was a practicing Muslim I appended my name with 'abd Al-Ghaffar'- servant of the Most Forgiving- because, boy howdy, I had a lot to be forgiven for Big Grin

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
06-09-2017, 02:56 PM
There are actually 100 names....

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
06-09-2017, 02:57 PM
(06-09-2017 02:56 PM)The_Squid Wrote:  There are actually 100 names....

But only 99 Beautiful ones Big Grin

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
06-09-2017, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 03:20 PM by Imprecise Interrupt.)
(06-09-2017 02:57 PM)Caesar Saladin Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 02:56 PM)The_Squid Wrote:  There are actually 100 names....

But only 99 Beautiful ones Big Grin

No, all 100 of them could be beautiful. But no more than 99 can be the most beautiful.

BTW the Quranic references in the linked table do not always make sense. Example: 2.474305556 or 0.261111111 and a number of similar decimal fractions. I suspect that the original table may have been a spreadsheet and sometimes used / (implying division) instead of : That would have treated as a mathematical expression and 'solved'.

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
06-11-2017, 01:38 AM
There's also the Vishnu Sahasranama:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishnu_sah...ggregation

Some years ago I observed a professor from our University who spent a greater part of a day reciting them.

"All religions, arts, and sciences are branches of the same tree."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does Wikipedia have fake names up for temples? bridito 7 1,078 07-05-2011 03:41 PM
Last Post: bridito
  Beautiful Quran recitation and Adhans, really beautiful, with english subtitle Isa 24 4,757 11-20-2010 10:51 PM
Last Post: biomystic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)